OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League Final between Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid on 6/1 at 3 PM EST

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man I read an article about ACL injuries and soccer players.. basically said soccer players are at a much higher risk due to minimal stregth training when compared to other sports.. really interesting stuff.

Time to look into putting regulations on overusing young players. Some of these guys might not ever be completely the same/reach their pre-injury potential.

he didn’t get injured cause of fatigue but this is crazy. he also had no business being in the match though when all the other starters were rested from the previous match

he didn’t get injured cause of fatigue but this is crazy. he also had no business being in the match though when all the other starters were rested from the previous match

Fatigue certainly played a part/made him more susceptible.

Was this always a thing or is it something that came about recently?

It's a good assurance for clubs even though it doesn't bring back the player any faster

I don't' know what it is going to take. But players need to start pulling NBA type "load management". Get your team to do advanced analytics to see how recovered you are and if you can play. Everyone knows its way too many games per year for top players/nations.

Offside rule for me would be if the VAR lines are touching each other....its onside. The calls where they literally are like well it appears his big toe was offside. Like that is dumb. I have been saying that the really tight calls are all a wash since you really don't have and exact moment of "when the ball is played". Like they never criticize when the ball leaves the players foot. Some of these calls are so close that you could rewind to when the ball might still be touching a shoe lace on the pass and it changes the "when the ball is played" part of the rule.

So all of that to say there is too much minutia involved in these calls. Just go back to the original purpose of the rule to not give the attacker an advantage and go from there.

Qatar 2022 kicked off a year ago today

20231120_180037.jpg

English speakers getting tatts in Chinese and other foreign languages while non English speakers getting tatts in English will always be funny to me

Back
Top Bottom