• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Man they seeing over 1000% on ROI [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Quality better be on par with at least the new molds.

What you expect for under 200 bucks doe??? :nerd:

Well here's the thing, the original banned mold was one of a kind. Definitely shorter and squattier looking. Panels were totally different shapes than any other AJ1.

Assuming if they were to come backthey would be using the new remastered mold, it's fair to say the 2011 will still hold a unique place for me in the collection.

I was very against the idea of Nike rereleasing black/red 1's again in OG form but if they really do release regardless I'm copping.

If they do "rerelease" banneds, many people have always found the red x on the back unflattering. Even though the leather will be softer and the shoe will be higher cut the demand for the 2013 black/red 1's will go up :nerd:

Last edited:
Assuming if they were to come backthey would be using the new remastered mold, it's fair to say the 2011 will still hold a unique place for me in the collection.

Yes. The original is usually always better. The first run of Eggplant Foam's, the first run of Gucci 1's, the first run of Beijing 1's, etc.

The first is always the first. That being said, I really don't think they are dropping again. I think it's just the remastered Black/Red's. We will see though.

Yes. The original is usually always better. The first run of Eggplant Foam's, the first run of Gucci 1's, the first run of Beijing 1's, etc.

The first is always the first. That being said, I really don't think they are dropping again. I think it's just the remastered Black/Red's. We will see though.

These will def be missing something that the 2011 pair had IF they are to rerelease again. I could see only red laces coming with them instead of three pairs of laces (red,black and white)

The leather is the only thing that sets the Banneds apart... I'd easily trade my pairs for regular breds if they had the same quality leather
I mean does anyone here actually prefer all the Xs and "imagine if" stuff on the Banneds?

Last edited:
These will def be missing something that the 2011 pair had IF they are to rerelease again. I could see only red laces coming with them instead of three pairs of laces (red,black and white)

I agree. Usually they do something different. It's not quite the same.

Sounds like I might be one of the only guys that actually likes the X on the banneds. It was actually what prompted me to buy them back when they dropped. Being Straight Edge they felt like a must with those X's haha. I didn't even know quality was on point till they arrived.

That said, Banneds have been done. Don't re-release non OG colorways that were a special thing. That really takes away something special from being a sneaker collector. And I'm not just saying that cause I already own them. I never got frags, but I don't think they should see a release again either. Only thing that should be retroed is original colorways, not unique one offs. And it's not just about re-sell value, it's about being a sneaker collector and putting in work to get a special release. Keep dropping them and there's nothing special about them anymore.

Sounds like I might be one of the only guys that actually likes the X on the banneds. It was actually what prompted me to buy them back when they dropped. Being Straight Edge they felt like a must with those X's haha. I didn't even know quality was on point till they arrived.

That said, Banneds have been done. Don't re-release non OG colorways that were a special thing. That really takes away something special from being a sneaker collector. And I'm not just saying that cause I already own them. I never got frags, but I don't think they should see a release again either. Only thing that should be retroed is original colorways, not unique one offs. And it's not just about re-sell value, it's about being a sneaker collector and putting in work to get a special release. Keep dropping them and there's nothing special about them anymore.

Agreed times a thousand

I agree with you in actually liking the "X" on the back. As for not re-releasing one offs, I usually agree, though who doesn't like an additional chance to obtain a collectors item one might've missed out on in the past, but with the way the Banned's released in the first place, I wonder if Nike/JB originally planned to release them in a more traditional fashion but had some form of manufacturing/production hiccup that caused them to go straight to outlets. And it's that's the case, based on the fact that Nike/JB is company trying to make money, and the fact that the Banned's originally released only through outlets, with the speculation that they were B-grades of some fashion, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they released them in a more traditional fashion this time around. Especially since it's officially been 30 years since the AJ1 released as of Sept 2015, so it could be some sore of commemorative thing this time around.

Chilly but beautiful day in NYC. Had to un-DS something real quick.

Just in case anyone near a shiekh wants laser 1s...I saw them for 129 today with 25 percent off. Almost copped but I just got LA1s.

The leather is the only thing that sets the Banneds apart... I'd easily trade my pairs for regular breds if they had the same quality leather
I mean does anyone here actually prefer all the Xs and "imagine if" stuff on the Banneds?

They are both different in their own ways. Would you love your children any different from each other?

LPU...tempted to pick up the Cyber Monday's jus for the heck of it. But anywhos next on the hit list is NYC's and Dave Whites and hopefully Black/White OG's from last year.

I agree with you in actually liking the "X" on the back. As for not re-releasing one offs, I usually agree, though who doesn't like an additional chance to obtain a collectors item one might've missed out on in the past, but with the way the Banned's released in the first place, I wonder if Nike/JB originally planned to release them in a more traditional fashion but had some form of manufacturing/production hiccup that caused them to go straight to outlets. And it's that's the case, based on the fact that Nike/JB is company trying to make money, and the fact that the Banned's originally released only through outlets, with the speculation that they were B-grades of some fashion, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they released them in a more traditional fashion this time around. Especially since it's officially been 30 years since the AJ1 released as of Sept 2015, so it could be some sore of commemorative thing this time around.

There was actually another version they made samples of that had a thick black X. If they see a need to do a proper release of these they should just do that black X version. I think they had Jump Mans too instead of Nike Air, they actually looked pretty crappy, but it makes for sense to release something different than putting out the same limited release again. I'd honestly feel bad for the people that paid $1000+ for the 2011's. It's part of sneaker collecting, but Im sure most people that paid high resale on these didn't see them ever getting another release.

LPU...tempted to pick up the Cyber Monday's jus for the heck of it. But anywhos next on the hit list is NYC's and Dave Whites and hopefully Black/White OG's from last year.

Grab the black and whites first. Dave whites seem stagnant at price. Cybers are too good to pass up. Congrats on securing these joints.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom