Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Guys...all I was doing was tying to pay a stranger a compliment.

Have we fallen so far in the year of our lord 2023, that that seems strange?

I figured that anyone wearing Shattered Backboards would know what they are and be happy that other people recognize that.

I figured that anyone wearing Shattered Backboards would know what they are and be happy that other people recognize that.

Everyone is so sensitive these days. I see it with my kids. Glued to youtube and tiktok; they have no people skills. It's sad.

When you can dress, you're gonna get random compliments on your sneakers at least a few times a year.
I always just say "Thanks a lot, I appreciate it" and keep it movin.
Unless they're fly too, then we usually end up having a conversation :lol:
It's only cringy when they're new to sneakers and are trying to impress you, IMO.

When you can dress, you're gonna get random compliments on your sneakers at least a few times a year.
I always just say "Thanks a lot, I appreciate it" and keep it movin.
Unless they're fly too, then we usually end up having a conversation :lol:
It's only cringy when they're new to sneakers and are trying to impress you, IMO.

True that. A guy at the gym would comment on my shoes regularly. I'm cool with that. We started chatting and he was all about hyped shoes all the time. What he wanted, what he has, his "connect", etc. And the guy's always wearing random runners I couldn't even tell you what they are (random Nikes and NMDs). So he's all about collecting and probably reselling. I basically stopped talking to him; just the gym nod.

I wear all of my shoes, including to the gym; I don't care. He's probably thinking...how can you wear those and depreciate the value, while he's storing all kinds of kicks at home and wearing none of them.

The way you did it

200w.gif

I was walking into Whole Foods yesterday and I saw some college kid wearing the Shattered Backboards. I’d never seen a pair in the wild before.

As I was walking by I pointed to his shoes and said “Shattered Boards?”

He looked at me and replied, “What?”

”Your shoes, Shattered Backboards right? Nice shoes!”

He was like “Uh, yeah…..righttt. Thanks.”

He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about.

Kid’s walking around in a pair of $1500 shoes that I’ve dreamed about owning for years and he doesn’t even know what they are.

…there is no god.

I get compliments on shoes and normally have short convos with people about them and it's not a thing.

I've complimented people and had no issues.

Maybe it's the way that you're looking at them for 10 minutes before approaching them and looking like this

1696364395921.gif

I get compliments on shoes and normally have short convos with people about them and it's not a thing.

I've complimented people and had no issues.

Maybe it's the way that you're looking at them for 10 minutes before approaching them and looking like this

1696364395921.gif
That gif is a completely inaccurate depiction of how I was looking at him and frankly...I don't appreciate it.

This is how it looked.

...completely harmless.

silence.gif

He was a Lib so be happy he didn't know what he had. If he did he would.beg you for loan forgiveness and Soros checks.

Back
Top Bottom