Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Seiya with a 2 home run game in his first road game at Pittsburgh. We win 2-1. :pimp:

Another RBI single the next game.

Already an RBI double tonight in Colorado. Dude is adjusting quite well early on.

Screenshot 2022-04-19 114424.png

Rare occurrence, Cubs up 13-0 in the 5th.

Hendricks has retired 15 of 16 hitters with only 51 pitches.

Suzuki/Contreras/Happ all have 3 hits.

Rivas has a 3 run Homer and 4 RBI.

:pimp:

Rare occurrence, Cubs up 13-0 in the 5th.

Hendricks has retired 15 of 16 hitters with only 51 pitches.

Suzuki/Contreras/Happ all have 3 hits.

Rivas has a 3 run Homer and 4 RBI.

:pimp:

Need to update already......

My bad, Happ only has two hits. But Rivas and Hoerner each have 3 hits as well, and Rivas now up to 5 RBI.

16-0, in the 5th.

Need to update already......

My bad, Happ only has two hits. But Rivas and Hoerner each have 3 hits as well, and Rivas now up to 5 RBI.

16-0, in the 5th.

Well......now Happ has 3 hits. :lol:

Hoerner has 4.

Five guys had 3 hits, two others had 2. 23 hits total.

Final: 21-0 :wow: :lol:

So, few weeks ago, Cubs beat the Pirates 21-0.

Monday, Cubs scored 8 in the first vs the Pirates, highlighted by Contreras hitting a grand slam in the first (after he had doubled earlier in the inning) for his 100th career home run. :smokin Cubs went on to win 9-0.
Last night, they won 7-0. :lol: 3 of the last 4 games, they have shut them out.

Last night was kids day. Keegan Thompson threw 5 innings to get the win, Brandon Hughes came in, faced 5 guys, K'd 5 guys, and Christopher Morel was brought up before the game, pinch hit, and much like Contreras, homered in his first career at bat. (not on the first pitch, but good enough) And absolute bomb to left. Kid has some juice and is one of our "next" young guns. Homegrown talent is back. :pimp:

I took too long to update this...... :lol:

Cubs had the 3rd worst record in the league a week ago, now have won 6 straight.

Today might have been the final home game for Willson Contreras and/or Ian Happ. :frown:

We should be selling this week, but selling those two....... :frown:

Also, had a 15-2 win in the first game after the break vs Philly......with Schwarber leading off the game with his 30th homer. :frown:

If Willson and Happ really are traded.......
That would mean:
Starlin
Rizzo
Bryant
Baez
Schwarber
Russell
Soler
Eloy
Gleyber
Contreras
Happ

Would have all come and gone without an extension. (Obviously Eloy/Gleyber were traded and Russell speaks for itself) but that is very damning of Ricketts. He got the ring and has cheaped out since. :smh:

I been way too busy this year to update in here, even tho I tell myself I need to almost every day. :lol:

Prospect update, as well as some other prospect discussion, and then totals from the year.

Screenshot 2022-10-13 120825.png
Screenshot 2022-10-13 120835.png
Screenshot 2022-10-13 120840.png
Screenshot 2022-10-13 120843.png

This is our "2014" season. The one where we have some improvement, some growth, but no real elite results yet. Now we have to have the same offseason like that year, when we got Jon Lester etc. We need to spend big on 2-3 guys to carry the youth.

Screenshot 2022-12-06 172703.png

NL MVP 3 years ago, 1 year no risk deal, Gold Glove in CF, and can play 1B as well. Also, no more shifts, so his bat can pick up hopefully.

And if he leaves after 2023, he's attached to Draft Compensation. :pimp:

Screenshot_20221206-224228.png

Stroman
Taillon
Hendricks
Steele
Thompson

Sign a Shortstop (or two) and add another catcher and we should be set pretty nice.

Also, 13th pick in the draft.

Interesting approach happening.

Bellinger + Swanson along with Hoerner gives us elite up the middle defense. (Think Fowler/Almora with Russell/Baez)

Now adding a bunch of depth in the rotation featuring a lot of ground balls should be a solid recipe. Now just need a couple corner bats to mix and match with Morel/Wisdom/Mervis and a 2nd Catcher to platoon with Gomes.

Looks like rotation has been set.

Stroman
Taillon
Steele
Smyly
Wesneski

Hendricks not back yet but will likely be ready as weather warms up. Bullpen is deep tho like last year so I expect Ross to have a lot of wiggle room innings wise.

Back
Top Bottom