OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t think he has to because he’s Deion.

What would lead you to believe this other than blind hope? The most successful coaches in history are maniacal recruiters. Thinking that Coach Prime is so famous that he can simply use name recognition to pull in top recruits doesn't make sense and it hasn't panned out that way.

What would lead you to believe this other than blind hope? The most successful coaches in history are maniacal recruiters. Thinking that Coach Prime is so famous that he can simply use name recognition to pull in top recruits doesn't make sense and it hasn't panned out that way.
Things are different nowadays in this NIl/transfer portal era. If you got enough clout w the young kids like Prime, you can build a team overnight through the portal. Prime busy in the portal right now. Wait and see.

What does him not taking over a winning program have to do with having the baseline of a recruiting operation set up? Why in year 2 are his sons acting as online recruiting coordinators for the portal? Literally nothing you said excuses that.
He’s doing things his way in this NIL/ Transfer Portal era. Like Prime always says, you know where to find him.

If I’m rebuilding a program, I’m banging down every door everywhere that’ll let me inside looking for talent.

Deion ain’t doing that right now. He’s not even doing the minimum right now.
There’s only one coach prime.

Regardless of if they have any on field success at all, simply hiring coach Prime has made the Colorado program better off because of the media exposure, increase in applications to the university and Coach Prime's popularity helping Colorado land in the Big 12 instead of potentially being stranded like Oregon State and Washington State. It's already a win off the field but I'm talking about winning on the field.

Everyone in this thread is what I was consider a hardcore college football fan and we all know that rebuilding one of the worst programs in P5 would take many years. Almost everyone in this thread also said that Coach Prime put a target on his back by putting such high expectations on his team in year one (and he is still doing this again in year two)

Coach Prime isn't conducting himself like a coach who plans on being at Colorado after his sons and Travis Hunter leaves. You can't build a program based off of transfers. Successful programs use transfers to supplement their current roster. This is going into Coach Prime's third recruiting class and he still doesn't recruit high school kids at all. It's not sustainable.

Great points. You pretty much stated how I feel about Deion’s impact being bigger than Wins and losses and the number of five star prospects he can recruit. He’s basically made CU a popping brand in one year. I agree that I don’t see him staying for long after Sheduer and Travis graduate.

Dude’s a long known grifter of the highest order, but now he’s finally supposedly worried about wasting someone else’s money, and citing that as a big reason he doesn’t wanna make in home visits.

Wish he had kept that same energy when he bilked the Texas taxpayers for funding for his Prime Prep pet project.

All that said, I want to see him succeed…but I don’t know if he has it in him.

Great points. You pretty much stated how I feel about Deion’s impact being bigger than Wins and losses and the number of five star prospects he can recruit. He’s basically made CU a popping brand in one year. I agree that I don’t see him staying for long after Sheduer and Travis graduate.

You're basically admitting that Coach Prime isn't a good coach, he's just good at getting lots of attention, which for a program like Colorado is good enough. The rest of us in this thread are actually talking about finding ways to win games. Coach Prime is already mastered the game from a marketing standpoint. We are now seeing if he can actually build a program and coach a team.

If you got enough clout w the young kids like Prime, you can build a team overnight through the portal.
And yet… he hasn’t. He’s no where close and the roster as a whole arguably isn’t really much better off than he found it aside from the two kids he brought with him that won’t be there in 12 months.

That’s enough Prime talk for me. We just talking in circles and you really ain’t saying anything.

And yet… he hasn’t. He’s no where close and the roster as a whole arguably isn’t really much better off than he found it aside from the two kids he brought with him that won’t be there in 12 months.

That’s enough Prime talk for me. We just talking in circles and you really ain’t saying anything.
Timid Tebow doesn’t know anything about anything he’s just a Deion Stan :lol:

Dude’s a long known grifter of the highest order, but now he’s finally supposedly worried about wasting someone else’s money, and citing that as a big reason he doesn’t wanna make in home visits.

Wish he had kept that same energy when he bilked the Texas taxpayers for funding for his Prime Prep pet project.

All that said, I want to see him succeed…but I don’t know if he has it in him.
He’s no worse than the racist grifting white boy coaches exploiting young black men.

Jordan seaton, Travis hunter, drelon miller,Dylan edwards 😂 he recruited all them out of HS all 5/4 stars u just hating

Back
Top Bottom