OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

He’s gonna try to set the world on fire.

And I am here for it. :lol: :pimp:

I wanna see him go at Urban’s neck. Everyone already knows Tom’s a documented scumbag.

I'm just curious what dirt he has on Adidas schools with top West Coast recruits...seems like most of those going OOS have gone to Nike schools, no?

Wish Adidas would throw some more of that loot TAMU's way if he isn't bull ****ting

I'm just curious what dirt he has on Adidas schools with top West Coast recruits...seems like most of those going OOS have gone to Nike schools, no?

Wish Adidas would throw some more of that loot TAMU's way if he isn't bull ****ting

I think he's talking about Adidas using the Army game and 7on7 circuit to influence kids like they were using AAU to get at kids in basketball. Again, the only schools I can think of that benefited were UCLA, ND, and ASU who they tried to make Adidas's Oregon for a while.

I think he's talking about Adidas using the Army game and 7on7 circuit to influence kids like they were using AAU to get at kids in basketball. Again, the only schools I can think of that benefited were UCLA, ND, and ASU who they tried to make Adidas's Oregon for a while.
Based on what he said, definitely not a lot of schools with ties out west that could have benefited...or even did benefit at all. If what he's saying is even true, those schools got terrible ROIs and deserve to be punished. He's also lied out of his *** before, so I'm more than willing to bet that he's lying out of his *** again (and just trying to re-purpose the basketball allegations into football allegations)

Avenatti saw what just happened with the whistleblower on the college admissions scandal - with the dude whistleblowing on a completely unrelated issue from what he was being investigated for - and I feel like Avenatti is trying to buy himself time with a similar course of action

Looks like OSU is going to be running the Carrol C3.

Is Fuller still going to be the FS? The slot fade is going to give them some problems if that guy can't run.

If you remember that Mathison is the DC and his weakness is Spread Offenses and guess what Michigain is going to run now.

Matt is co-DC and from the sounds of it the guy they brought in as the other DC from SF is going to running the coverages.

Difference is, Buckeyes have an explosive offense... Michigan is stuck in 1984

Agreed. I can’t see Michigan beating tOSU in a high scoring shootout. I think when you guys beat us (which will happen sooner or later) it’s going to be one of those 24-17 type games where your defense is just lights out

Liked this writeup on Chenault from The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/891887/2019...ractice-laviska-shenault-texas-wide-receiver/

From the ‘B Team’ to the A-list: How Laviska Shenault became Colorado’s do-everything, All-Pac-12 performer

GettyImages-1025859828-1024x683.jpg

By Chantel Jennings 1h ago
save-icon@2x.png

BOULDER, Colo. — For the past few falls in Desoto, Texas, when high school football tryouts are over and the players are split up into five teams — varsity level; JV-A and JV-B; freshman-A and freshman-B — there is a name that comes up over and over again: Colorado wide receiver Laviska Shenault.

But not to those kids on the varsity team who are going to have their names in the newspapers and their jerseys recognized at school. Not even to the kids on the junior varsity teams, waiting to make their step up and get their chance.

Instead, when the players put on the Freshman B team — the lowest level for players at Desoto High School — might feel despondent, it’s Shenault’s name that coaches use. Because six and a half years ago, the player who is now seen as one of the most athletic players in the country, who could be a first-round NFL Draft pick if he chooses to go pro after the 2019 season, was just a kid on the Desoto High School’s least impressive football team.

“Where we are in Texas, it’s very talent-rich,” said Bam Harrison, Shenault’s B-team coach that year. “It was just one of those things that Laviska was kind of a late bloomer. He was still a great athlete, but at the time, there were more people there in front of him.”

Shenault was mostly a basketball player moonlighting as a football player, but on the recommendation from a friend, he decided he’d try out at wide receiver in high school. For most of his childhood, he had been stockier so he had played running back and outside linebacker, and in junior high he had focused on the defensive side of the ball.

