Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with humidity/weather.... my pairs have no glitter and I live a extremely dry area (Vegas)

Moonwalking? I wasn’t even the one who said it was the solution, I agreed.

How about we discuss differences in who has/doesn’t have glitter? Then we can try and see a trend.

Mine have no glitter, I live on the west coast, wear all mine several times a year.

All of those location, wear frequency, storage method type of variations have been discussed dozens of times at this point.

whats the real culprit?

Closest we've seemed to get to an answer is that it might be "leather spew." I can't remember if fam that introduced that thought ever came back and experimented to see if spew removers do the trick of keeping it off though.

My broken record theory is that either the black paint or paint finisher they used on a lot of those pairs just kind of slightly breaks down to the extent of that glitter **** happening every so often. I'm not willing to acetone my pairs and repaint/finish them myself to find out though.

Weird playground flex.. Saturday duty with the kids
EF4DB7F9-DC90-40D0-9F21-43958CAE6498.jpeg

The glitter debate has made its return for the month I see.
I’ll never understand why they still make Jumpman 1s.
I’m with you. It’s literally just a matter of changing the tongue tags, and I feel like in the grand scheme of things, more pairs would move if they had NA tags. I wouldn’t get the mids still, but all of them would look better IMO with NA tags across the board. But when I think about it, maybe it’s about brand recognition. Sure, we all know that a 1 is a Jordan, even if the only Jordan nod is the wings logo, but I imagine there are a lot of people that without the Jumpman would dismiss them as just some Nike shoe. Maybe I’m wrong, but I just can’t think of any other reason as to why they’d keep pushing Jumpman tags on 1s.

Would you guys sell H2H and get 2016 Breds/2018 Bred Toes? I rarely wear them and feel Breds or Bred Toes would get more wear from me.

Last edited:
On glitter/spew - it’s completely random for me. I have pairs that I wear, pairs that I stock. Some get glitter, some don’t. Same conditions, same wear frequency - different outcomes. Always comes off with water and a micro fiber cloth. I don’t use leather wipes or anything.

My Stecyk’s get it the worst. But it kind of looks like it belongs with the design. *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom