Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I remembering the shadow release in 2013. They literally sat for a week. I remember getting my pair online and than walking into foot action at 1pm and asking if they had shadows. Bought my pair and walked away. Ended up canceling my online order. What a mistake. But the re sale value was always up until the aftermath of the bred 1s release. I'm talking months of shadows selling sub $200
Even in the few months after bred release I was able to find DS pairs for around 200. regret passing on em.

People just list high so someone will hit them up with an offer. They go through PayPal to avoid seller fees on ebay
but even then, you gotta list them as a "reasonable" high price. 
laugh.gif
 as contradicting as that sounds, but you can't list them at such a crazy price that you don't even bother to message the seller because you'd think he has crazy selling mentality listing shoes that high. For example, theres a guy selling banned 1's in my size on ebay but for $2k. I wouldn't even bother to give him my best offer of $1.2k because I doubt the seller is willing to take a $800 drop lol. 

but even then, you gotta list them as a "reasonable" high price. 
laugh.gif
 as contradicting as that sounds, but you can't list them at such a crazy price that you don't even bother to message the seller because you'd think he has crazy selling mentality listing shoes that high. For example, theres a guy selling banned 1's in my size on ebay but for $2k. I wouldn't even bother to give him my best offer of $1.2k because I doubt the seller is willing to take a $800 drop lol.
i look at it as the price is so high to grab your attention.  as long as you feel comfortable with your offer, shouldn't feel bad. who cares how the seller feels.  all part of the "game" for lack of better word

I remembering the shadow release in 2013. They literally sat for a week. I remember getting my pair online and than walking into foot action at 1pm and asking if they had shadows. Bought my pair and walked away. Ended up canceling my online order. What a mistake. But the re sale value was always up until the aftermath of the bred 1s release. I'm talking months of shadows selling sub $200
yup yup

most people paying these extreme prices deserve it to be quite honest

no reason for peeps to not have a pair of shadows for a decent price

Separates the real shadow fans from the BEASTS

pimp.gif

Rocking my custom for the first time. Hope JB drops these, or more simple color-blocking OG 1's.
Repped, I loved these when you first posted pics of them done.

I'd love for JB to retro those, or the Celtics, in OG High NA forms.

Thank you! And I agree, i can see them dropping on the horizon.
only reason ive yet to pull the trigger on dmp celtics or olnl black and yellows...
although i did just cop some navy/whites for the low, little restoration project im gonna get around to.
@AirThompson
 might hit you up for some advice...

Last edited:

And I'm done with 1s until May
I've got all the pairs im willing to pay for now.
But we'll see what happens when the tax returns come

And I'm done with 1s until May
I've got all the pairs im willing to pay for now.
But we'll see what happens when the tax returns come
Congratz on the pickup. If I was from New York or had family there I would definitely cop those. They are awesome, I would feel a little weird though wearing a NYC shoe with no ties there.

To the owners of the blk/gum 1s..how's the quality on those? Planning to pick up a new pair of all blk kicks...

Nope. I missed out on them a couple of times..got a pair for me? Lol
LOL nah sorry brutha. I was on the hunt for a mostly black 1 too. It pretty much came down to blk/gums and NYCs. A fellow NT'er looked out big time on one of the many restocks they had in NY and shipped a pair to me for barely over retail. NYC 1s are fire. As far as a mostly black aj1...

NYCs>Black gums

I'm lit, nike cancelled my melo order but gave me a 20% off code for nike.com.

Not to detract from this thread but is the code valid on nikeID?

Last edited:
LOL nah sorry brutha. I was on the hunt for a mostly black 1 too. It pretty much came down to blk/gums and NYCs. A fellow NT'er looked out big time on one of the many restocks they had in NY and shipped a pair to me for barely over retail. NYC 1s are fire. As far as a mostly black aj1...

NYCs>Black gums

Haha all go broski...I def. Agree with the nyc1>blk/gum...tough to get some of these kicks when I actually work a 9-5 lol..I may just pull the trigger on FC for a pair...

Back
Top Bottom