OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

This was my fit when the navys first came out😂

1666229715501.png

That’s one of very few navy shoes I’ve ever liked in my life. I didn’t get em during the first release because i detested wearing blue at the time.
Lmao 🤦🏽‍♂️

At least you had the option to wear blue during this time when you wanted to. When these released during my time in high school, they wouldn't allow shades of and the actual colors of red and blue because of the history of gang activity. Somehow, my class and the following classes changed the school around and now it's one of the toughest public schools to get into academically. I don't know how a few folks got away with wearing the black/red LBJ 2s and the white/navys. Then again, i kinda got away wearing the black/red Vick 2s hahaha.

Never referred to navy 2's as USA's...

Yeah this is a Cavs alternate colorway. That navy, red and gold was niiiice.

Lebron wore the 2s in the olympics but I'm pretty sure the AZG low was the designated olympic colorway for 2004. Crazy to think back to a time when a signature sneaker only had a few colorways

Never referred to navy 2's as USA's...
Considering the Olympic run he wore them in kicked off the Bronze Age for the USA Men’s team, I don’t know anybody even looking to call them that at the time they originally came out :lol:
And I believe the cavs were wearing navy at the time.

Let’s remember, shoes back in the day didn’t have nicknames attached to every pair. We called them by what they were..in this case they were the white/navy. The black/red were literally called the black/red, etc.. only the AJ line was able to call their black/red cw releases “breds”.

At least you had the option to wear blue during this time when you wanted to. When these released during my time in high school, they wouldn't allow shades of and the actual colors of red and blue because of the history of gang activity. Somehow, my class and the following classes changed the school around and now it's one of the toughest public schools to get into academically. I don't know how a few folks got away with wearing the black/red LBJ 2s and the white/navys. Then again, i kinda got away wearing the black/red Vick 2s hahaha.

Yeah this is a Cavs alternate colorway. That navy, red and gold was niiiice.

I went to a “traditional” high school which meant “advanced curriculum”. It also means we had a freakin 50s-60s school dress code—uniforms, hair/facial hair requirements, all that good stuff (face palm i know). Shoes were the only exception in which we could wear whatever closed toe shoe we wanted so that was my way of standing out.

how are they performing? I liked these a ton as a kid but i'm not sure if they'll still work with me after several knee/ankle injuries?

With the knee / ankle work I’d guess your looking for cushioning, support, and stability…This is that shoe…I’ve got bad knees and don’t play as regularly, or as heavy as I use to play but I’d comfortably put these right up there against any modern court shoes…They were made to support Lebron at a point in his career when he was loaded with muscle and still high flying and explosive in his approach…

Great cushioning with what is essentially full length zoom…Technically it’s two separate bags in the forefoot and heel, but they’re huge and super responsive once you get them broken in…It’s about as close to full zoom as you’ll get without actually having full zoom…Bottom loaded and caged so it’ll take a little wear to get the full feel but once it does they feel great…

Lock down on these is next level…They really do hug your foot…Once you get them where you want them they give tons of support and keeps you super stable…

The only real drawback would be the weight…If your use to playing in lighter stuff then you’ll notice these for sure…No doubt you’d get acclimated to them though and the positives far outweigh the negative…

should I return my maccabi's and see if they're going to go on discount?
I wouldn’t.

You have a pair secured so just keep an eye out for discounts. Worst case you don’t want to have returned your pair now and then if/when prices drop find out that your size is gone. I learned that the hard way with the Big Bang 9’s.

You can either price match or return your original pair then.

Someone accepted my offer for a size 9 at $140. Should've went lower smh. Didn't want to order from Nike bc I figured Goat has a better chance of catching an upside down Bron logo.

Back
Top Bottom