Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

I personally feel that of all the retros released as part of a cdp, the only two shoes worth noting are the carmine vi's and the hare vii's. Everything might as well be a "nu retro" or a retro.5 considering how poor the quality was for each shoe. Cdp bred xi's are no different. I personally don't consider them to be a "real pair" of xi's. Tha'ts just me though.

The XIII's and XVI's were pretty decent, but I get your point overall.  Around that period is really when the decline in JB quality was most noticeable.
what's sad is that EVERY shoe that was released in the CDP and is re-releasing is WORSE quality than the cdp ( 3s, 4s, 5s )

cant agree. XI cant be worse than the CDP XI. shape alone >>>>>>>>>
The CDP Vs came preyellowed
CDP III leather wasnt as good as the 2011 leather
People hated the banana shape IV and how ashy they were. now they mad at the material... its a wash on these two.
2010 or so retro IX was better quality than CDP IX also

eh.. wasn't feeling the shiny midsole on the 2011 3s. Them ashy larry black friday 4s are hideous so i'd take the CDP over those too. and i'd gladly take the 5s over those heinsenberg blue 5s coming out in january. Guess agree to disagree

You stated the CDP had better quality, but ur only stating ur dislikes with the appearances of the newer retros. Not the quality. I had every pack except 1/22, and I gotta say all of em were booty. The 10/13, maybe 16 were just ok. The III's cracked immediately, my '11 retro 3's look DS after 6-8 wears. IV's paint peeled off like a lottery ticket, and the '12 retro 4's have been best quality 4's since '04 (excluding Fire Reds). I'd agree the CDPs had more of an og looked, but no comparison quality wise.

I personally feel that of all the retros released as part of a cdp, the only two shoes worth noting are the carmine vi's and the hare vii's. Everything might as well be a "nu retro" or a retro.5 considering how poor the quality was for each shoe. Cdp bred xi's are no different. I personally don't consider them to be a "real pair" of xi's. Tha'ts just me though.

The XIII's and XVI's were pretty decent, but I get your point overall.  Around that period is really when the decline in JB quality was most noticeable.
what's sad is that EVERY shoe that was released in the CDP and is re-releasing is WORSE quality than the cdp ( 3s, 4s, 5s )

cant agree. XI cant be worse than the CDP XI. shape alone >>>>>>>>>
The CDP Vs came preyellowed
CDP III leather wasnt as good as the 2011 leather
People hated the banana shape IV and how ashy they were. now they mad at the material... its a wash on these two.
2010 or so retro IX was better quality than CDP IX also

eh.. wasn't feeling the shiny midsole on the 2011 3s. Them ashy larry black friday 4s are hideous so i'd take the CDP over those too. and i'd gladly take the 5s over those heinsenberg blue 5s coming out in january. Guess agree to disagree

You stated the CDP had better quality, but ur only stating ur dislikes with the appearances of the newer retros. Not the quality. I had every pack except 1/22, and I gotta say all of em were booty. The 10/13, maybe 16 were just ok. The III's cracked immediately, my '11 retro 3's look DS after 6-8 wears. IV's paint peeled off like a lottery ticket, and the '12 retro 4's have been best quality 4's since '04 (excluding Fire Reds). I'd agree the CDPs had more of an og looked, but no comparison quality wise.

I guess thats what I meant. you're right the paint came off just cleaning the cdp 5s smh

I'm not new to the sneaker game, but can someone please explain to me why prices keep going up? I know everything is going up, but at least the quality could go up. The "Raptor 7" that just came out looked like garbage and fetched $160 retail. 

