OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nako xl nako xl does Brent Brennan have a good rep on the west coast? I honestly didn’t think much of the hire looking at his resume but it’s impressive he’s held on to these guys.

nako xl nako xl does Brent Brennan have a good rep on the west coast? I honestly didn’t think much of the hire looking at his resume but it’s impressive he’s held on to these guys.

Yeah he’s respected. He’s considered a smart coach and generally trusted guy (as much as you can a football coach). SJSU is a terrible job that has no money and he pretty much got them to a place of being a yearly bowl team.

TBH I don’t know if he’ll work out at UA — it’s a different job going from somewhere with zero egos where every kid is either trying to prove themselves, to a place where one of the kids and his parent have so much influence on the roster you have to make him the starting QB, ahem. Brennan seems to have early buy in there and him turning down UCLA and staying showed it was the right hire for the time.

Yeah he’s respected. He’s considered a smart coach and generally trusted guy (as much as you can a football coach). SJSU is a terrible job that has no money and he pretty much got them to a place of being a yearly bowl team.

TBH I don’t know if he’ll work out at UA — it’s a different job going from somewhere with zero egos where every kid is either trying to prove themselves, to a place where one of the kids and his parent have so much influence on the roster you have to make him the starting QB, ahem. Brennan seems to have early buy in there and him turning down UCLA and staying showed it was the right hire for the time.

Fifita?

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I thought he played well last season.

I know we're still talking in hypotheticals but I think this will inevitably happen and this would greatly diminish my interest in watching college sports. Also, What would stop players who washed out of professional sports from simply coming back to college sports? I could see a guy like Stetson Bennett coming back to college football or Luka Garza coming back to college basketball.

Fifita?

Is that necessarily a bad thing? I thought he played well last season.
Cowing and TMac made him look a lot better than he is. Advanced stats had him as bottom of the FBS in a few key deep passing categories. Not great for a guy who really isn’t mobile at all. He’s also legitimately like 5’8”.

- Alabama, Dodge Charger Recruiting Boost
- Georgia "drop the DUI charges" disciplinary advantage
- Mario Cristobal "You're 4-star recruits play like 3-stars" recruiting disadvantage

Back
Top Bottom