Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
May be the case but I enjoy my shoes even more when I know I have a 2nd pair so I can beat them up. And there's always the chance that these shoes may not release for a while. Look at some of the Jordan 1 releases we are getting for the first time in what over 30 years? I just enjoy them and so do others so let em do what they like pa

QFT. I've been this way since college. If I know I really like a shoe I double because it allows me to wear the hell out of the first pair. I won't get mad at myself or my boys when I'm out in some fresher **** And the crew randomly decides to hit a club or some random event that could trash my sneaks.

I also donate a lot of my kicks, whether it be to family or even some of my students from time to time. Having doubles and triples certainly helps.

I'm the same way as some others though i will only double on 1s because that's what I really wear. I regret doubling on infrared 6s from a couple year back because now I'm literally forcing myself to wear the first pair.

People talk about the jumpman years like some kind of long lost nightmare. It wasnt that long ago most lived through it. Its not like we were given choices. We bought what was produced. You think I wanted a black toe that was a mid with a jumpman or a bred for that matter? No but that was the best option save for paying alot of resell for shoes I had as a kid so, multi packs it was.

Ah the Humphrey years! Honestly, nobody wanted those things-but at the time GH led the charge to overbrand and fusion everything JB was doing... Thank goodness JB survived that era, those were really dark times for the brand.

I finally picked these up, DS 11.5 from ebay. Wanted em ever since they came out in 09 but being in the states and not having an ebay account til a couple years ago limited me in that search. I just sold my 2013 chicagos to make room in the rotation for these, couldn't stand the stiffness of that pleather on the 2013 chicagos.

Last edited:
:lol:

Some of us have though...

I was thinking the same thing. I been buying 1s heavy since like 07/08. I still have a decent amount of "jumpman 1's" in my closet.

I'm not even that much of a purist when it comes down to it. I would certainly buy a jumpman 1 if the color-way is suits my taste. I picked up those black and cement 1s last year in fact.

I finally picked these up, DS 11.5 from ebay. Wanted em ever since they came out in 09 but being in the states and not having an ebay account til a couple years ago limited me in that search. I just sold my 2013 chicagos to make room in the rotation for these, couldn't stand the stiffness of that pleather on the 2013 chicagos.
Youre in for a rude awakening with those.  The DTRT's are stiff as well.

The tumbled leather feels great but the leather definitely isn't as soft and malleable as 2016 1s. I haven't had the chance to try em on yet. I work an office job so my sneaker wearing is limited, especially in the winter time now. But my friend picked up a DS pair of the purple metallics last week and said they felt a lot tighter than his 2016 1s, narrow. The toebox seems more narrow/shorter in height compared to other 1s I've had (2013 chicagos, shattered backboard away, tan pinnacle). I think the fact that they're factory laced so tightly also keeps em that way. Still, I'm pretty excited. Purple metallics are my favorite of the metallic colorways.

I really don't understand the thinking that you're either a true sneakerhead or a hypebeast-there is absolutely no middle ground between the two.

But, let's be honest with ourselves, the problen with the Jumpman on the heel is overbranding. In fact, people hate the new Rare Airs for this same issue but with Nike Air on the heel, instead of the Jumpman.

Well someone who gets upset when a sneaker is a GR or they're readily available and no longer wants them because of it, I would say they're a hypebeast :wink:

Well someone who gets upset when a sneaker is a GR or they're readily available and no longer wants them because of it, I would say they're a hypebeast :wink:

Welp, I guess I better sell all the GRs I bought to stock this year (including 3 pairs of Space Jams and 5 pairs of mesh NMDs) to I can keep my hypebeast status in check.

awesome pick up dude. props for getting what you want instead of just going after what everybody else hypes up

the purples are the only other metallic colorway I want besides the navy's. I'm hoping they come out remastered sometime this year or next

Fight me den

Name 1 imperfection on her
embarassed.gif
​LOL, it's not that serious, and I'm way too old to get into e-arguments.  I'll just say she wouldn't be in my top 10 list of "perfect women."  Different strokes for different folks...

Fight me den

Name 1 imperfection on her :wow:

​LOL, it's not that serious, and I'm way too old to get into e-arguments.  I'll just say she wouldn't be in my top 10 list of "perfect women."  Different strokes for different folks...

Ain't no argument :lol: shes perfect to me, she aint thick but damn a few pounds on her in the right spots might make her that much better to me

I don't double up anymore either

only 1 of 2 things happen

either you never get to the second pair or you run thru the first pair prematurely cause you know you have an extra

I rather have the same cw in another shoe

why dub up on chi 1s when I can just use the black toes or banneds?

I don't double up anymore either

only 1 of 2 things happen

either you never get to the second pair or you run thru the first pair prematurely cause you know you have an extra

I rather have the same cw in another shoe

why dub up on chi 1s when I can just use the black toes or banneds?

Cuz trade bait.

Back
Top Bottom