Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
i mean resale on shoes is 5 sometimes so its not much difference at all, rather pay it to ndc then some random dude

lets be real too, how good is the quality gonna be? it wont be anything like designer shoes, maybe a step up from family & forevers but we arent buying them for quality..

Nike aint on the level of a Fashion House designer.

Gucci - Made in Italy with REAL ITALIAN LEATHER

Nike - Made in China with some leftovers

I like Nike, I like Jordans, but get real.  Their shoes aint worth anywhere near $500.

Seeing as we have yet to see the shoes and this is completely conjecture I made my statement based of the idea that they'd be worth five hundred to me for a designer quality pair of ones in a nice colorway.

Honestly I wouldn't cop those gold ones probably at even if they were $140

Seeing as we have yet to see the shoes and this is completely conjecture I made my statement based of the idea that they'd be worth five hundred to me for a designer quality pair of ones in a nice colorway.

Honestly I wouldn't cop those gold ones probably at even if they were $140
we are just going to disagree about everything LOL
roll.gif
its all good though we got our own opinions!

I would cop the gold for $140.

I like Nike, I like Jordans, but get real.  Their shoes aint worth anywhere near $500.
 The OG jordan II was made in Italy with real Italian leather.  Granted it was the only Jordan, as far as i know, produced like this; but they have done it (even if it was almost 30 years ago).

I don't think it necessarily needs to be made in Italy with Italian leather to warrant a $500 tag, you can still get great craftsmanship and materials outside of Italy.

The OG jordan II was made in Italy with real Italian leather.  Granted it was the only Jordan, as far as i know, produced like this; but they have done it (even if it was almost 30 years ago).

I don't think it necessarily needs to be made in Italy with Italian leather to warrant a $500 tag, you can still get great craftsmanship and materials outside of Italy.

While i agree but what are the chances nike is gonna ever give us a high quality Italian leather shoe? i dont care where its made as long as its highest quality leather especially at that price.

i still dont understand the $500 price tag unless these are super duper limited which people will jump out their windows to cop even if they cant afford it :lol:

While i agree but what are the chances nike is gonna ever give us a high quality Italian leather shoe? i dont care where its made as long as its highest quality leather especially at that price.

i still dont understand the $500 price tag unless these are super duper limited which people will jump out their windows to cop even if they cant afford it
laugh.gif
You have to be concerned with where it is made. Quality material is pointless with poor craftsmanship. You can have the best leather with midsole detaching within a few wears, poor quality control, and it'll be just as bad.

i still dont understand the $500 price tag unless these are super duper limited which people will jump out their windows to cop even if they cant afford it :lol:
You have to be concerned with where it is made. Quality material is pointless with poor craftsmanship. You can have the best leather with midsole detaching within a few wears, poor quality control, and it'll be just as bad.

that too but lets be real now, most of the stuff we buy is made in china and sweatshops.

nike/jb isnt gonna move its production elsewhere for a single shoe. do they have the money to do it especially if they charge an ultra premium price? sure but they will never do it.

i know never say never, but yea. never.

OG IIs were made with what Nike/JB CALLED fine Italian leather which I disagree with. It was nice but I can't cosign fine Italian. It may be the norm for some people to spend 500 on Js but its not the norm and anybody without a NT account, and some with an account, would never. But I'm cheap so it could be just me...

Last edited:
that too but lets be real now, most of the stuff we buy is made in china and sweatshops.

nike/jb isnt gonna move its production elsewhere for a single shoe. do they have the money to do it especially if they charge an ultra premium price? sure but they will never do it.

For sure. I have zero faith in nike/jb doing a favor for us. I was just pointing out that where the shoe is made, makes a difference. I don't and will not support $400-500 jordans. I pay that much for a pair of chanels for my girl or a pair of balenciagas for myself because i can bring it in for repairs on any given day. Nike will just give me a 10% coupon code for my inconvenience. 

For sure. I have zero faith in nike/jb doing a favor for us. I was just pointing out that where the shoe is made, makes a difference. I don't and will not support $400-500 jordans. I pay that much for a pair of chanels for my girl or a pair of balenciagas for myself because i can bring it in for repairs on any given day. Nike will just give me a 10% coupon code for my inconvenience. 
why should they do us any favors? lol not coming at you but when i see some people on these boards or other sites and social media people come off as JB/Nike owing us something for buying their products. people put so much value into the shoes from these brands that they forget that nike is a business about profit while being one of the best athletic brands (retros in any shape or form is a cash grab in a way tbh) but it always seems funny to me how people always feel or talk like that. again not coming at you its just a thought in my head when you said this 

why should they do us any favors? lol not coming at you but when i see some people on these boards or other sites and social media people come off as JB/Nike owing us something for buying their products. people put so much value into the shoes from these brands that they forget that nike is a business about profit while being one of the best athletic brands (retros in any shape or form is a cash grab in a way tbh) but it always seems funny to me how people always feel or talk like that. again not coming at you its just a thought in my head when you said this
this

I don't feel like nike/jb owes us anything. I feel the same way as you do. It was a response to the below statement. I think you just read my response and not what i responded to lol.

Anyone cop the Shines? How is the leather? Where were they produced? May be a good benchmark of what to expect.

I saw the plat shines at the outlet. The leather is pretty nice. Not 400 nice, maybe 200 nice. I also did look at the production dates. For a run of 500, it sure took them a while. 2 month spread.

I don't feel like nike/jb owes us anything. I feel the same way as you do. It was a response to the below statement. I think you just read my response and not what i responded to lol.
I never said you had those opinions I was talking about other dudes who feel that JB owes us for anything it was a thought that popped up in my head lol

I know this aint gonna happen cause hype beasts will buy them at $500 - but the best thing that could happen to all of us, if JB actually does drop a $500 AJ1, is not to buy them.  If they test the waters and it works out in their favour, we are all gonna be ******.

Back
Top Bottom