OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prime's really got all these SWAC coaches in their feelings man :lol:
Long post so bare with me as a try not to skip over anything LOL

Hold on now... I can't let you say that because most of the SWAC coaches have respect for Coach Prime. Bama State coach is the only one I've seen come out and say he has no respect for him. That's why you see Prime constantly big up Hue Jackson at Grambling State, Dancy at Mississippi Valley State & McNair at Alcorn State. They all love the fact that he's created a way for them to shine more light on the conference & voice their opinions on how the conference can become better.

With that being said, this negative energy between both JSU and Bama State has been brewing all week if you pay attention to SWAC ball. Coach Prime calling this a "money game" kind of set it off by making it seem like Bama State wasn't nowhere near JSUs level which we saw wasn't true since the game was close. Plus he made it seem as if Bama State didn't have the ability to fill up their own stadium even though it was a homecoming game. Then for him to walk through Bama States warm-ups while mic'd up also made it seem like was trying to start some ish for content to post on social media.
Bama State takes blame for the fact that there's videos of the players not only cussing out Prime but also being disrespectful to the female trainers.

As far as Robinsons "Prime isn't swac" comment... I feel that was all in fun. Asking somebody what their "SWAC Hours" look like has been a tradition since I first attended Mississippi Valley back in 2008. If somebody is talking ish about any aspect of the SWAC, the first thing a SWAC supporter will ask them is "How many SWAC hours do you have?" meaning how many credit hours or degrees have you completed from a SWAC school. (for example my SWAC hours include 4 years from MVSU 2008-2012 no degree & JSU 2020-present working on finishing my degree).

THEE I LOVE!!!

Going to be interesting to see what Rhule does next...

He wanted the NFL. But he's not getting another head gig any time soon. Can't imagine he just wants to go coach someone's offensive line.

But these guys have to stop taking jobs without established quarterbacks or clear, immediate paths to star quarterbacks at the top of the draft.

Hold on now... I can't let you say that because most of the SWAC coaches have respect for Coach Prime. Bama State coach is the only one I've seen come out and say he has no respect for him. That's why you see Prime constantly big up Hue Jackson at Grambling State, Dancy at Mississippi Valley State & McNair at Alcorn State. They all love the fact that he's created a way for them to shine more light on the conference & voice their opinions on how the conference can become better.

With that being said, this negative energy between both JSU and Bama State has been brewing all week if you pay attention to SWAC ball. Coach Prime calling this a "money game" kind of set it off by making it seem like Bama State wasn't nowhere near JSUs level which we saw wasn't true since the game was close. Plus he made it seem as if Bama State didn't have the ability to fill up their own stadium even though it was a homecoming game. Then for him to walk through Bama States warm-ups while mic'd up also made it seem like was trying to start some ish for content to post on social media.
Bama State takes blame for the fact that there's videos of the players not only cussing out Prime but also being disrespectful to the female trainers.

As far as Robinsons "Prime isn't swac" comment... I feel that was all in fun. Asking somebody what their "SWAC Hours" look like has been a tradition since I first attended Mississippi Valley back in 2008. If somebody is talking ish about any aspect of the SWAC, the first thing a SWAC supporter will ask them is "How many SWAC hours do you have?" meaning how many credit hours or degrees have you completed from a SWAC school. (for example my SWAC hours include 4 years from MVSU 2008-2012 no degree & JSU 2020-present working on finishing my degree).

THEE I LOVE!!!
Yeah I was gonna say I've heard Hue and Eddie George show love to Deion.

Going to be interesting to see what Rhule does next...

He wanted the NFL. But he's not getting another head gig any time soon. Can't imagine he just wants to go coach someone's offensive line.

But these guys have to stop taking jobs without established quarterbacks or clear, immediate paths to star quarterbacks at the top of the draft.
Dig through last year's thread and you'll see where I mention his agent was reaching out regarding a couple of the open jobs. USC was actively backchanneling him but he pulled out of all of that when it became apparent the Panthers were going to give him another year.

He knows he has to go back to college and tbh it's a better fit for him. ASU will go after him aggressively as will Nebraska. I think Wisconsin promotes Leonhard.

Idk that Auburn goes after another yankee when that job inevitably comes open.

If you're Wisky do you opt for Leonhard over Rhule, knowing Rhule's success as a HC, if Rhule is actually a possibility?

If you're Wisky do you opt for Leonhard over Rhule, knowing Rhule's success as a HC, if Rhule is actually a possibility?

I think they want to promote Leonhard, but I think he’s going to need to at least win 4 more games down the stretch. They played well yesterday but NW is awful.

I don’t think 4-3 gets him that job.

Listening to SZD, two things on the Alabama play:

1. The Bama corner said he looked over and could see Jimbo mouthing “Evan, Evan, Evan!” to King?:lol:

2. Manziel and Mond fighting ovr whether it was a good play or not is hilarious. I’m guessing you already knew this but Mond said they ran the same play in 2018 but the timing was just off on this one N41D N41D

Listening to SZD, two things on the Alabama play:

1. The Bama corner said he looked over and could see Jimbo mouthing “Evan, Evan, Evan!” to King?:lol:

2. Manziel and Mond fighting ovr whether it was a good play or not is hilarious. I’m guessing you already knew this but Mond said they ran the same play in 2018 but the timing was just off on this one N41D N41D
Everyone in the stadium knew where they were going if it was a pass play anyways. Evan had like 19 targets LMAO They were going at Arnold most of the night.

I think it's clear the timing was off. Johnny hates the play call because it's not something he could ever execute, either.

It's just a bad play call with King at quarterback. He knew where he was going. Bama knew where he was going. Evan came off his break and had a split second where he was open. If the ball's there he either scores of maybe gets a PI call. But the ball wasn't there and the late throw would've pulled him out of the end zone anyways.

It's just a flat out can't hesitate gotta throw it on the back shoulder and live with the results play. And Haynes hesitated. Is what it is.

THEE I LOVE!!!

Excellent breakdown, thanks my friend

I'm still holding out hope Nebraska throws the entire bank at Aranda. That just feels like the right blue collar program for him.

Baylor can take Rhule back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom