Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Might just be me but the leather cuts on these seem pretty thick

CC40D6EE-C4BD-4AA4-8904-39CA80880F95.jpeg

Wow, great number! Wonder if any member will get number 21, 763? That's the one I want!

I don’t know for certain, but part of me gets the impression that the quality of both the ‘85s is just OK. I know that soft, squishy leather doesn’t equal “good,” but I also know that high quality leather, unless it’s a hard az dress shoe, isn’t necessarily stiff/hard/plasticy. And more than one person has used the “it’s stiff and hard, but hopefully gets better as it’s worn in” description on the leather of them. Again, only time will tell, but the initial explanations that people keep using to describe the leather, which I get the feeling is somewhat of us trying to explain/justify them being super duper limited, and supposedly as close to OG as possible, has me pretty iffy on them. I’ve been out from jump due to the colorways, but I can’t remember any Jordan 1 where people initially weren’t feeling the leather, or had doubts about it at first, to down the line be like “yeah, worn in these are pretty good quality now.” The SBBs and Frags, and others I’m sure but I can’t think of off of the top of my head, seemed to be deemed as having really good quality from day 1.

I will get a pair of the new mold 1's once Jordan stops it's "super limited, only available in NYC, LA, Chicago" nonsense with them....until then I just won't have them.

Back
Top Bottom