So when he showed up to tryouts and ran routes, he looked like what he was — a basketball-playing linebacker running wide receiver routes for the first time.

Shenault watched as his best friend, and current Colorado teammate and roommate, K.D. Nixon was pulled up to the varsity squad immediately, while he stayed on the fifth-ranked group. For Nixon, there was notoriety and recognition, for Shenault, there were games to which few fans outside of parents attended.

“If you’re on the B team, you’re not a big deal,” Shenault said. “There’s none of that. No one pays attention to you.”

As a freshman, he learned the position. As a sophomore, he made the JV-A team and following that year he made the decision — one that Harrison now sees as one of the most important steps in Shenault’s journey — to really become invested in track and field, running the 400-meter dash.

“A lot of football players say, ‘I want to run track to get better,’ but to do that and run one race and there’s no hitting involved and there’s no — in their mind — physical activity, it can be boring to them, but he just wanted to get better,” Desoto track coach Rayford Ross said.

That season, his time on the track as well as in the weight room, coincided with a growth spurt that coaches saw he was able to leverage because he wasn’t just a fast football player getting stronger or faster. He was solely focused on being a runner who was gaining speed and strength.

“When his junior year (of football) started, he just erupted,” Harrison said. “He was doing what you saw him do this past year.”

And when college coaches stopped by that junior season, they kind of saw a similar — though more refined — version of what Desoto coaches saw out of Shenault as a freshman: a player who might look like a linebacker or a basketball player or a sprinter, who was also now a very skilled route runner.

Colorado coaches saw how his background made him different. Shenault was using the physicality of his linebacker days, the bounce and agility from his basketball days, the speed from his track days and the mental endurance required of a 400-meter sprint, but it was all wrapped up into a wide receiver.

Laviska Shenault had at least five receptions in all nine games he played last season and tied for second in the Pac-12 with five 100-yard receiving games. (Bruce Thorson / USA Today)
Through the first half of last season, college football fans saw that manifest itself on the field. The Buffs used Shenault in a multitude of ways, playing him at upwards of five offensive positions and keeping defenses guessing as to where his athleticism would take him next. The answer? Basically anywhere except the offensive line.

For Shenault, it’s kind of hard to believe all that has changed since his freshman high school football season in 2013. Last year, his name was on several Heisman watch lists as he tallied 708 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns (six receiving, four rushing) through the first five weeks of the season. This year, the expectations are higher.

New offensive coordinator Jay Johnson was initially struck with Shenault’s stature, saying, “He’s thick and he’s big, but when you see the film of what he does on the field with that athletic ability, it’s very impressive. … He’s a good combination of everything.”

Shenault likely won’t be playing out of as many positions as he did a season ago, but the goal for Johnson is to keep Shenault as versatile as possible to give the Buffs an advantage every time he is on the field.

Shenault is still rehabbing a turf toe injury he suffered last season and won’t begin running until next week. But the flashes he showed last season in addition to the return of himself, Nixon and quarterback Steven Montez, gives Colorado faith that the passing game can look as versatile and impressive as it did in the early stages of the 2018 season.

If so, Shenault’s name is one that will likely be heard around the college football world this fall and potentially in NFL Draft conversations around this time next year. He was one of just 30 college football players who were invited to Indianapolis earlier this month as a part of the NCAA’s Elite Student-Athlete Symposium, which brings potential high-round draft picks to the NFL Combine for a three-day event that will prepare the athletes for what to expect over the next year.

Shenault found himself in a room with players like Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm, Michigan wide receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones … and himself.

Were any of those guys members of their respective freshman B teams?

“Probably not,” Shenault said, and laughed. “Yeah, probably not.”

But he’s proud of his growth over the last six and half years, and the type of player he has become. He knows that it’s not only a personal testament, but that it’s also something that will continue to encourage every player who — like him — is part of the Desoto freshman B team.

