OFFICIAL 2022 LeBron 2 Retro Post: FINALLY

went with half size up in case i end up balling in these, but they do seem smaller. 10.5 AZG2 vs 10 AM97 heel to toe is about same length.

Yeah I went with my usual size 10 and they are very tight on the width. Gave them one last try today but the pinky pain is too much. Returning them later this week. I have too many shoes to be balling in pain. I feel like retros are coming smaller and narrower than the OGs across the board.

Attachments

• 278F4D15-003F-4257-9951-4EAB1C490EC2.jpeg
    278F4D15-003F-4257-9951-4EAB1C490EC2.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 365
1212theory 1212theory , we need the Dunkman version in your avatar!
agree with you there man. had this in my avi since the beginning of this handle lol. Not sure if it was mentioned here, but I had a chance to checkout a pair in hand at RIFLA years ago, and definitely thought they were *edit* NOT *edit* worth $2K or $5K or whatever it was they were asking for lol. If for $200 and a GR, I'm sold. we can only wish at this point it seems ahh..

Yeah I went with my usual size 10 and they are very tight on the width. Gave them one last try today but the pinky pain is too much. Returning them later this week. I have too many shoes to be balling in pain. I feel like retros are coming smaller and narrower than the OGs across the board.
agree with you there, not sure what it is with Nike - maybe changing factories all the time or something. Given their history with always messing with something like height of panels etc, I guess this is normal with Nike these days

Last edited:
agree with you there man. had this in my avi since the beginning of this handle lol. Not sure if it was mentioned here, but I had a chance to checkout a pair in hand at RIFLA years ago, and definitely thought they were worth $2K or $5K or whatever it was they were asking for lol. If for $200 and a GR, I'm sold. we can only wish at this point it seems ahh..

agree with you there, not sure what it is with Nike - maybe changing factories all the time or something. Given their history with always messing with something like height of panels etc, I guess this is normal with Nike these days

They look like size 8s on my feet smh 😂

I wear a size 9 in the Lebron XVs and XXs but a 9.5 in the Lebron XVIs. I got these in a 9.5 and they are wearable but wish I went with a 10 for causal wear. My feet aren’t even that wide, I think Nike beefed up the insole and it messed with the fit

Got a pair of USA’s coming in next week, I’ll compare sizing of the two pairs and see if I notice anything different.

Here’s a comp pic of the 2’s and 20’s… You can see just how wider the 20’s are in the forefoot area
DE7E4EF0-1649-4C2F-9D54-E715773FB0D5.jpeg

Overall I don’t mind it too much I do use Gameday insoles a lot with my kicks, can’t remember if I had them in or not the day my feet were hurting in these. Normally I don’t really have discomfort though

I just got the Maccabi's for hoops. They feel ok on feet but I think Nike either skipped the Zoom Air in these or its a version that is really stiff. I took out the insoles and could not see or feel the units like other Zoom based hoops shoes. Anyone know if these have Zoom?

I just got the Maccabi's for hoops. They feel ok on feet but I think Nike either skipped the Zoom Air in these or its a version that is really stiff. I took out the insoles and could not see or feel the units like other Zoom based hoops shoes. Anyone know if these have Zoom?
Yes forefoot and heel Zoom.

Starts out stiff takes a few wears to soften up the midfoot cushion and then you can really feel it in the forefoot. Heel unit is pretty plush out the box

Got a pair of USA’s coming in next week, I’ll compare sizing of the two pairs and see if I notice anything different.

Here’s a comp pic of the 2’s and 20’s… You can see just how wider the 20’s are in the forefoot area
DE7E4EF0-1649-4C2F-9D54-E715773FB0D5.jpeg

Overall I don’t mind it too much I do use Gameday insoles a lot with my kicks, can’t remember if I had them in or not the day my feet were hurting in these. Normally I don’t really have discomfort though

Damn no wonder they hurt my feet. The 20 is already a pretty snug fit on me width wise.

one thing about these is that the originals felt more forgiving and almost hugged your feet.