The answer is quite simple:

in China:
- there was a law passed several years ago that labour wages must increase every year by at least around 10% or more
- in order to get good workes you need to pay a premium on the average labour price as well, since you need skilled workers
- Factory leases increase every year, since there is a feudal land lord system, just like in France in the 18th century (right before the french revolution) which allows the land lord to increase the lease whenever he feels like it
- Steel prices (needed for the moulding) have increased drastically
- other raw material prices for the goods have increased as well
- electricity and power have increased as well

I can understand if we all demand a better quality, but in the 90s, when the quality was great, the workers born in the 60s and 70s were on the assembly line and they had to work real hard to feed their families that lived up in Northern China. The grew up with no technology or internet, so they were skilled in non technological jobs. Today the 80s and 90s are sitting on the assembly line and they are the so called first internet generation, so they have different things in their minds other than assembling shoes and therefore the quality is going down, although the price is going up, sadly. Another point is alos, that China tries to move more into the service industry, since the workers literally do not get their hands dirty as much as they do in manufacturing. I am sure 99% of the peope on this Forum have not been to the "real China" (Shanghai, Beijing and and Hong Kong are not typical China) and you can only know how it really is there, if you have experienced it and I mean the manufacturing industry down south, where 450.000.000 million people live and work and pollution is somewhat unknown.

I will try to buy online, this shoe is Jordan IMO.

If I don't get them, I'll get the murder foams or wait till the royal 1s drop.

I agree on the V's.  I don't want any part of that crap releasing next year.  Completely butchered a classic.  That blue sole works on a shoe like the Oly VI's, but it looks awful on V's.  I'll just hit eBay and take my chances on some 99's.

The IVs are a wash depending on how the midsole holds up on the 2012's but the lack of durabuck is very disappointing, especially when the Black/Red VII's used some form of durabuck.

I like the leather on the III's, but I need to go and scoop some Krylon matte spray that another NTer recommended to dull out the shiny midsole.

I agree on the V's.  I don't want any part of that crap releasing next year.  Completely butchered a classic.  That blue sole works on a shoe like the Oly VI's, but it looks awful on V's.  I'll just hit eBay and take my chances on some 99's.

The IVs are a wash depending on how the midsole holds up on the 2012's but the lack of durabuck is very disappointing, especially when the Black/Red VII's used some form of durabuck.

I like the leather on the III's, but I need to go and scoop some Krylon matte spray that another NTer recommended to dull out the shiny midsole.

Haha oh how people haven't got any idea of how the grapes will look next year with that blue sole (not clear).

Thinking the same for my BCIII's from last year, strip and re-paint is in order

the thirst is alive in this thread... 

I wonder if there are going to be mass amounts of the Breds like there was of the concords

Call me crazy, but I never been a XI fan. Always like the blk&reds however. Might pass anyway nvr wore my CDPs often + XIII's drop right after.

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_05.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_06.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_04.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_03.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_01.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_02.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_07.jpeg

Air-Jordan_11_Playoffs_08.jpeg

$185 for what?  When JB was releasing the 11's on holidays with the $175 mark up they came with a special box. ****, wasn't the concords retail at $180?? now these breds are $185 but no special box? smh, I'm good with any jordan from 2007 and under. Better quality. If I'm gonna pay extra for nothing, I rather pay extra for a better quality shoe. Just saying....

$185 for what?  When JB was releasing the 11's on holidays with the $175 mark up they came with a special box. ****, wasn't the concords retail at $180?? now these breds are $185 but no special box? smh, I'm good with any jordan from 2007 and under. Better quality. If I'm gonna pay extra for nothing, I rather pay extra for a better quality shoe. Just saying....

You still gonna buy them though. :smokin

^^i'am not 100% sure but i think they're gonna come with the special box just like the past AJ 11 holiday releases

for those sayin they are gonna pass on these

YOU WILL STILL GET THEM WHEN EVERYONE AROUND YOU HAS THEM

Last edited:
Well, at first I too was kind of heated about not having the special 11 box, but it just kind of went passed me... I mean that extra 5$ i thought was going to the box but i guess not. I mean you are wearing the shoes not the box.

People frontin like the box will hold them back one way or the other...

JB could ship these in plastic bags, with with no shoe trees, and unlaced for $200 and they would sell out just as fast

Just cuz they're XI's

this thread is 130 pages and will continue to grow but come on guys are we still not over the DAMN BOX ISSUE :smh: :smh: :smh: every time I come back to this thread...I can honestly say I have read more POSTS ABOUT THE BOX than the SHOE itself...we should just start a new thread "JORDAN BOXS ARE WHAT MAKES THE SHOES WORTH BUYING" :x this is just so SAD :lol: what's next a SHOE TREE and BOX LEGIT CHECK??? :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom