OFFICIAL 57th Grammy Awards Thread Feb 8

If you look at the first couple pages you see a bunch of dudes fronting like they wouldn't give it to Swift if given the opportunity. These are the same dudes impregnating all these overweight welfare check collecting broads in hoods across America

Last edited:
Well of course if you're comparing Swift to "overweight welfare check collecting broads". But if you're comparing her to her peers, she stuck in the D-League and can't eeeem make the NBA roster, much less start

Well of course if you're comparing Swift to "overweight welfare check collecting broads". But if you're comparing her to her peers, she stuck in the D-League and can't eeeem make the NBA roster, much less start

She would actually be a solid 6th to my starting 5. Just off that pic.

Shake **** up off the bench :lol:

I don't think he's capping up for Bey. I think he's trying to tell people that she is a once in a generation type talent but we are dismissing her like she's some type of avg pop artist that comes around every year.

Repped.

+

I am sick and tired of the Grammy's doing this. Let's all not play dumb. They do this every freaking year. No more! Artists who don't deserve to win Grammys always win. This is clearly a content/subject matter of the album. Being "Drunk in Love" and having sex in a "Partition" clearly won't win you a "Album of the Year" grammy. Think about it, y'all. Let's stop acting like we don't know what's going on here. We are lucky to have Kanye to speak out for everyone who has exactly what Kanye's had on his heart/mind, last night.

This crap really needs to stop. Who cares if the guy has been a veteran and can play the guitar and piano with his elbows? What kind of songs, lyrics, content, subject matter, reception, acclaim has the album received? Based on that is "Morning Phase" better than "Beyonce"?

I have not heard either album.

Last edited:
Kanye sounds like he teaches yoga

****, if I were as rich and famous as he was I would probably be saying whatever was on my mind too. Doesn't make him any less of an idiot though, it's weird as to what he's become

If Taylor Swift put on 59 lbs and didn't wash her hair regularly, I"m still smashing on the reg. 

The way she looks now doesn't make her any more or less smashable. She's getting smashed, today. Tonight. Tomorrow, 

Dudes be like "eh she's avg".

These will be the Same dudes that haven't laid a hot squirmy on a chicks belly or insides in weeks. I'm in, I'm not passing on laying a squirmy on her, straight up.

Last edited:

5 years ago, I'd be all in on this article.

I don't even get to see the winners anymore on live television.

What makes these writers think I'm interested in reading about why whoever won, won.

Tweet me the winners, and I might read 140 Characters on who won, because I still don't know who won, TBH.
it's not about this years winners, it's about how and why there is such a disparity in certain areas

how out of touch the academy is, committee members being able to vote in categories they have no knowledge of

a secret committee being able to override votes in certain categories etc....

I don't think he's capping up for Bey. I think he's trying to tell people that she is a once in a generation type talent but we are dismissing her like she's some type of avg pop artist that comes around every year.

Repped.

+

I am sick and tired of the Grammy's doing this. Let's all not play dumb. They do this every freaking year. No more! Artists who don't deserve to win Grammys always win. This is clearly a content/subject matter of the album. Being "Drunk in Love" and having sex in a "Partition" clearly won't win you a "Album of the Year" grammy. Think about it, y'all. Let's stop acting like we don't know what's going on here. We are lucky to have Kanye to speak out for everyone who has exactly what Kanye's had on his heart/mind, last night.

This crap really needs to stop. Who cares if the guy has been a veteran and can play the guitar and piano with his elbows? What kind of songs, lyrics, content, subject matter, reception, acclaim has the album received? Based on that is "Morning Phase" better than "Beyonce"?

If this is sarcasm, then ignore my next statement. If you're being serious you're more delusional then Kanye himself

BTW that Beyonce album sucked. I am not a fan of her music but this album in particular was awful. I'm mad I listened to it

You knew Iggy wouldn't get it this year after the backlash that occurred when Macklemore won the previous year. They gave it to Em by default almost as a rap lifetime achievement type of deal cuz MM2 certainly wasn't his best work

Last edited:
Repped Serve for the for the read on the Grammy nominations and it is interesting and sad at the same time. The last 2 are really food for thought if you hadn't already noticed it.

[h4]9. The Grammys are still using "urban" to denote "black"[/h4]

In 2013, the Grammys introduced the "Urban Contemporary" category, ostensibly as an intermediary between the Pop and R&B categories (the R&B one, meanwhile, in the words of Grantland's Rembert Browne, had morphed into "this middle ground between pop and rap"). So far, the winners of that award have been Frank Ocean and Rihanna, both of whom could have swept the Album of the Year and Pop Vocal Album categories if the world was good and fair. In that same Grantland article last year, Browne went on to declare the 2013 nominations "a mess," adding that the annual event would probably continue to be so "until the word 'urban' no longer is used as a safe conduit to describe 'black' things… Don't hold your breath."

Really, don't hold it. So far, in its short lifespan, every nominee in the Urban Contemporary category has been black, with nods going to Beyoncé, Pharrell, Jhene Aiko, Chris Brown and Mali Music this year. Apart from race, what distinguishes them from the nominees for Best Pop Vocal Album (Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Sam Smith, Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus) is unclear. Even the people on the judging panel don't seem to know exactly what Urban Contemporary is, having placed Beyoncé's "Drunk in Love" in the categories for Best R&B Performance and Best R&B Song, despite not labeling Beyoncé an R&B album.

[h4]10. White artists making music influenced by black culture get treated differently[/h4]

It's especially interesting to see Miley—an artist who built her whole album campaign and new sonic direction last year around the grotesque appropriation of black culture—being labelled as Pop rather than Urban Contemporary.

Meanwhile, this year Iggy Azalea became the first ever rapper to be nominated for both Best Rap Album and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for her own song (as opposed to Best Rap/Sung Collaboration). Juicy J and Nicki Minaj also rear their heads in the Pop Duo category, but as featured artists on tracks by Katy Perry and Jessie J; Iggy is the first rapper whose own song, from her own album, is being treated as "Pop," while the album itself is "Rap." Apparently, if you're a white woman, you don't have to be confined to the Urban or Rap categories; and don't forget, Iggy is also the only rapper nominated this year in the Best New Artist and Record of the Year categories. Move over Macklemore. If our discomfort with this year's nominations could be personified in one performer, Iggy Azalea would be it.

Repped.

+

If this is sarcasm, then ignore my next statement. If you're being serious you're more delusional then Kanye himself

BTW that Beyonce album sucked. I am not a fan of her music but this album in particular was awful. I'm mad I listened to it

:lol: I may go ahead and listen to both albums, just for the sake of argument.

Back
Top Bottom