OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Willie did damn good all things considered especially w/ the early signing day. My biggest worry this recruiting year was WR and they landed 5. Next was DE/OLB and they landed quality there (esp if the peters kid qualifies). No real reaches, i’m happy w/ the class . Only real miss was @ QB & an ILB.

‘19 class is gonna be key, have some positions they’re really going to need to land some elite talent at. QB, RB, DE, OT

I’ve fallen off pretty heavy but Deondre still got 2 yrs left ya? Assuming he doesn’t hit the draft, don’t know how real of a chance that is. Nobody in line besides Blackman cause that was rough viewing.

3 Star John Jackson III decided to sign as a walk on over commutable scholarship offers from Nebraska and UNLV. He also had offers from UCLA and Oregon and Tennessee but I’m not sure how hard they were pursuing him.

Tons of Oregon fans on Devon Williams’s instagram calling him a snake. “Don’t comment” is the new “don’t tweet”

3 star walk ons :pimp:

he's technically on scholarship though, but not an athletic one, correct?

You can’t do that anymore. The aid needs to need based, or have nothing to do with either academics or athletics at the University.

That loophole got closed after Miami and some others were stashing guys on the T&F team.

You can’t do that anymore. The aid needs to need based, or have nothing to do with either academics or athletics at the University.

That loophole got closed after Miami and some others were stashing guys on the T&F team.
I think faculty members who have kids go to the same school get a free ride? They signed a recent kid as a walk on and he got a free ride because his mom is the track coach I believe. Wondering if former athletes kids get free rides too?

I don’t even take that as a shot at Iowa St. That’s just the facts.

He didn't have to name ISU specifically, and he's going to look real stupid when he plays the "you have an offer but you can't commit right now" with a kid like they all do.

He doesn't let anything go :lol:

Looks like Warriner is going to stay on as an analyst. There's a rumor that there's some bad blood between him and Meyer and that's factored into his decision to stay.

Not mentioned in the vid but I guess Cam Cameron has interviewed for that 10th spot too :lol:.

Vernon Jackson apparently signed an LOI for A&M tonight and then didn’t fax it.

Bakers gonna be That dude who graduates and gets a job but still comes to all the college parties
this.gif

Small school dude to keep an eye on next season. Consensus All-American and was PFF's top graded EDGE guy this season.

Game reminds me a bit of Haason Reddick and his back story is similar too. HS RB who they bulked up and put on the edge because of his athleticism.

I think faculty members who have kids go to the same school get a free ride? They signed a recent kid as a walk on and he got a free ride because his mom is the track coach I believe. Wondering if former athletes kids get free rides too?

His dad does radio for the team I believe but I’m not sure if he counts as a faculty member. They can apply for financial aid and grants though and could always get a scholarship next year. SC also got a couple of 3 star LBs, another 3 Star WR, a high rated long snapper and a highly rated kicker to preferred walk on as well. Kind of impressive.

His dad does radio for the team I believe but I’m not sure if he counts as a faculty member. They can apply for financial aid and grants though and could always get a scholarship next year. SC also got a couple of 3 star LBs, another 3 Star WR, a high rated long snapper and a highly rated kicker to preferred walk on as well. Kind of impressive.
yeah, his Dad was a wide receiver back in the day and i don't know why, but i felt like i read somewhere about him coming because he gets a free ride because of his dad. I didn't pay much attention to the article so i probably skipped the important parts.

Back
Top Bottom