OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Crazy that we won this game with almost half of our starters out for various reasons.

The announcers were really pushing the Jake Fromm to the NFL narrative. I didn't really believe it but his post game press conference didn't sound like a guy who is coming back.

Last edited:
I don’t get the whole jake Fromm thing

but dude ain’t going in the 1st

this QB class is exactly why tua should just come out.. after burrow it’s gambling and will take time and development

plus you got some d3cent teams with older guys or even like say the titans who don’t know what they have in tannehill fully or even bears with Mitch, new coach in Washington.. GM with giants keeps Daniel Jones safe.. then you got jags and bucs that could also just take a guy if he’s there, dolphins have multiple 1sts.. gruden has 2 1sts and loves QBs

One of the classic cases of scouts overthinking for sure, tape don't lie. Kid can ball.

With Minnesota getting much more media coverage than they usually do, you'd hear a lot on the national broadcasts about Bateman moreso than Johnson. Noticed it in every game after September, pretty much. Bateman is a baller too, but completely overshadowed Johnson somehow. Probably didn't help. Not sure who choose those roster spots though. Just perception, really.

Crazy that we won this game with almost half of our starters out for various reasons.

The announcers were really pushing the Jake Fromm to the NFL narrative. I didn't really believe it but his post game press conference didn't sound like a guy who is coming back.

It isn’t really that crazy. Even if every starter on your roster sat out the game you’d still have 2x as many blue chip players as Baylor. They really shouldn’t have won 11 games this year. Rhule did a great job and they overachieved.

“It would take some major, major changes at USC for Meyer to ever be a viable candidate. People are starting to see that now. I think Fleck will be an easier sell for Bohn if Helton can't get on top of the schedule early. I've also heard Fleck sorta fits the algorithm, if you will. This is not me advocating or promoting the idea of USC hiring Fleck either. I just think his name will come up, especially if USC gets smashed against Alabama in Dallas.”

“USC could have hired Jack Del Rio three times over as a HC already.”

casper90403 casper90403 tupac003 tupac003

giphy.gif

man, if you're going to the Rose Bowl and buying beers at the game, you did a awful job tailgating prior. The tailgating experience at the Rose Bowl is practically second to none. You're parked on a golf course with fine women everywhere!! I'm barely functional by the time I'm walking into the stadium? Beer? Give me a water!!

“It would take some major, major changes at USC for Meyer to ever be a viable candidate. People are starting to see that now. I think Fleck will be an easier sell for Bohn if Helton can't get on top of the schedule early. I've also heard Fleck sorta fits the algorithm, if you will. This is not me advocating or promoting the idea of USC hiring Fleck either. I just think his name will come up, especially if USC gets smashed against Alabama in Dallas.”

giphy.gif

ROW THAT BOAT BABAAAAY

giphy.gif

I love everything about him. Why don't you like him much?

i go back and forth on what Fromm should do. If he stays, he won't improve. If he leaves, he has a small chance to land in the 1st but a great chance to be in the 2nd. Worst case, he's a 3rd rounder.

Georgias offense just isn't modern enough. I'm not a big fan of his and said Fields was better before Fields even threw a pass for UGA. But i think playing in Georgia's offense didn't really help him to be a high pick. Go pro, have a great pro day. His interviews will make teams fall in love with him. That will sucker someone into take him last 1st and groom him to be the next guy.

man, if you're going to the Rose Bowl and buying beers at the game, you did a awful job tailgating prior. The tailgating experience at the Rose Bowl is practically second to none. You're parked on a golf course with fine women everywhere!! I'm barely functional by the time I'm walking into the stadium? Beer? Give me a water!!

One of my big regrets from 2019 is that MVP MVP アミーゴ アミーゴ and I let ourselves get too banged up the night prior to tailgate with UF/UM "people" :'(

Does Fromm really have anything to gain from another year?

What's he really going to get better at that's going to boost his stock at all?

I love everything about him. Why don't you like him much?

He's even less of an x's and o's guy than Helton. He has the potential to be Dabo since he's a young rah rah motivator type but he has no discernible "system" or philosophy. His WMU teams (I admittedly only saw a couple of games but read up on them back then) and this Minn team seems to take on the personality of his coordinators and that can be great if he has good assistants and recruits like gangbusters, which he should be able to, but if the knocks on Helton are, "what exactly does he DO," and "his teams have no identity," Fleck will bring more of that.

Now again, Dabo has less to do with that Clemson Offensive/Defensive philosophy than Morris (and now Elliot) and Venables and no one cares because they're winning chips and the same would be true here if SC hired someone like Fleck. He'd also be able to hire better coordinators here than he could at WMU and Minn.

And before 651akathepaul 651akathepaul kills me for slandering his beloved Seattle Gophers, yes, I know, Minn has a system; they run a fast spread RPO heavy system that's tough to match up with and this may be Fleck's vision for his teams going forward.

Does Fromm really have anything to gain from another year?

What's he really going to get better at that's going to boost his stock at all?
If he has a Burrow type year. Burrow didn't get taller or faster and his arm didn't get stronger but he showed a huge improvement on accuracy and willingness to throw the deep balls (so I guess overall his decision making got better?)

If Fromm comes back and UGA starts taking tons of deep shots you'll here people give Fromm most of the credit.

I actually have some friends who are pretty down on Burrow. They think he's a generic, not overly athletic, decent armed QB who is benefiting from having a ton of elite receivers and a great offensive scheme. One of them compared it to Mariota's passing numbers at Oregon when his receivers were always wide the **** open or always making great plays for him.

I disagreed. I think Burrow's really good.

Back
Top Bottom