OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urban
dead (1).png

I said he might go, he might stay… Happy I got to see them get a dub vs the Buckeyes and a B1G chip… On to the next one

Overton might be headed to Texas A&M. Presumably, he was a heavy Georgia lien until very recently.

I really don't understand what Texas A&M's plan is to keep all of these five star defensive lineman happy. I expect a lot of attrition in the next year and a half.

Not trying to be a hater, I just look back to Georgia's 2018 class, which was one of the best ever at the time, and I look at the number of players who left the program (Justin Fields, Cade Mays, Brent Cox, Otis Reese) within the first year or two (to be fair, that senior group just won a national title lol). It will be interesting to see how Texas A&M handles things and how this class looks two or three years from now

People around A&M have felt strongly they could land him for months now. Like - almost acted like no doubts in their minds strongly.

Seems like they're going to land Shemar Stewart, too.

Just insane.

Was never a planet on which I ever thought they'd land a class where someone like Malik Sylla might be the SEVENTH BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN. And he's damned good.

Overton might be headed to Texas A&M. Presumably, he was a heavy Georgia lien until very recently.

I really don't understand what Texas A&M's plan is to keep all of these five star defensive lineman happy. I expect a lot of attrition in the next year and a half.

Not trying to be a hater, I just look back to Georgia's 2018 class, which was one of the best ever at the time, and I look at the number of players who left the program (Justin Fields, Cade Mays, Brent Cox, Otis Reese) within the first year or two (to be fair, that senior group just won a national title lol). It will be interesting to see how Texas A&M handles things and how this class looks two or three years from now

So of the guys you throw out as examples…1 guy was a QB who was labeled as a N word by the baseball team, and sat behind a **** QB, but presumably left because of the racism he faced…1 guy was a OL whose dad was looking for a payday after he “accidentally” chopped his finger off in a chair. 1 guy was a DB, and 1 guy was a DL who left among a really strong DL group that just won the title. But A&M is gonna have all of these DL leave because of how well we recruited that group this cycle, and based on how well Georgia recruited those years that saw 1 total guy leave.

Not saying we’re gonna win a title because of this group at all, but at least come up with competent and comparable arguments man. You had one effing DL leave.

Last edited:
So of the guys you throw out as examples…1 guy was a QB who was labeled as a N word by the baseball team, and sat behind a **** QB, but presumably left because of the racism he faced…1 guy was a OL whose dad was looking for a payday after he “accidentally” chopped his finger off in a chair. 1 guy was a DB, and 1 guy was a DL who left among a really strong DL group that just won the title. But A&M is gonna have all of these DL leave because of how well we recruited that group this cycle, and based on how well Georgia recruited those years that saw 1 total guy leave.

Not saying we’re gonna win a title because of this group at all, but at least come up with competent and comparable arguments man. You had one effing DL leave.

Calm down. I never said everyone is going to leave, I said it will be interesting to see if they can keep it together. Relax 🤣🤣🤣

You can look at the 2020 Bama class as well or any great recruiting class, they experience great attrition, especially when you stack up talent at one position group. Texas A&M will go through the same thing that UGA, Bama and Ohio State go through; They the top talent. Will duke it out in the spring and fall and those who lose position battles will transfer. I'm just interested to see how it all shakes out and to see how this class holds together and performs over the next two to three years. Like I told you, despite the attrition in the 2018 UGA class, the seniors still won a national title.

Calm down. I never said everyone is going to leave, I said it will be interesting to see if they can keep it together. Relax 🤣🤣🤣

You can look at the 2020 Bama class as well or any great recruiting class, they experience great attrition, especially when you stack up talent at one position group. Texas A&M will go through the same thing that UGA, Bama and Ohio State go through; They the top talent. Will duke it out in the spring and fall and those who lose position battles will transfer. I'm just interested to see how it all shakes out and to see how this class holds together and performs over the next two to three years. Like I told you, despite the attrition in the 2018 UGA class, the seniors still won a national title.