“It’s a tool that we use for kids now that are on the B team. Now I can say, ‘Laviska Shenault was on the Heisman watch list and he was on the freshman-B team,’” Harrison said. “It gives the kids hope, because when you’re put on the B team it’s like, ‘Oh man, I’m the worst.’ Some take it hard, but some of them, like Laviska, take it and use it as a building block.”

Agreed. I can’t see Michigan beating tOSU in a high scoring shootout. I think when you guys beat us (which will happen sooner or later) it’s going to be one of those 24-17 type games where your defense is just lights out

We will see how things play out but I do know one thing the offense from Michigan wont be the same like last year. Josh Gattis didnt come to michigan to do nothing and couldve went to Maryland if thats the case.

https://apnews.com/91adbce7f4904fa69b229f12e7142652?utm_source=Twitter

Judge orders release of documents in Baylor assault cases
DALLAS (AP) — A federal judge in Texas ruled Thursday that a law firm must turn over thousands of records that lawyers believe will give a fuller accounting of how Baylor University responded to sexual assault allegations made by students.

Judge Robert Pitman said in his order that Philadelphia-based Pepper Hamilton must produce all materials related to its internal review that resulted in a 2016 summary report finding an “institutional failure at every level.”

The firm “must produce all materials” in its control that Baylor either has not produced or doesn’t possess, Pitman determined. He swept aside several objections that Pepper Hamilton had lodged, including that the federal court in Waco, home to the university, did not have jurisdiction in the matter. He ordered that the materials be provided by April 11.

Jim Dunnam, an attorney for plaintiffs who have filed federal claims against the nation’s largest Baptist university, said the records will include interviews with witnesses, emails between school administrators, information obtained from Waco police and other material. The records will include any references to findings such as sex discrimination, sexual harassment or domestic violence, according to a court filing.

Dunnam said the order is a “monster step forward in revealing the truth of what happened.”

“This is the stuff that’s been hidden for three years that substantiates and gives the details behind the failures that were acknowledged by the (university) regents,” Dunnam said.

A representative of Pepper Hamilton didn’t immediately return a message seeking comment on Thursday.

Baylor declined to comment.

The firm’s 2016 report found the school did little to respond to sexual assault accusations involving members of its vaunted football program. The document also suggested that some staff interfered with investigations and witnesses.

Baylor officials subsequently said the internal investigation found that 17 women had reported incidents of sexual and domestic violence involving 19 Baylor football players since 2011, including several cases that involved gang rapes.

The scandal led to the firing of football coach Art Briles, the resignation of the athletic directorand the firing of Baylor President Ken Starr . Texas lawmakers, meanwhile, began pushing for tougher sexual assault reporting requirements on college campuses and the NCAA launched its own investigation into the school. Several lawsuits have been filed by women who studied at Baylor and claimed attacks on them were mishandled or ignored. The university has settled a number of them.

Prosecutors, alumni and others have more broadly criticized the school for its response to assault allegations involving those outside the football program.

Good. Get it all out there and let the chips fall where they may.

Hope WT is ready and willing to ****can KB and Randy Clements if need be. This is bigger than football.

“Harbaugh’s finally found his offense!”

Haha... Pretty much what fans have been saying this spring... There are about 5 games that matter in the season... If Jim doesn't piss down his leg in those games, I will be shocked.

"We want to get our fullback on the field as much as possible"

Said nobody in college football since 1945.

:lol: you can post about random 3*'s committing to SC in here, but I can't post about the next Owen Marecic?

"We want to get our fullback on the field as much as possible"

Said nobody in college football since 1945.

He's going to be playing both ways this season, H-Back/short yardage back on offense and DE/DT on D.

Michigan isn't using a FB anymore.

The first 2 years, Jim used Houma, Kerridge and Hill very well... The last 2 years the offense had no idea how to use anybody... The lack of a good RB also doesn't help.

Back
Top Bottom