Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
People really can't have discussions in this thread anymore huh? I was just saying I passed on those and haven't had any 2nd thoughts about changing my mind, I don't know why you took it as more than that.

But I was replying to someone who asked what sleeping meant... you arent sleeping on these or the other pairs you didnt care for because you straight up dont want them and apparently never will. I just dont know why you felt the need to reply to my comment G, lol.

Gym reds are sleepers IMO. Even more so than SI's, ROTY's, and the upcoming red/black/sail outline 1s coming out next year, because there's no gimmick to the Gym Reds.

Last edited:
But I was replying to someone who asked what sleeping meant... you arent sleeping on these or the other pairs you didnt care for because you straight up dont want them and apparently never will. I just dont know why you felt the need to reply to my comment G, lol.

Gym reds are sleepers IMO. Even more so than SI's, ROTY's, and the upcoming red/black/sail outline 1s coming out next year, because there's no gimmick to them.

SI, ROTY, and the 2020 outlines are gimmicks though. Just chiming in.

Exactly, sorry my sentence didnt read correctly. thanks for pointing that out!

Also, my 2nd pair of Gym reds are LOT less shiny, which it seems is luck of the draw on that coating they did (which is actually a good thing in terms of durability over time)

Solid mail day :nthat:
516E8965-8E43-4F09-8D13-4E231834B3C5.jpeg

I like the Si's and the gym reds..

So I guess I'm weird.. :tongue:

:edit (rather than dbl post)
Just picked up another pear of gym reds, so this is next on my job list..
Not sure what to do with the tongue tag at the mo.. might do a swap with some triple blacks.
rap1a.jpg

Last edited:
So one, “gimmick” has a negative connotation. Anyone hearing that word thinks sneaky and/or deceitful. But two, what makes these any more of a “gimmick” than any other colorway? Does a pair have to be an OG to not be considered a “gimmick?” Couldn’t the SBB (all of them) be considered “gimmicks” then? The Unions? Travs? All-Stars? 2011 Banneds? Frags? Hell, a pair based off of his college colors could be a “gimmick” (UNCs) with this rationale. I don’t subscribe to the notion that some pairs are “gimmicks” separate from other pairs, as every pair that ever releases is made in an effort to convince us to buy it. Be it by way of colors, color blocking, special details, alleged story/narrative inspiration, materials, etc.

The word gimmick does have a bad vibe around it on here even though it's not always a negative thing..
Everything has a gimmick from candy bars to cars.. It's just marketing..
You could class anything that deviates from the original physical design as a 'gimmick shoe'.. Unions, TS's, OW's and NFR's are obvious examples but you can stretch that wherever you like.. Jumpman 1s, premiums, straps and loads more all have a 'gimmick'..
I wouldn't buy something just because it has a story or some gimmickery if I didn't like it.. That's silliness..

Gym reds are sleepers IMO. Even more so than SI's, ROTY's, and the upcoming red/black/sail outline 1s coming out next year, because there's no gimmick to the Gym Reds.

I was adding in to that conversation that not everyone will turn around on these, some will ( 0takusamsay 0takusamsay I'm looking your way...:lol:)

Some of us may be passing for other reasons. These gym reds are pretty decent, but I already have enough red/black/white shoes. When I get to wear a pair of 1s, I just don't think I would reach for these over the 4 or 5 others that are similar.

Definitely a shoe worth having. cant go wrong and leather will dull after wear i'm sure. just too many 1s to have now not really a need getting stuff your not interested in. Have to be selective or youll be a fool chasing every one that drop plus every other shoe you like that release

Back
Top Bottom