The mesh is about the same stiffness but the leather on these are stiff and they seem to be a tad bit narrower in the toe box. currently sitting in the home office and wife is smh at me lol, but "it's sizing for the boys..." Going to see if wearing them around the house breaks them a bit.

Last edited:
Dunkmans get a lot of deserved love. Anyone else feel the same way about SVSM?
one thing about these is that the originals felt more forgiving and almost hugged your feet.

The mesh is about the same stiffness but the leather on these are stiff and they seem to be a tad bit narrower in the toe box. currently sitting in the home office and wife is smh at me lol, but "it's sizing for the boys..." Going to see if wearing them around the house breaks them a bit.

leather breaks in a little with more wear. been using them in the gym several times a week. but not as soft as the og version and probably won't get there. found my og straps last week and the leather is just nicer.

Well damn, Nike would only give me $99 store credit for the 2s without receipt. I got the full $200 for a pair of lebron 20s I got off stock x when ndc was out of stock last time.
I think they’re doing lowest price point minus and additional amount too…not sure..could be the store manager too. A few months ago I tried returning something but couldn’t find my email confirmation and they couldn’t find it on my app. They offered me like $40, when it was still available on NDC for $55. I decided and found the email and got the original amount. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well damn, Nike would only give me $99 store credit for the 2s without receipt. I got the full $200 for a pair of lebron 20s I got off stock x when ndc was out of stock
I think they’re doing lowest price point minus and additional amount too…not sure..could be the store manager too. A few months ago I tried returning something but couldn’t find my email confirmation and they couldn’t find it on my app. They offered me like $40, when it was still available on NDC for $55. I decided and found the email and got the original amount. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Decided to exchange it for 10.5. Its priced at $168 in store right now.

Toe box definitely seems more narrow to me as well. Managed to exchange my used size 10 for a new 10.5. Gonna try them on at home and figure out if I want to try wearing them or just sell em.

I wear a size 9 in the Lebron XVs and XXs but a 9.5 in the Lebron XVIs. I got these in a 9.5 and they are wearable but wish I went with a 10 for causal wear. My feet aren’t even that wide, I think Nike beefed up the insole and it messed with the fit
The insole is definitely thicker and premium feeling. I didn’t try swapping them out for thinner ones. I kinda like keeping the default insoles esp when they are nice ones. Subbing in some thin crappy ones to improve the fit seems like a cop out haha.

Just tried on the 10.5 at home and it feels way better. Right out of the box it’s snug but not painful on the pinkies like the 10 was. Should improve more with some break in time.

If your feet are even the slightest bit wide I would caution you to try the shoes on before buying. This shoe fits a bit tight width wise and I think it’s due to the thicker premium insole on this retro.

They also no longer look toddler sized on my feet, lol.

Attachments

• 759C0D3A-DCB9-4B60-B3A6-574D6AEAA408.jpeg
    759C0D3A-DCB9-4B60-B3A6-574D6AEAA408.jpeg
    311.7 KB · Views: 1,297
Finally got my pair in…tried them on and I can see why people would want to .5 up. I have normal to narrow feet and they fit me snug but I think they’ll break in well. The strap feels like an overkill, if I were to hoop in them, might even dig into my feet, but idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

Finally got my pair in…tried them on and I can see why people would want to .5 up. I have normal to narrow feet and they fit me snug but I think they’ll break in well. The strap feels like an overkill, if I were to hoop in them, might even dig into my feet, but idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think they used a thicker premium insole which makes the fit a little tight. Kind of wish I tried a thinner insole before exchanging for bigger size. I did try wearing the shoe without any insole and it fit a lot better.

I normally wear orthotics/after market insoles in all my shoes which definitely improves the fit.

Not 100% sure but I believe I must have put the factory joints back in the time I experienced that discomfort.

I normally wear orthotics/after market insoles in all my shoes which definitely improves the fit.

Not 100% sure but I believe I must have put the factory joints back in the time I experienced that discomfort.
That makes a lot of sense. The factory ones are really nice and thick. I’m guessing retros are more meant for a lifestyle shoe, but we are all hoops heads here and want to rock them on court haha.

Back
Top Bottom