• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20221207_145315.jpg

That’s true. They don’t care about history or lore. It’s not like when we was coming up and somebody might say my favorite Jordan’s are 6s because MJ won his first chip in those.

They care about what their peers like and what other teens on Tik Tok says is cool, oh and Travis Scott and the Kylie Jenner. They are very much about their here, and now. And they move on quickly

Them 88s came out a decade ago. A lot has changed in the hype cycle for the core sneaker buying demo (kids with disposable income) since then.

If I showed my college students a pair of FR3 and WC3 and asked them to tell me the difference, their answer would be “idk, red?” . These the same kids who come in like they walking on clouds when they got on any 4s, or Panda Dunks, or Tom Sachs

Every time somebody asks why y’all think these will be impossible, it always seems to come from some 30+ year old nostalgia that these kids just don’t have. That lore y’all leaning on means nothing to them. AT ALL. Michael Jordan is an athlete their dads and uncles worship. So I need to hear a better argument than MJ mythology for why y’all think ima have to battle teenagers for these. Or why these will be impossible when 3s not in their current hype cycle. At all

Once again, not saying copping any sneaker is going to be a walk in the park these days, but y’all kind of being outrageous with the predictions on these because of your emotional connection to them
All that matters to these kids is the resell price, the masses don’t give a damn about Nostalgia :lol:
Yep and, again, many will consider these vintage looking WC3s a “poor man’s AMM 3s” just like Mochas were considered a “poor man’s TS 1s”

Yep and, again, many will consider these vintage looking WC3s a “poor man’s AMM 3s” just like Mochas were considered a “poor man’s TS 1s”

I can rock with this, more than anything connected to MJ lore with these kids. Do I believe it 100%? No.

But it’s the most plausible case I’ve heard so far as for why kids would suddenly be going crazy in the streets for a pair of 3s they know nothing about.

I placed my order for the varsity red chenilles on November 30th and it still hasn't shipped yet.

Got another message from Nike today, assuring me that every is a-okay and they're just waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Which doesn't make sense, considering the fact that I talked to a Nike "athlete" on the phone three days ago who said FedEx had picked up the package, but just hadn't entered into their system yet. She seemed very credible...coming from whatever call center sweat shop in South America she was calling from.

So I don't know if I'm getting these shoes or not.

I guess worse case scenario, I save 170 bucks.

Maybe I get lucky and they deliver them after I get my refund.:emoji_grin:

I placed my order for the varsity red chenilles on November 30th and it still hasn't shipped yet.

Got another message from Nike today, assuring me that every is a-okay and they're just waiting for FedEx to pick it up. Which doesn't make sense, considering the fact that I talked to a Nike "athlete" on the phone three days ago who said FedEx had picked up the package, but just hadn't entered into their system yet. She seemed very credible...coming from whatever call center sweat shop in South America she was calling from.

So I don't know if I'm getting these shoes or not.

I guess worse case scenario, I save 170 bucks.

Maybe I get lucky and they deliver them after I get my refund.:emoji_grin:
ups/ fed ex doesnt always scan every package when making a bulk pick up.
chances are the load was picked up and youll get a scan update once it hits the sorting hub and gets distributed the correct regional route

ups/ fed ex doesnt always scan every package when making a bulk pick up.
chances are the load was picked up and youll get a scan update once it hits the sorting hub and gets distributed the correct regional route
According to Nike, they haven't picked it up yet.

When some of y’all say “well, they’re not on the shelves in the stores at malls,” you’re not living in the present decade. No wonder y’all think everything is hard to get. Everything will be hard for you if you don’t adapt to the times. For those of us living in 2022, we understand what “won’t be THAT hard” means. It’ll be easier than Lost & Founds. Meaning, if you do a bunch of raffles & SNKRS, you’ll have a good chance at getting at least one. And if you strike out, resale won’t be much above retail. In 2022, that is what most of us consider “not that hard.” It’s in context of the present day reality, not some 1990s fantasy some of y’all still stuck in.

They aren’t even the same color. The Mocha and TS1 were in the same spectrum.

One is actually an OG color way the mochas aren’t hence it can be called a poor man’s TS another non OG color way.

I mean I think youth are kinda off base sometimes but I don’t think they stretch it that far.

Also y’all military 4 people need to stop it…. The boat has sailed stop thinking everyone wants those. Then again a chick got AMM4’s for em.

Cash on top is funny too

Hey trying to liquidate them Yeezys low key

0CB640EB-99E0-4842-A41A-3E8CB7D00DDE.jpeg

I can’t speak for everyone but being in the military makes it harder to grab kicks for sure. I’m going back to Fort Hood (Killeen), TX in about a month. Last time I was there was in 2015. At the time, there was one mall with your typical shoe stores. Those were the only shoe stores in the entire city. Fort Hood is one of the biggest military bases so you can only imagine how hard it is trying to get shoes. That’s not to mention that at the time, any semi-limited shoes weren’t even releasing there. I’ll probably have to be more selective and pay resell or make a trip to Austin, Houston, Dallas just to have a chance :frown:

I sold my receipt from the lost and founds on ebay :lol: was only lunch money but after paying resale I'll take it

**** it who needs a lost and found box lol
Should’ve kept the fake receipt with the box! Sold my box & packaging for $50 + shipping :pimp:

**** sold so quick was probably underpriced.:lol:

I see the White/Cement 3 debate up in here, and it's comical when the majority of y'all talk about, the puttin in work talk. That only goes for certain people like us, that are in the loop on message boards, YouTube, ig, and other people that are deeply into shoes.

The average consumer who has a regular life, with responsibilities and a family, isn't worried about having a part time job just to be able to buy shoes. Buying shoes today, being the part time job lol.

A few years ago when everything changed, as far as shoes being sold mostly online. It turned ALOT of OG buyers away from the current rat race of how we buy shoes today. Believe it or not, resale is the new retail for the majority of the people out here.

Everybody isn't entering 20 to 80 raffles, with 4 to 10 phones on shoe apps on release day, while praying and hoping to only get 1 or 2 pairs of a shoe lol. I knew all of this was a problem when one of my friends had 4 phones out, with multiple raffle entries, only to strike out against bots, and local resellers at the store.

Then on the other hand, we had a different friend who only used 1 phone on SNKRS, while never entering raffles, and he hit 5 times straight on the app, one of them being the Travis Scott 6,s. Everybody can keep arguing about it being about the person putting in work, but it's actually just a lottery system, in which some people just get more luckier than others.

I truly believe that it's predominantly based off of location though. I don't care what anybody says, i think alot of it has to do with where you live/stay at. I compared the people who won or lost more times on the SNKRS app. Let's say that the people who won more shoes lived in well to do affluent neighborhoods/areas.

That was me asking different people that I know of, who were buying off of the SNKRS app, and comparing where they stayed at, and who won more times than the others.

Like I mentioned earlier, I’ll be moving back to a small town and I’m already dressing that WC3 release. 3 is definitely my favorite Jordan but I don’t think I’ve hit on one that I’ve really wanted since the True Blue back in 2011 and even then, I was deployed and my wife actually copped that one while she was in FL visiting her Mom. That release gonna be hell for me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom