Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Idk why cats go so hard about getting some shoes early. Ok I know why, for clicks/views/likes/advertiser money, but it's wack. Got some threads in my twitter algorithm about guys arguing over whose early union 1s were real or fake. Everyone was like "mine are real, I trust my source" but no one will ever name their source so it's prob all coming from the same fake sellers :rofl:

D2C224DC-B0D4-4796-A3A1-2843BC83F8AC.jpeg

I've been getting and buying Jordans since all of this started, so alot of us older people have seen the peaks and valleys, with how Nike has operated with how they release certain models and Colorways. With that being said, i don't consider myself to be a purist, because overall when it comes to clothes and shoes, i like different varieties of stuff that I can choose from.

I've had og colorways over multiple times, from the first release, to the multiple times they've been retroed for the first time, all the way to now. After looking at Blk/Reds, Royals, Chicago's 1,s and og colorways of 3,s 4,s 5,s 6,s 7,s 8,s and 11,s so many times on your feet, it starts to get old to me.

This is coming from someone who would buy double or triple on release day, and then buy a third or 4th pair a year or two later. The majority of people who consider themselves gatekeepers, are just collectors/hypebeast/sheep who want to have a vault filled up with og colorways year after year nonstop.

It's understandable, but looking at the same shoes in my opinion gets old quick. So i actually appreciate seeing someone wear Brotherhood's with white laces, at the beach or water park with purple/yellow shorts with a pair of shades on, or wearing Taxis with dark yellow/Black Shorts.

I like some of the new Colorways that the majority of you all don't like. But there's also certain Colorways that i don't like. One thing that I will give credit for Nike/Jordan brand for doing, is putting really good material on og 1 highs right now.

That trash material that they were putting on DMP 1,s and just on 1,s in general before 2013 was super horrible. Also, i can see Nike reversing the hands of time. Taking away the Nike Air on the tongue, putting the jump man back on it, while giving us shiny like plastic leather on Chicago and bred 1,s while putting a jumpman on the back heal and tongue.

While they're marketed on the SNKRS app as the re-re-re- reimagined defining moments package 2.0. The majority of yall would be praying daily for releases such as the palomino,s, unc toes, taxis, etc. Be careful of what you wish for, because none of us wants it to go back to 2003 - 2010.

This is why I double up alot, because if they ever decide to go back to the dark ages on some troll bs, ill be well prepared like a farmer stocked up on food during a pandemic with these shoes lol. Id survive the dark years with ease once again. The new Colorways would be treated like how the blackcat 4,s are, while Double quadrupling in resale price, while everyone crying about the quality of the new releases.

Also, i can see Nike reversing the hands of time. Taking away the Nike Air on the tongue, putting the jump man back on it
Sorry fam but this is never happening. You know why? Nike established that people are willing to pay more for Nike Air branding and less for Jumpman branding. Look at the cost of 1s right now, OG 1s are $180 with a massive variance in the cost of Mids. Hell, Zoom CMFTs are $150 with honestly better materials than a lot of $180 OG 1s but they say “Zoom Air” on the tongue which kills their retail value.

It would be a REALLY hard sell to get customers to only buy Jumpman branded 1s after a decade plus of selling more expensive Nike Air branded 1s.

In
Sorry fam but this is never happening. You know why? Nike established that people are willing to pay more for Nike Air branding and less for Jumpman branding. Look at the cost of 1s right now, OG 1s are $180 with a massive variance in the cost of Mids. Hell, Zoom CMFTs are $150 with honestly better materials than a lot of $180 OG 1s but they say “Zoom Air” on the tongue which kills their retail value.

It would be a REALLY hard sell to get customers to only buy Jumpman branded 1s after a decade plus of selling more expensive Nike Air branded 1s.
never say never. Nike knows we’re all suckers for Nike air branding and subpar pleather composite

In

never say never. Nike knows we’re all suckers for Nike air branding and subpar pleather composite

I just don’t think them removing Nike Air is feasible anymore. Younger customers aren’t like us and don’t have the same kind of brand loyalty. If Nike/JB start putting out only inferior Jumpman 1s, those kids will all dip to New Balance, etc. Those are the demographics of trendsetters that they know they need to attract and keep-not aging millennials, etc. Look at how, in the span of 3 years, that same demographic essentially brought back the Nike Dunk to being one of the most coveted and hyped models and then completely killed it recently.

I just don’t think them removing Nike Air is feasible anymore. Younger customers aren’t like us and don’t have the same kind of brand loyalty. If Nike/JB start putting out only inferior Jumpman 1s, those kids will all dip to New Balance, etc. Those are the demographics of trendsetters that they know they need to attract and keep-not aging millennials, etc. Look at how, in the span of 3 years, that same demographic essentially brought back the Nike Dunk to being one of the most coveted and hyped models and then completely killed it recently.
I dunno was in Belgium a few months ago and you’d be surprised at the amount of mids people were wearing. Mids and …uptempos are really popular

Idk why cats go so hard about getting some shoes early. Ok I know why, for clicks/views/likes/advertiser money, but it's wack. Got some threads in my twitter algorithm about guys arguing over whose early union 1s were real or fake. Everyone was like "mine are real, I trust my source" but no one will ever name their source so it's prob all coming from the same fake sellers :rofl:

The funniest are the ones who spend extra to have them early with no box

. Look at the cost of 1s right now, OG 1s are $180 with a massive variance in the cost of Mids. Hell, Zoom CMFTs are $150 with honestly better materials than a lot of $180 OG 1s but they say “Zoom Air” on the tongue which kills their retail value.

people don’t care about the cmft’s because they look goofy. If they said Nike Air, not one extra customer would be had

the tongue tag Nike Air =/= booty shots of the 3/4

With that said the jumpman does look silly

I've had og colorways over multiple times, from the first release, to the multiple times they've been retroed for the first time, all the way to now. After looking at Blk/Reds, Royals, Chicago's 1,s and og colorways of 3,s 4,s 5,s 6,s 7,s 8,s and 11,s so many times on your feet, it starts to get old to me.

This is coming from someone who would buy double or triple on release day, and then buy a third or 4th pair a year or two later. The majority of people who consider themselves gatekeepers, are just collectors/hypebeast/sheep who want to have a vault filled up with og colorways year after year nonstop.

It's understandable, but looking at the same shoes in my opinion gets old quick. So i actually appreciate seeing someone wear Brotherhood's with white laces, at the beach or water park with purple/yellow shorts with a pair of shades on, or wearing Taxis with dark yellow/Black Shorts.

Sometimes Jordan’s are like women

When you first wore a shoe 20+ years ago and a thousand times since, sometimes it’s nice to dip your foot into something new

Probably not many considering she never had a crazy amount of viewers anyway. Someone @ me when she starts reviewing em butt naked, then I might upgrade.
Given interest in the sneaker market is way down currently, I’m surprised she is just now trying to sell memberships.

Back
Top Bottom