OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to tell y’all you overestimate Oregon and Phil.

Imagine being a coach at a P5 school and having to answer not just to school admins but a quick tempered and whimsical old man who thinks he owns you. Phil is Logan Roy :lol:

Oregon’s spoken to Dan Mullen and are trying to talk to Fickell and Campbell :lol:

Could just be due diligence but, hey.

Oregon’s spoken to Dan Mullen and are trying to talk to Fickell and Campbell :lol:

Could just be due diligence but, hey.

Would Campbell taking that job be crazy? The window for this team is closing, and the time to leave is probably now.

Unless Day leaves for the NFL I don’t think any of the Midwest powers are going to open up anytime soon. I don’t think PSU is going to be any good next year unless they get lucky with portal at QB, but Franklin is probably there for at least two more years.

Would Campbell taking that job be crazy? The window for this team is closing, and the time to leave is probably now.

Unless Day leaves for the NFL I don’t think any of the Midwest powers are going to open up anytime soon. I don’t think PSU is going to be any good next year unless they get lucky with portal at QB, but Franklin is probably there for at least two more years.
Penn State has their best recruiting class under Franklin coming in. They could be really good the next few years.

Campbell could take that job for sure. Despite what people try to represent he interviews for jobs. I just don’t know that Oregon is the job he leaves there for. I really do think it’s Ohio state, Notre Dame, or a handful of blue bloods (psst, usc) for him. Day entertained the Eagles job last year so him at OSU could end sooner than people realize. I also don’t think Iowa State will ever fire Campbell and if an AD is dumb enough to judge him off a rebuilding season or two there, then they’re probably not the AD he’d go to work for. He’d also mesh terribly with Phil Knight.

As long as you get your guy then in the end I guess it doesn’t matter, but this whole Cristobal/Manny/Miami thing dragging out all in public is a big yikes

And if it really is true that it is actually Miami folks essentially self sabotaging themselves then that is wild as well

Last edited:
So many big time jobs opening/getting new coaches, this is wild. The craziest part is half of them didn’t even have bad seasons where their coaches got fired

I’ve been praising Kittley to everyone who would listen. Baby Helton really didn’t match the offer to him huh?
Tech is home.

From Abilene. Started as a GA there under Kliff. Tight with Mahomes.

And I hadn’t realized this but apparently Ewers has some sort of mentor relationship with Pat, too.

If I'm him, I don't take that job. Oregon has a ceiling and it's not much higher than Ole Miss's. Plus if USC is truly fixed, their floor is going to be much lower than it has been the past decade.

What is Oregon’s ceiling though? They played for a Natty in 2014 and seem to constantly be a upset loss away from making the playoff. I’d rather coach in the PAC and only have to worry about USC opposed to Bama, LSU, etc.

What is Oregon’s ceiling though? They played for a Natty in 2014 and seem to constantly be a upset loss away from making the playoff. I’d rather coach in the PAC and only have to worry about USC opposed to Bama, LSU, etc.
Maybe Kiffin waits out FSU?
Or would he would to UCLA if Chip bounces?

Give me Uncle Phil all day. Dude, wants to win and is willing to drop the bag off to do so. What's wrong with that?

I could see Matt Campbell working at Oregon. He has to move on from ISU. He tried to push them past their collective ceiling this year and it didn't work. They are going to lose a ton of their starters this year. If I'm him I strike while the iron is hot.

CANNOT WAIT for that clown Dabo to fall on his face without Venables and, lord willing, Tony Elliot.

Can't ****ing wait! :lol:
DopeyPrestigiousAsiaticmouflon-max-1mb.gif

Oregon got Texas money. They can get whatever they want
But Texas got Texas money and can't get whatever they want. :lol:

I could see Campbell's schtick working at Oregon. Bigger gig with expectations but not blueblood win or die expectations.

I could also see Kiffin taking UCLA because he's just petty enough to be the guy that goes and tries to **** in the pool for USC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom