OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that the talent level will even allow for 8-4 records if the recruiting momentum continues over the next couple of years, barring something crazy

Georgia was the school where people would say " You have all that talent and you guys still haven't won anything", I'm glad to pass that on to Texas A&M. No more 1980 jokes, now. It's going to be 1939 jokes. I expect Texas A&M to improve though
It wasn't about the 1980. It was about how yappy their fans were despite that. #Dawgsontop #Bendtheknee

Jimbo wasn’t having the NIL **** on the CBS show.

:lol:

Talking about Saban advertising his QB made a milly. tOSU advertising they’re the highest value on an NIL per-player basis. Texas paying all their OL.

Mans pulled out everyone else’s laundry too :lol: :smh:

Jimbo wasn’t having the NIL **** on the CBS show.

:lol:

Talking about Saban advertising his QB made a milly. tOSU advertising they’re the highest value on an NIL per-player basis. Texas paying all their OL.

Mans pulled out everyone else’s laundry too :lol: :smh:

You can tell that Jimbo is legitimately sensitive about this. Coaches always pretend like they don't read the news or listen to any outside noise and Jimbo is out here pulling receipts. 🤣

Why doesn't he just lean into it? " Yes, we have a robust NIL program and it's been a huge boost for us this year". There's nothing wrong with owning up to it because he's not breaking any rules. He's just taking advantage of the new landscape

You can tell that Jimbo is legitimately sensitive about this. Coaches always pretend like they don't read the news or listen to any outside noise and Jimbo is out here pulling receipts. 🤣

Why doesn't he just lean into it? " Yes, we have a robust NIL program and it's been a huge boost for us this year". There's nothing wrong with owning up to it because he's not breaking any rules. He's just taking advantage of the new landscape
Eh - I get it to an extent.

Putting all the credit towards NIL discounts what he and his staff do. And these guys are all egomaniacs who want credit for everything.

He’s recruited at an elite level everyone he’s ever been so I’m sure he’s not having credit for that being taken away from him.

Boooooy I hadn't even listened to Jimbo's presser yet.

He's going at coaches throats for talking about NIL and A&M paying players. Hard. He's livid. :lol: :lol:

Calling out Saban for *****ing about the portal and NIL while taking more guys through the portal than anybody and talking about Bryce's NIL deals. Didn't name Lane, but obviously talking about him.

"I know how these guys recruit if we wanna play that game, come find me."

Very proud of Jimbo and agree with him. He is my coach and your LIFE COACH AS WELL.

I don't blame him. NIL isn't the only reason that they were able to land the class that they did. Having big time recruiters on the staff, including himself certainly played a major part.

.....but the NIL stuff certainly doesn't hurt :lol:

But hey, you get paid to get **** done and he got it done. On to the offseason

Boooooy I hadn't even listened to Jimbo's presser yet.

He's going at coaches throats for talking about NIL and A&M paying players. Hard. He's livid. :lol: :lol:

Calling out Saban for *****ing about the portal and NIL while taking more guys through the portal than anybody and talking about Bryce's NIL deals. Didn't name Lane, but obviously talking about him.

"I know how these guys recruit if we wanna play that game, come find me."

Just don't Hugh Freeze yourself Jimbo. Don't fly too close to the sun.

This is exactly what I was thinking. No need to poke the bear or call out. Nick Saban. Just take the W and keep it moving. Hugh freeze had that same " come at me bro" energy and it blew up in his face. I'm not saying Texas A&M is doing anything illegal but there is no need to make yourself the villain within the conference. If you're going to ask the other 13 SEC schools to dig, they will find something.
I don't blame him. NIL isn't the only reason that they were able to land the class that they did. Having big time recruiters on the staff, including himself certainly played a major part.

.....but the NIL stuff certainly doesn't hurt :lol:

But hey, you get paid to get **** done and he got it done.

Nil is 100% the reason why they had this type of recruiting class and that's perfectly fine. They've always recruited at a top 10 level under Jimbo but going from top 10 to the best recruiting class ever is a huge jump and it's going to turn heads and it's not a coincidence. They have this type of success in the first year of NIL. Jimbo just needs to keep it moving as opposed to antagonizing other coaches.

Last edited:
100% of the reason is a bit much
Absolutely. Like Jimbo hasn't always been an elite recruiter. :lol:

NIL is a factor without a doubt. But this class is a combination of a lot of stuff... A historically strong Houston batch of kids - of which they won damned near all of them. Really good team last year that showcased what they can do when they have their guys in the system. Stadiums opening back up showcased to this class how special that atmosphere can be for game day - especially given every major OOS kid they landed was at that Bama game.

There's not a better recruiter as an assistant coach anywhere in America than Elijah Robinson. I'd put him up against anyone.
Coley's always been an elite recruiter.
Jimbo's track record is what it is.

It's a culmination of a lot of stuff. Did NIL help? Yeah, probably. But they're not the only ones using it. Every major program that's recruited at a high level recently is pitching and selling their NIL deals/opportunities a hell of a lot louder than A&M has been.

“Ballgames changin, and it ain’t because of NIL”

What is it then? :lol:
Jimbo's pissed and he's coming.

Just might be with the 1940s Cadillac of an offense attached to his hip.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom