Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Got a pair for me and my lady, awaiting delivery on monday (12 OCT). 

Question to ALL: worth copping another pair? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Glad you got your pair! I'm actually surprised I got a pair online because the younger crowd would be all over them and be gone within minutes. Good thing most were at school otherwise I wouldn't have a pair. Still on the fence on getting another pair from FNL. The real test would be tomorrow if I cop UNC 1's...if those sell out then I can probably buy another pair of Royal 1 lows from FNL (if they still have them by tomorrow). 

royal colorway is :nthat: ;  wearing jeans with these is pretty much  aesthetically the same as the highs. $300 more for just 15% more leather no thank you

I agree. I love that Royal CW.. and with jeans, these lows are way more comfortable. (Than highs w/ jeans.)

I felt kind of cheated by the materials on these but I kept telling myself...."I'll probably never own the highs because of the prices and....who cares, they're still nice." Haha.  The blue part really does crease weird and does feel cheap but like it was said above...$300 more for 15% more leather?? No thanks.  I have a feeling that those that slept on these will regret it in the long run (if they don't already own the highs)

I have to disagree about these looking the same as highs when worn with jeans (maybe unless you're wearing some loose jeans).  I have low and high 1s and the highs just have this aesthetic that can't be matched by the low silhouette.  I like the lows in their own unique way, but they don't even come close to the highs.

I'd like to get the royal lows but can't seem to pull the trigger since I already have the 2013 highs.  Maybe as a consolation purchase if I strike out on the UNC 1's tomorrow morning

Really is a nice touch. But makes no sense to me why the bred lows didn't come with the OG box.
No sense at all.. And the US version of Chicagos get the NA box while the overseas the gets the 30th anniversary box. In that case does anyone know if the overseas version of the royal lows come with the NA box?
Overseas pairs of the Royal 1 lows also came in the OG box, or at least they did here in the Philippines.

Last edited:

I have to disagree about these looking the same as highs when worn with jeans (maybe unless you're wearing some loose jeans).  I have low and high 1s and the highs just have this aesthetic that can't be matched by the low silhouette.  I like the lows in their own unique way, but they don't even come close to the highs.

I'd like to get the royal lows but can't seem to pull the trigger since I already have the 2013 highs.  Maybe as a consolation purchase if I strike out on the UNC 1's tomorrow morning
Same. I love low tops in general, but I felt guilty in the thought of grabbing the royal lows when I have the beloved Highs.

I was not able to get online on RD since I had a meeting at Work at that time and nobody wanted to reschedule so I already taken the L but was able to grab one yesterday at NDC. Can't wait for Monday to get them. Since I was able to get them, I'll pass on the UNC cuz I don't want to be on the dog house with wifey for buying 2 sneakers in one week.

Last edited:
Do you guys know if the leather width wise stretches a little on the lows ? My 8.5 is too long but my sz 8 is perfect length wise but a little tight width wise
mean.gif

I need a sz 8.25 lol
Awwww damnit, I'm waiting on my size 8.5 to arrive. Do you typically wear an 8.5? It's kinda funny, cuz come to think of it, a lot of the on-foot images I've seen prior to buying had some noticeable slack on the person's heel lol.

Is everyone noticing too much room in theirs?

Order from Kix Square came in today, I am definitely feeling these. I just wish my right shoe didn't fit so narrow, left shoes perfect fit though
eyes.gif

This is the heel space I have with my toes pushed all the way forward. (Sz 8 if it matters)
Looks good on feet!

I'm seeing a lot of on feet pictures of these with a lot of heel space.  Maybe it's the shape of the shoe?  

Did you stay TTS or go 1/2 size down? I have the Black/Red lows from this year in my true size with no heel problems.

Order from Kix Square came in today, I am definitely feeling these. I just wish my right shoe didn't fit so narrow, left shoes perfect fit though
eyes.gif

This is the heel space I have with my toes pushed all the way forward. (Sz 8 if it matters)
Wow. I'm not sure how everyone else likes their shoe to fit, but that might be too much slack for me. I don't like feeling my feet wiggle too much inside of shoe. Appreciate you putting that pic up.

Looks good on feet!

I'm seeing a lot of on feet pictures of these with a lot of heel space.  Maybe it's the shape of the shoe?  

Did you stay TTS or go 1/2 size down? I have the Black/Red lows from this year in my true size with no heel problems.
Thanks!
I know what you mean, I was thinking the same thing.
I went 1/2 size down.

Wow. I'm not sure how everyone else likes their shoe to fit, but that might be too much slack for me. I don't like feeling my feet wiggle too much inside of shoe. Appreciate you putting that pic up.
Yeah its just personal preference. I like my toebox to be a little roomy. These feel fine to me though while wearing thicker socks.

Saw these in person some of the worst quality leathers ever
Are they leather or are they pleather like the breds?

I got this in an 11.5 on the way from FL but they're going right back regardless as I unexpectedly picked up the UNCs today and I cant justify both

I got the royal pair today and I got a size 10 bc I got a 10.5 in bred colorway and was too big for me. Leathers to me seem the same tho.

Back
Top Bottom