Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Cubs lost the next two vs LA, but start off series vs SD with a strong 6-0 Win.

Steele goes 5.1 scoreless, and Yan Gomes goes 4-4 with his 5th homer and 3 RBI. (And his 4th shutout of the season) (5 total for the Cubs so far)

Hoerner added a standup 3-run Triple in the left field corner in the 8th.

Things are getting interesting....... (not wins wise tho :frown: )

Matt Mervis is being called up. :pimp:
Yan Gomes got knocked around by a backswing, so Miguel Amaya has been brought up, and just got his first RBI on a sac fly to the warning track in left. (Damn)

Morel can't be far behind, he has been abusing Triple A.

Great game. That Mervis hit was awesome!
20230505_131609.jpg

While I love the 7 game win streak, I'm not sure I agree with not trading away Stro or Belli, which they possibly can't do now.

We got a big series this week against the Reds. we only 4 games back off the Division. If we can take 3 outta 4. We could gain ground but however, We got the Braves after the Reds

Stroman with another terrible start. Second loss in a row. Cubs with a tough two week stretch. We're gonna be out of the race and we didn't capitalize on assets that won't be here next yr.

Stroman with another terrible start. Second loss in a row. Cubs with a tough two week stretch. We're gonna be out of the race and we didn't capitalize on assets that won't be here next yr.
Hopefully they can win the next 3 to keep things close.

Lets Keep the bats alive tonight. we gotta win the next 2 games. Also we need to take 2 outta 3 from the Braves

Offense is next level right now. Worried that the pitching has been lackluster. Stroman on the DL and Smyly is garbage. We shooulda added pitching if we're gonna go for it. Bats are gonna cool down eventually.

Destroyed by Atlanta in game 1. Bats were gonna lay a dud eventually. Do we come back strong or is this the beginning of a downside?.....

Back
Top Bottom