• Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Some people buy shoes and never wear them
It's their money they can do as they please
But for me, I buy to wear
Yeah it's nice to look at some DS shoes every once in awhile
That's why you double up on shoes you really love

Haters gotta hate when you don't like things the same way they do. It's juvenile but a fact of life. I was just trying to let anyone know who is similar to me but all I got was hate. Oh well what can you do?

IMG_4427.jpg
IMG_4425.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4426.jpg
MWg8sz0.gif

i'm reading this bruh, where the pics

Had them shipped to my girls place since I'm out of state for work right now. Had her snap a few pics. Think she did an alright job for ya. Also, love the Change GIF

Different strokes for different folks?

I'm the type that wear all my kicks but I can see how some cats like to enjoy the kicks without having them on feet. It's a collectible for them and collectors like to keep things in "mint" condition.

The comparison to cars made earlier is only valid for retail prices shoes. Yes if it's a Toyota Camry (not hating on camrys just using as example) then it can have some miles on it but still be considered a new car. But if it's a Porsche or Ferrari then there's no way Im buying one with 168 miles on it unless it's heavily discounted.

In the end let dudes do whatever they want with their shoes for crying out loud, I mean they bought it so...

Different strokes for different folks?

I'm the type that wear all my kicks but I can see how some cats like to enjoy the kicks without having them on feet. It's a collectible for them and collectors like to keep things in "mint" condition.

The comparison to cars made earlier is only valid for retail prices shoes. Yes if it's a Toyota Camry (not hating on camrys just using as example) then it can have some miles on it but still be considered a new car. But if it's a Porsche or Ferrari then there's no way Im buying one with 168 miles on it unless it's heavily discounted.

In the end let dudes do whatever they want with their shoes for crying out loud, I mean they bought it so...

And it's a forum for a reason. Not everyone is going to agree with one view point or another and I'm gonna sit back and enjoy replying to these investment posts.

If you are gonna be a baller then at least be smart enough to buy from a source where you can actually see pictures of the product that you are purchasing instead of a stock photo. That's just common sense 101 :lol:

Last edited:
Royals price went up a bit looks like. Maybe the lull is gone even after the minimal NDC restock last week.

why can't they be an investment though, look how much beat up 85 1's go for, I can see it being an investment especially if you're a collector, because you might not plan on wearing them and that increases the value

why can't they be an investment though, look how much beat up 85 1's go for, I can see it being an investment especially if you're a collector, because you might not plan on wearing them and that increases the value

Honestly, it's no issue with that. Some people want to invest. Some people want to have to wear.

Investing just means you really have to have pics of what you are buying. I just grow tired of the investors complaining about perfection :lol:

Some sneakers are an investment, especially the ones we're talking about all across this forum (maybe not so much the chuck taylors you buy from rack room). Even if you wear them. I splurged on 1994 Chicago 1s for $500 with OG all, 100% stars, barely any wear or yellowing. I've worn them probably a dozen times and I know that if I needed to, I could probably still get $450+ for them. That's what I try to explain to my friends and family that aren't into sneakers like I am - yes, I may spend a few hundred on a pair, but they still hold their value and if I wanted to I could get that money back. I've resold some hype shoes too and I've taken some losses, too.

i mean if you want to treat sneakers as a commodity its your prerogative. It took me awhile to buy shoes id actually wear instead of buying shoes just to say I have them but i dont consider myself a "collector" any more. that lifestyle and mindset took up way too much brain space in retrospect. Im okay with appreciating a shoe for its aesthetics and its history and its "value" from a distance if i dont plan on wearing it. sneaker market is way to volatile for me to get heavily invested in investing. whats hot today can be bricks tomorrow. and moving high value kicks is an absolute pain.

Back
Top Bottom