Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Thank you everyone for your help on the black toe.... Really appreciate it Looking to cop them This week. Was going to get the Jordan 1 uns that just came out they look exactly like the black toe I wear my pants over my shoes not tucked in like many of you do. So for me it makes no sense to get them plus they are 2 hundred dollars more. And I am copping 3 other Jordan’s on stock x thanks again fam and GODBLESS

What is better built?

2013 is fine, and the leather quality on the 2016 isn't that much better than my 2013

You dudes debate and nit pick millimeters in height as if anyone sees that when being worn.

I don’t nit pick on quality and stuff not that petty.... but the 2013 pairs weren’t great.

I don’t nit pick on quality and stuff not that petty.... but the 2013 pairs weren’t great.

the 2016 black toes weren't either, and they weren't very far off.

2016 black toes were probably the worst leather out of any of the remastered joints.

the 2016 black toes weren't either, and they weren't very far off.

2016 black toes were probably the worst leather out of any of the remastered joints.

But if I had to choose 2013 or 2016 I’m going with the latter and I actually agree with you on the leather but I didn’t mention it, to me the shape on the newer ones are much better with the high cut. I would go as far to say if the 2013 pair had better leather I would choose 2016 for the shape.

UNDS 2013

10AD37B8-16EC-452A-8AA1-6171588F5E1D.jpeg

Are the soles yellowed, or is that just the pic? Also were they not covered in glitter? I’m torn between unds’ing my 2013, or selling them off. The whole shoe is literally covered in glitter. Not just small patches like my remastered pairs.

Nah man, 2016 black toes (at least mine, ymmv) have some of the softest wings sections of anything I’ve got. Unc level for sure.

Are the soles yellowed, or is that just the pic? Also were they not covered in glitter? I’m torn between unds’ing my 2013, or selling them off. The whole shoe is literally covered in glitter. Not just small patches like my remastered pairs.

I think it’s just weird lighting on them.. midsole on the left shoe looks good lol.

These didn’t have one speck of glitter on them for whatever reason.

Black toe quality is not great on any version. But chicago’s are no better either. Let not act like these were great quality 1s. It does look awesome tho. Think the shadow 2018 and hyper royal were better. By far.

What makes me made is stuff like this.

https://www.ralphlauren.com/men/jor...h-to-low&sz=30&start=211&prefv1=Sale&cgid=men

You telling me Ralph can make genuine calf skin sneakers for less than a retro (not even including the current sale price stacked with the extra 40%, just looking at retail here) but we can't even get real leather on these. Don't tell me because of "technology" because we all know that's not the case on these 30 year old shoes. I don't even care that they are made in China, just use better materials. Nike would charge $400 for something like this and it still not even be real leather.

I know they don't sell even close to the same amount of shoes that Nike does, but that's mean that they could make them even cheaper. I don't wear Polo shoes but I am tempted to try a pair just for beaters, the quality looks nice and you really can't go wrong with a black shoe, and it's only $60 RN... but I don't really need another pair of black shoes so...

I honestly hate talks of quality on all these dope remasters. They all have good quality. Some tumbled. Some not. All soft. All break in well. The remasters are better than like 97% of what we were getting before sans 2014 b/w, 2011 banned, RTTG pack, and 09 shadows. I would say 01s and 94s but those weren't the most recent retros. The worst feeling 1s are probably any with patent leather but that's because its patent leather which are meant to be stiff and unforgiving.

the collars and wings on my black toes might be the best out of all pairs i have.

one thing that irks me is that the leather on my toeboxes dont match, and theyre creasing way different.

How do you clean this? I used a wet rag and cleaned it off but it starts coming back in a matter of hours. It's like a fuzz.

yeah, how have people been cleaning the glitter off again?

don't feel like searching through hundreds of posts with a keyword "glitter" query

i think i remember somebody used a specific brand of leather wipes or something?

Black toe quality is not great on any version. But chicago’s are no better either. Let not act like these were great quality 1s. It does look awesome tho. Think the shadow 2018 and hyper royal were better. By far.

Do you have both of them? I think the softness of the leather was better on the Shadow '18 and hyper royal, but I think that the black toe '16 and chicago '15 were done very well, both in terms of construction and craftsmanship. I'd still have them at the top of the list (in no particular) order for overall quality. The royal '17s had really soft leather, but I thought the overall construction sucked. Super inconsistent from pair to pair out of any 1 I have seen so far.

the collars and wings on my black toes might be the best out of all pairs i have.

one thing that irks me is that the leather on my toeboxes dont match, and theyre creasing way different.

I'm not a fan of comparing leather quality, but this is crazy, my 16 black toes had some really bad quality on all panels. Not talking about thickness, but overall feel.

You don’t need to use it on the color parts as they don’t glitter up. But yeah I wouldn’t.

Does the wipes cure the glitter issue? My banned 1s are glittered up (it even looks like a fuzz). I've wiped the glitter off with a wet cloth and i can see the fuzz or whatever slowly starting to grow back after just hours.

Back
Top Bottom