OFFICIAL 2021-2022 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT

I feel like a lot of people opining on the LSU job don't understand the politics of that gig, between boosters and state government. It's an underrated job, but people are kidding themselves if they think it's better than Georgia, USC, or Texas. Bo says a lot of things and a lot are correct, but he's not a college football writer. (Yes I know he's a Texas fan/homer.)

You realize the LSU boosters were going to fire Coach O the season he won, right? And despite being on a path to CFP championship all of his assistants were openly trying to abandon ship. Go look at the 2018 and 2019 thread here and the stuff I was posting about O's security and Aranda.

A lot of coaches are going to use USC to get more money...

This is going to take longer than some folks think and a lot of the USC fan base (Hate to say this) believe we can get any coach we want and that's just not true.

Didn’t get to see the osu game was on a flight to KC.
Saw bae tho.

Attachments

• 078274B0-9238-4493-A446-1E32416A7A7D.jpeg
    078274B0-9238-4493-A446-1E32416A7A7D.jpeg
    371 KB · Views: 424
The LSU job has surpassed the Texas job at this point, both jobs entail all the politics & booster bull****. I think it's shown if you can find a QB everything else is pretty much in place to win.

Top 5 jobs IMO

1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. Alabama
4. LSU
5. Georgia
6. USC

Bomani is tripping. Alabama is a great job. Not only do they have incredible history and winning on their side, they have a gigantic fan base and administration that provides almost unlimited resources. They had 10 national championships before Nick Saban ever got there. The only knock is that the state of Alabama isn't talent rich.

I do think that people generally do a poor job of separating the job from the current coach. For example, I don't think Clemson is one of the top 20 jobs in the nation but Dabo has turned them into a championship program.

Bomani doesn’t know anything about football.

I can’t imagine you guys would be happy with that hire.
The SC AD and chief of staff were high on him in 2019 but most people at USC are not. Insiders have mentioned the last 3 years that when Fleck is brought up everyone rolls their eyes.

I think he’s like Justin Fuente in 2015: a guy who openly wants the job and campaigns for it but is never seriously given a chance.

According to Bruce Feldman and the Athletic, a poll of coaches says the 5 best jobs in order are:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio state
3. Georgia
4. Texas
5. LSU

Damn I gotta save Dre’s bday in the calendar now that he’s got me blocked on Facebook.

Happy Birthday! May your seminoles and knicks flourish this year.

Lmao, I don't think I've ever blocked anyone (at least non bot) on FB

And yes, I hope that Seminoles Softball flourishes again this season 🙏

EDIT

I feel like a lot of people opining on the LSU job don't understand the politics of that gig, between boosters and state government. It's an underrated job, but people are kidding themselves if they think it's better than Georgia, USC, or Texas. Bo says a lot of things and a lot are correct, but he's not a college football writer. (Yes I know he's a Texas fan/homer.)

You realize the LSU boosters were going to fire Coach O the season he won, right? And despite being on a path to CFP championship all of his assistants were openly trying to abandon ship. Go look at the 2018 and 2019 thread here and the stuff I was posting about O's security and Aranda.
They were ready to fire O because he sucks. :lol:

I don’t know a ton about USC’s situation other than the obvious stuff that’s around every time their coaching gig gets brought up - but for all the BS you deal with at LSU, it’s still not close to Texas.

Texas is the messiest booster/admins/political ****storm in this part of the country and it’s not close.

LSU has every advantage UGA, USC and Texas have and they haven’t been bad for like 20+ years now despite all the mess around that program.

They were ready to fire O because he sucks. :lol:

I don’t know a ton about USC’s situation other than the obvious stuff that’s around every time their coaching gig gets brought up - but for all the BS you deal with at LSU, it’s still not close to Texas.

Texas is the messiest booster/admins/political ****storm in this part of the country and it’s not close.

LSU has every advantage UGA, USC and Texas have and they haven’t been bad for like 20+ years now despite all the mess around that program.
I mean LSU has had its lion’s share of 8 win seasons and went 5-5 last year. Being “bad” is relative but they have 2 double figure win seasons in the last 8 years. Coaches at all of those other schools have been fired for less.

Could y’all imagine if LSU could consistently recruit a good QB?

Obviously he had tons of talent around him but their one season with Burrow was just ridiculous. Wouldn’t be like that every year of course but I think they’d compete with Bama a lot more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom