OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
nako xl nako xl Why we outchea comparing what happened to USC to lynchings?

1659541387351.jpeg

Attachments

• 1659541246958.jpeg
    1659541246958.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 88
nako xl nako xl Why we outchea comparing what happened to USC to lynchings?

1659541387351.jpeg

1. I know you wouldn’t know better but most of us have had that dude on ignore for at least a year. He’s some banned trolls backup burner. He looks to be making more sense lately though so let me take him off my ignore list.

2. What’s your username on there? 👀

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne is the QB spot JJ’s to lose?

I think coming out of the spring Cade still had a handle of the job. I think JJ is eventually going to take it, but Cade will probably be the starter game one and will be given every opportunity.

I think most people are expecting a scenario where they are down against a PSU or MSU and JJ comes in and takes the job for good.

Donell Harris medically retired .... :smh:

A&M moved Dameyune Craig off receivers and over to Jimbo’s assistant QB coach. Thank God.

G5 Conference Winners

MAC: Toldeo
Sunbelt: App St
CUSA: UAB
MWC: Utah St
AAC: Cincinnati

Power 5 Conference Winners

Champ game participant 1: Utah
Champ game participant 2: USC
Pac-12 Champ: USC

SEC E: UGA
SEC W: Alabama
SEC Champ: Alabama

B1G E: OSU
B1G W: Nebraska
B1G Champ: OSU

ACC C: Miami
ACC A: Clemson
ACC Champ: Clemson

Big XII: Oklahoma

Playoff Teams

1. OSU
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Clemson

NC: Alabama

Heisman Trophy Finalists

#1 Bryce Young QB Alabama
#2 CJ Stroud QB OSU
#3 JT Daniels QB WVU
#4 Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama

USC’s record: 9-3

nako xl nako xl

You believer in Nebraska like that?

I’m with you that they’ll be better, and they were probably better than their record last season, but Wisco seemed to find their groove toward the end of the season last year despite Mertz being trash.

nako xl nako xl

You believer in Nebraska like that?

I’m with you that they’ll be better, and they were probably better than their record last season, but Wisco seemed to find their groove toward the end of the season last year despite Mertz being trash.
I just think Mertz is so trash and the rest of the division is so meh that in a save his job season, and with an absolute cupcake schedule outside of 3 games, Frost could pull out 8-4 (maybe even 9-3) and that’ll be enough to win the division.

It’s gonna be hilarious when that 4th loss is to Clay Helton and Georgia Southern though 😂

I dunno why Jimbo got dubbed the QB Whisperer, but turning EJ Manuel and Christian Ponder into first rounders was a work of art. Lincoln’s been incredible with Baker, Jalen, and Kyler…but what happened with his first fully-developed project (Rattler)?

But are we really just gonna act like USC is some breeding ground for successful NFL QBs? First rounders or not, neither school has had huge success pumping out NFL stars at the position.

I missed this in the last thread so I’ll address it here:
Jimbo is seen as a QB whisperer partly because of what he did with Matt Mauck (who went 7th round), Ponder, Manuel, Jameis and Mond.

But Ponder was 6’2”, and EJ was 6’4”. Each had one good season and jumped right after and each benefited from the NFL’s tendency to draft on measurables and potential. He’s never really unlocked a QBs full potential outside of Jameis who won the Heisman and a NC.

Comparatively, in a 5 year span, Lincoln had 2 Heisman winners, 2 first round picks and a 2nd rounder that most were saying 1. Wouldn’t be drafted, and 2. Would have to switch positions to make it in the NFL.

Every NFL QB Lincoln coached at OU is an NFL starter. Say what you want but that’s an absurd stat. And check my post history, I was saying that about him even before he moved to SC.

There’s also this dumb argument that Rattler is his first REAL project and he had these finished products for the entire time. Baker and Kyler left their respective schools after 1 season and after they’d effectively lost the QB competitions there. Lincoln worked with each of them for 3 years prior to their winning the Heisman. He developed them. Jalen had played 3 years at Bama so for sure he was more of a finished product but he also never put up numbers at Bama anywhere close to what he achieved across the board at OU. There’s absolutely no question Lincoln polished him, but you could even argue he leveled up once a hood QB coach got their hands on him.

7773D451-0C8F-4C7C-BEB9-A410387D087A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom