OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Players can’t be sanctioned for tampering.
You have to be real sloppy to get caught with tampering. NCAA doesn’t even want to enforce it. This is more about Deion not being prepared to run a big program than anything IMO. The glitz and glamor wore off and the operation is looking funny.

I was on the side of thinking Deion would figure it out and find some success...

But we're into Year 2 and he's got zero recruiting momentum, he isn't crushing the portal, he's openly admitted he's not interested in visiting high school recruits homes or schools... He just lost the best HS recruit he's landed to date with Colorado to the portal.

**** ain't sweet right now no matter how you feel about dude.

To be fair, last year's luggage might not have been LV, seems like it was probably Samsonite

Are you black ?
Even if he is...He could be one of those Whitlock fellows like dacomeup dacomeup

giphy.gif

and I thought witnesskb24 witnesskb24 looked like Craig Krenzel this whole time. My bad

I think we (the regulars, not casuals like yourself) all established out ethnicities a while back. One parent black, one parent mixed (white and black)

So again, explain to me how that’s working.

I’m sure you were wanting me to say I’m white so “I wouldn’t understand” or “you’re a racist hater”

I’ll wait
Ok makes sense. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t one of those MAGA college football fans hating on Deion. Let’s not forget that he took over a historically bad program that no one cared about and won 4 games and gained the nation’s attention. Selling out games, merch sales etc. Deion is winning and will continue to win w this program on and off the field.

You have to be real sloppy to get caught with tampering. NCAA doesn’t even want to enforce it. This is more about Deion not being prepared to run a big program than anything IMO. The glitz and glamor wore off and the operation is looking funny.
Not really. The program is already better off now than before Deion took over. Let’s not act like Deion took over a winning program. He’s basically rebuilding a program, which often takes years and you guys are judging him off of one year’s results. This isn’t fair.

Not really. The program is already better off now than before Deion took over. Let’s not act like Deion took over a winning program. He’s basically rebuilding a program, which often takes years and you guys are judging him off of one year’s results. This isn’t fair.
What does him not taking over a winning program have to do with having the baseline of a recruiting operation set up? Why in year 2 are his sons acting as online recruiting coordinators for the portal? Literally nothing you said excuses that.

What does him not taking over a winning program have to do with having the baseline of a recruiting operation set up? Why in year 2 are his sons acting as online recruiting coordinators for the portal? Literally nothing you said excuses that.
What happens if he’s successful w his strategies and he brings in more Louie? I think it’s too early to critique his recruiting techniques.

If I’m rebuilding a program, I’m banging down every door everywhere that’ll let me inside looking for talent.

Deion ain’t doing that right now. He’s not even doing the minimum right now.
I don’t think he has to because he’s Deion.

What happens if he’s successful w his strategies and he brings in more Louie? I think it’s too early to critique his recruiting techniques.
If he’s successful with a strategy that isn’t resulting by in high impact transfers or blue chip HS talent ending up on the roster? Sure :lol:

I don’t think he has to because he’s Deion.
Where's the momentum? Where's the influx of talent through the portal outside his kid and Travis? He got a lot of hype of beating an awful TCU team, then the rest of the season popped off like a fart in the breeze.

"He's Deion" works great when you're at Jackson State and can basically turn your program into just taking all the kids that have washed out of D1 opportunities.

"He's Deion" ain't really getting attention where it matters right now. You gotta go do the ****in work, man.

You're not gonna rebuild a Division 1 football program as bad as Colorado has been, with no real local talent pool to draw from, that's getting left out in the cold of conference realignment by being Deion. You gotta get your hands in the dirt and grind.

I think he's entirely capable of doing the work and capitalizing off being Deion ... But he's gotta show he wants to go do it. "Parents dont want me in their house" was... concerning. At best.

Regardless of if they have any on field success at all, simply hiring coach Prime has made the Colorado program better off because of the media exposure, increase in applications to the university and Coach Prime's popularity helping Colorado land in the Big 12 instead of potentially being stranded like Oregon State and Washington State. It's already a win off the field but I'm talking about winning on the field.

Everyone in this thread is what I was consider a hardcore college football fan and we all know that rebuilding one of the worst programs in P5 would take many years. Almost everyone in this thread also said that Coach Prime put a target on his back by putting such high expectations on his team in year one (and he is still doing this again in year two)

Coach Prime isn't conducting himself like a coach who plans on being at Colorado after his sons and Travis Hunter leaves. You can't build a program based off of transfers. Successful programs use transfers to supplement their current roster. This is going into Coach Prime's third recruiting class and he still doesn't recruit high school kids at all. It's not sustainable.

Back
Top Bottom