Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters

Never liked the Chicago colorway. I'm good with the Black Toes :smokin, and one day the Breds :nthat:...and maybe even the Banneds. :pimp:

:nerd:

Well 23penny1 was tweeting about an upgrade months back with the price hike. Posted about it too. The 94 mold might be it..

Sorry.....just can't do $160.....you go from $105...$110.....$140 for Nike air.....now $160 for Nike air? I gave you $30 extra....but I can't see $50 increase for a shoe that was released 98% identical a 1.5 years prior
'RE-MASTERED'

REmember--

Nike is first and foremost a MARKETING company- not a sports company.

Imagien the boardroom discussion:

nike exec 1:

It's about time we retro'd the original Jordan 1 in it's Chicago colorway

Nike exec 2:

AGreed- but surely there's a way to make us more $$$- hmmmmm

Nike exec 1:

Well why don't we first produce a plastic crappy version with an unnecessarily long plastic tongue with a jumpman on it and the heel and watch the lemmings lap it up?

Nike exec 2: Great idea- then we can make up some crap about 'premium materials' and just use slightly better pleather and tell them we have 'remastered' the shoe to make it exactly teh same as the OG.

Nike exec 1: Genius!! We can even charge them an extra $50 and they will be grateful- sure some people might be pissed off- but there will be enough of our minions to shout them down and convince people that it is a good deal.

Nike exec 2: hookers and coke on me!

Hopefully they use the mold from those fragment 1 samples for the Chicago's next year. That, along with decent quality leather :smokin

'RE-MASTERED'

REmember--

Nike is first and foremost a MARKETING company- not a sports company.

Imagien the boardroom discussion:

nike exec 1:
It's about time we retro'd the original Jordan 1 in it's Chicago colorway

Nike exec 2:
AGreed- but surely there's a way to make us more $$$- hmmmmm

Nike exec 1:
Well why don't we first produce a plastic crappy version with an unnecessarily long plastic tongue with a jumpman on it and the heel and watch the lemmings lap it up?

Nike exec 2: Great idea- then we can make up some crap about 'premium materials' and just use slightly better pleather and tell them we have 'remastered' the shoe to make it exactly teh same as the OG.

Nike exec 1: Genius!! We can even charge them an extra $50 and they will be grateful- sure some people might be pissed off- but there will be enough of our minions to shout them down and convince people that it is a good deal.

Nike exec 2: hookers and coke on me!

Sounds about right. Lmbo! And trust me...that remastered crap is for the birds. I have seen good quality for lower prices (family 1's, red premier 1's, spizike 6) so get that gimmick outta here.

2015 = 30th anniversary of the 1. You knew this was coming and I welcome it. Even at $160 the shoe will instantly be worth 100 more so it's kind of a moot point for me.

2015 = 30th anniversary of the 1. You knew this was coming and I welcome it. Even at $160 the shoe will instantly be worth 100 more so it's kind of a moot point for me.

UNC's should release next year in OG form as well. The chicago's and the UNC's have been counterpart 1's since the '03 patent leather days. They both got the shaft last year with the jumpman treatment too while the better duo (black/red and royal) got their original branding...

Can I please just have some black metallics though :wow:

Back
Top Bottom