Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex is a very quiet dude, the fans are embracing him quite well. I hope that the large crowds don't overwhelm him. Out of the two games for ST I've seen so far I've yet to see him sign anything for anyone. 

Anyone know how to get their kid to be one of the ones that runs out with the players? I want to get my nephew in on that this season.

Anyone know how to get their kid to be one of the ones that runs out with the players? I want to get my nephew in on that this season.

Used to be easy. Got my nephew, friends brothers and sisters, siblings if people that hooked me up with stuff. Back in 2008-2010, fab services would grab random kids, we would make sure those kids were "random". Got hard after that, cause other depts (sponsorship, sales, etc) wanted some of the pie.

My suggestion. Write a letter to fan services.

Yeah, contacting fan services directly is likely your best bet if you don't have a inside connection to the team. I think some people would be surprised how effective a simple reaching out can be.

Used to be easy. Got my nephew, friends brothers and sisters, siblings if people that hooked me up with stuff. Back in 2008-2010, fab services would grab random kids, we would make sure those kids were "random". Got hard after that, cause other depts (sponsorship, sales, etc) wanted some of the pie.

My suggestion. Write a letter to fan services.

Yeah, contacting fan services directly is likely your best bet if you don't have a inside connection to the team. I think some people would be surprised how effective a simple reaching out can be.

Awesome thanks fellas I'll check that out in the morning.

I wouldn't count on it... At least not for the Opening Series. Anyone in LA know of a place that will be open for the 1 a.m. game AND showing it with sound?
nerd.gif
Dish subscriber here.

pm me fam

Damn, I really hope they hash out this TV deal soon. I hate streaming kuz sometimes it's real choppy. Uverse needs to get on this ASAP.

So what's everybody's predictions/expectations this year?

I'm thinking 90-95 wins n hopefully that WS ring. I've only known Figueroa in June, would like to visit in November.

Anything short of a title is a failure for this squad.

:lol:

The bloated payroll will suggest this and the majority of the fan base will expect this, unfortunately. Hoping for the World Series, but won't see it as failure if they're not hoisting the trophy. Dissapointed? Yes, but this team has some major holes.

Things that worry me:

- Clayton's 2013 work load affecting his 2014 season
- Ryu's possible sophomore slump
- Paco becoming the next Scott Proctor, Ramon Troncoso, Cory Wade...
- Uribe remembering he is Juan Uribe
- Dee Gordon in the starting line up...
- Second Base
- Hanley Ramirez' health
- AJ Ellis' gradual regression
- Crawford and Ethier getting paid and thinking they are superstars, when they are no longer that.
- Kemp's shaky health and not having a true CF'er
- Puig's attitude

Now every team has questions, and some teams have already lost starting pitchers for the season. We are one of the favorites, but I don't think we are head and shoulders above the other top NL teams such as the Nats and Cards.

Anything short of a title is a failure for this squad.
laugh.gif

The bloated payroll will suggest this and the majority of the fan base will expect this, unfortunately. Hoping for the World Series, but won't see it as failure if they're not hoisting the trophy. Dissapointed? Yes, but this team has some major holes.

Things that worry me:

- Clayton's 2013 work load affecting his 2014 season
- Ryu's possible sophomore slump
- Paco becoming the next Scott Proctor, Ramon Troncoso, Cory Wade...
- Uribe remembering he is Juan Uribe
- Dee Gordon in the starting line up...
- Second Base
- Hanley Ramirez' health
- AJ Ellis' gradual regression
- Crawford and Ethier getting paid and thinking they are superstars, when they are no longer that.
- Kemp's shaky health and not having a true CF'er
- Puig's attitude

Now every team has questions, and some teams have already lost starting pitchers for the season. We are one of the favorites, but I don't think we are head and shoulders above the other top NL teams such as the Nats and Cards.
This. These are the reasons I'm hopeful n not boa****l. There's many question marks regarding this season, however I think that most of this, at least for me, is just being in unfamiliar territory being a favorite at the beginning of a season. Sure back in the Mannywood days we felt good, but I felt there were more glaring issues than this year. However, after last years wild ride, I'm ready to just watch good baseball n enjoy the ride. "Can't wait!"

Anybody got any guys, other than KershGAWD, contending for any awards?

dont forget about a possible sophomore slump for Puig. 

health is all i can hope for, then come results on the field 

Don't get too worked up about winning it all, guys. $ should make you a competitor year in, year out and that's all you can ask for really. No buying a championship in any sport, especially baseball.

:nerd: is the season really upon us? How do we watch this game :smh:

@CincoSeisDos new thread?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom