Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
can someone explain to me why on the recent 1s the black portions of 'leather' is trash quality, feels synthetic (only exception I can think of is frags, CM, and black/ white)  ...where white leather is usually really soft and very nice for a jordan...cant think of any recent 1s where the white leather wasnt what I would consider well above average...especially for js....dont understand it..??

dont get me wrong I love all my 1s but I just wish my breds, backboards, and chicagos had nice leather on the WHOLE shoe (like UNCs for example) 

I would still cop even if we were still getting 2013 quality on 1s...just dosent make sense to me why a shoe like chis or backboards would have really nice quality leather...except for the black 'leather'

Last edited:

Looking To Condition Leather On Your 1's Fella's?

Baseball Glove Oil :wink:

Use Sparingly, A Tiny Bit On A Towel Goes A Long Way!

I Use It To Treat All My '85's A Couple Times Each Year

Thank Me Later :nthat:

Pray for me on reverse SBB and Top 3s please FAM. I can't cry anymore! Living in South Australia makes life miserable at times. Hope u all eat if I don't tho..best of luck fam

I tried wiping it off, but it comes back. The paint/dye isn't bleeding or anything, so it looks like it's just a stubborn coating. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm getting kinda tight.

I've learned from the 80-90,s.To never put any type of leather conditioners on my shoes.I don't care how many people on NT do it.Ife seen people ruin brand new shoes by doing that.I will never risk damaging a brand new pair of shoes.I rather take my chances doing that.While beating them up.The only way im putting anything on my shoes.Is if I'm restoring them in the future with some Angelus.Never spray or put anything on your shoes fresh out the box.Because it's going to change the texter of the leather/material in some type of way.There made to be worn.If you don't want them getting damaged.Dont wear them in rain,snow,bad weather etc.And clean them every so often.They shouldn't be tampered with.Unless if your restoring them.Cats out here ruining DS banners 1,s that haven't been worn yet.Ive done it with cheaper shoes in the past.So i wouldn't never chance using conditioner on Jotdans.Especially not 1,s.Yall think its benefiting the shoes by putting that crap on it.It changes the texter of the material.Even if you don't see it.

I've learned from the 80-90,s.To never put any type of leather conditioners on my shoes.I don't care how many people on NT do it.Ife seen people ruin brand new shoes by doing that.I will never risk damaging a brand new pair of shoes.I rather take my chances doing that.While beating them up.The only way im putting anything on my shoes.Is if I'm restoring them in the future with some Angelus.Never spray or put anything on your shoes fresh out the box.Because it's going to change the texter of the leather/material in some type of way.There made to be worn.If you don't want them getting damaged.Dont wear them in rain,snow,bad weather etc.And clean them every so often.They shouldn't be tampered with.Unless if your restoring them.Cats out here ruining DS banners 1,s that haven't been worn yet.Ive done it with cheaper shoes in the past.So i wouldn't never chance using conditioner on Jotdans.Especially not 1,s.Yall think its benefiting the shoes by putting that crap on it.It changes the texter of the material.Even if you don't see it.
Can you repeat that , this time in English?

I had an appointment to get to, so I'll try again later. I've use crep protect before and this has never happened. The red seems fine though. It's only the black that's like this. Hopefully I can get it off when I get home or I might have to paint over it :smh:

I might try a vinyl/tire treatment, bc it seems like it faded, but didn't? Idk if that makes sense. It looks fine when wet, but when it dries up its faded. Maybe leather conditioner? Idk I'm getting tight.

Back
Top Bottom