Based on what I came back at you with…“I expect a lot of attrition” and “I never said everyone would leave”, with the random list of players you laid out who left…try to come with something more substantial than me being sensitive.

It’s totally workable if Georgia recruits a lot of high level DL recruits - they’ll fall in line with their class. Clemson randomly recruits an elite DL class - no reaction. A&M does it, where the **** we getting the money? They must be brought down!

Based on what I came back at you with…“I expect a lot of attrition” and “I never said everyone would leave”, with the random list of players you laid out who left…try to come with something more substantial than me being sensitive.

It’s totally workable if Georgia recruits a lot of high level DL recruits - they’ll fall in line with their class. Clemson randomly recruits an elite DL class - no reaction. A&M does it, where the **** we getting the money? They must be brought down!

No one is trying to bring down Texas A&M and no one is accusing you guys of anything. Why are you trying to be a victim in this thread? It's bizarre. I literally said that you guys are paving the way to a national championship. I can tell you're not used to your team being good, this just comes with the territory.

Similar to how Ole Miss went from being an also-ran program to all of a sudden landing top players, what you guys are doing is going to draw attention. I'm not saying you guys are doing anything. Underhanded, you guys are just taking advantage of the rules as they are now, I'm just saying that it's going to draw attention because it's upsetting the natural order of recruiting in the SEC. This type of scrutiny comes with success. People said the same thing when Georgia went from recruiting at a 8-10 level under Mark Richt a top 3 under Kirby.

Last edited:

This is why I always think it's ridiculous that fans are so quick to call players disloyal when coaches literally leave under the cover of darkness and don't come back lol.

I've always held the opinion that players take their cues from the adults in the room. When they see their coaches leave for better opportunities (sometimes at rival schools), they think to themselves "why shouldn't I do the same?"

When they see coaches leave for new jobs before bowl games they think to themselves "If this game isn't important enough to coach, why is it important enough for me to play?" Remember that the coaches started opting out long before players did.

Happy Birthday MVP MVP you dried up miserable old coot.

I hope Russ goes for 50 in a 20 point lakers loss tonight, just for you! 🎉

Appreciate coach Harbaugh for a great run that ended with what we thought he would deliver. At the end of the day, the guy is an NFL coach. He came home a righted the ship and delivered a championship. Also, don't forget he got us in the jumpman and reconnected TB12 to the program. Jimmy Harbaugh my guy forever!

If Michigan isn’t immediately cutting a blank check to Fickell or Matt Campbell, they’re insane.

If Michigan isn’t immediately cutting a blank check to Fickell or Matt Campbell, they’re insane.
Was big on Campbell but the more I watched the more I thought "meh"... Still think he is a good coach but I don't know... Fickell, I would be okay with too... I really have no idea, in February, who they go after that would be a "splash"... The best part would be Jim bombing the interview, not getting the job and coming back to AA like "whats the big deal? Lets sign that contract" He is such a different cat

Love the Kevin Steele hire, BTW. Wanted Manny to hire him when he fired Blake Baker. Expecting to see an aggressive and disciplined defense, with a coach who will bend to the personnel he had and adjust gameplans for what opponents actually do. Guess there was a hitch with Doug Belk but Steele is way more proven.

Also sounds like Shemar is going to TAMU with a $1M+ NIL deal :lol:

Is there any reason to believe the handful of random twitter accounts who say Dave Aranda would never take the job?

He seems like a good coach.

Is there any reason to believe the handful of random twitter accounts who say Dave Aranda would never take the job?

He seems like a good coach.
He's a weird dude. And also VERY happy/comfortable at Baylor from everything I've heard.

He's a weird dude. And also VERY happy/comfortable at Baylor from everything I've heard.
Thats the main thing Michigan "insiders" have been saying... Would like for Michigan to hire him but Baylor looks like a great fit with Baylor... Not really an option

Oh come on Nick. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say maybe he didn't know it was happening but there have been too many dang Dodge chargers driven by his players for him not to take notice 🤣

Why do schools keep talking about NFL “salary caps” as proof for needing to regulate NIL but then clutch their pearls when the words employee and union are suggested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom