Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My friend's a Red Sox fan and he's going all in for the Jeters. The hype is real folks

I'm with brother lamekilla lamekilla on this one. Let's be honest. Yes it's a huge tribute, there is a nice backstory and history for the shoe but people don't think about that stuff now a days. It's for hype, resale value, social media likes, and because it's limited. Buying these shoes aren't the only way to show your respect or love for Jeter when there are so many other ways. It just seems like "this is the way, this is the shoe I must buy". Let's be honest, how many people are still buying Jordan's because of the history? Or is it cause of that OG label? How many people buy all these retro+ colors consistently. And honestly, 1's have been the best in terms of profit with the lowest retail value of most, if not all Jordan's and higher resale value.

Last edited:
waits on all black bubblegum bottom
pimp.gif

Not true at all, I'd love to see them in high form as well. The original release definitely had a group of fans.

Last edited:
There was no where close to 300-500 at any given point.  I got there at 6:30 a.m. with a friend and there were maybe 150 people ahead of us.  The problem was all the latecomers who tried to cut in line.  To make matters worse, despite the NYC release being FCFS, the main security guy (tall black guy named Finch I believe) started picking people "randomly" from the front, middle and back of the line.  There were guys that literally just showed up and he'd wave them in.

Fortunately, my friend and I got our pairs at around 10:00 a.m. and I was able to make it to work, albeit a little late. lol
my man said finch :rofl:, dudes name is fish. Manager was picking people to go in and unfortunately they are going to pick ppl they see every week over ppl they've never seen before and probably will never see again. Release wasn't as bad as it could've been which was nice

I'm with brother lamekilla lamekilla on this one. Let's be honest. Yes it's a huge tribute, there is a nice backstory and history for the shoe but people don't think about that stuff now a days. It's for hype, resale value, social media likes, and because it's limited. Buying these shoes aren't the only way to show your respect or love for Jeter when there are so many other ways. It just seems like "this is the way, this is the shoe I must buy". Let's be honest, how many people are still buying Jordan's because of the history? Or is it cause of that OG label? How many people buy all these retro+ colors consistently. And honestly, 1's have been the best in terms of profit with the lowest retail value of most, if not all Jordan's and higher resale value.

Preach!..... And Rep'd.

The almighty dollar has clouded many minds. When will this madness stop??

I still wish they dropped the grey pair too. Maybe next year.

Who am I kidding I still wouldn't cop, but I would like to see the end result

Last edited:
my man said finch :rofl:, dudes name is fish. Manager was picking people to go in and unfortunately they are going to pick ppl they see every week over ppl they've never seen before and probably will never see again. Release wasn't as bad as it could've been which was nice

need to start giving dudes dap in there so they at least remember the weird cool black kid in the old yankees fitted who wears all black

so you saying these will only resell for 250 right?

$250? I'll say they'll max out at $500 before they're all dried up

My brotha from anotha feels me :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom