Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Once I saw Nike Air on 1's during their Winter preview for the media in September I had a hunch this would follow. Given how they gave us just about every classic in their catalog over the last 3-4 years what better way to do it again than to sell it with Nike Air. Smart move that many won't resist. If the release is online only though the hype will be on new levels.
I was thinking the same!

They need to do the right thing and make these a GR. Point blank.

What?!!! This can't be true... 
eek.gif
 Im coppin

So according to SN, these will come in a special box, commemorative back story of MJ's '88 dunk contest win and a sky high price.

Some folks saying as high as $250.

Online only.

These will be super tough to cop.

http://sneakernews.com/2012/12/26/air-jordan-iii-88-2013-retro-to-feature-nike-air/

*doesnt see anything in the article about a special box or $250 price*

Hypebeast Hughes at it again. I'll wait until the actual facts come out.
:smh:

The want is going to be bad. Hopefully there will be enough to go around. Either way im getting a pair

If these do release I imagine them being somewhat exclusive/limited given the fact that they carry the Nike Air and are to commemorate the slam dunk contest . Meanwhile I'm good with my 2011s

Last edited:
I like how certain people misconstrue the very possibility of a one-time "occurence" of Nike Air branding on one single colorway/model for the "obsoleteness" of the jumpman retro editions...:rolleyes

Aint no way JB is going to just come out of the woodworks with all kinds of Nike Air branding all of a sudden just cuz these are coming out. They obviously pick and choose when/how/and where they wanna "re-debut" their Nike Air models..

Whether or not its a one-off deal, its only a matter of time before the brand starts releasing these models the way they were originally made. at this point, i dont even think its about the money. I dont really know what it is. But, the shoes sell themselves.

Wow I thought I was done with JB but they always find a way to pull you back in. The last shoe I really put effort into was the banned 1s I think this release will bring out the worst in me ha. Hype beast are prepping now. I'm getting these for retail

Wow I thought I was done with JB but they always find a way to pull you back in. The last shoe I really put effort into was the banned 1s I think this release will bring out the worst in me ha. Hype beast are prepping now. I'm getting these for retail

:nthat:

I will try my best to obtain these. 1994 was a long time to wait for the comeback. :wow:

Last edited:
nthat.gif

I will try my best to obtain these. 1994 was a long time to wait for the comeback.
eek.gif
here's a fun fact:

when da black and cement III's were retroed with nike air in 2001, Derick Anderson when he was playing for da Blazers had a P.E. white and cement PE jordan III

pair with nike air. da general public had to wait 2 years later to get em, but we got da jumpman version.

We all know this is what we want.....what better way to kick off the winter of 2013.... starting with the retro 3's with NIKE AIR.  Hopefully they do the same thing they did with the Dave white's and release these twice..and JB Please MAKE PLENTY!!!!  Fellows this is the official test coming from straight from Nike...If a sell out is successful... and it will be... be prepared for all J's 3-6 with NIKE AIR for a nice premium.  They may even throw in a OG box.  Wouldn't be surprised if they test the waters and try to get 175+.  That extra 15-20 is pure profit from a shoe that just dropped 2 years ago.  These guys are the number 1 lurker of our threads!!!

The more thought I give this the more I realize that these won't be that limited.

Before someone gets all excited, I'm not saying they won't be hard to obtain, simply saying these won't be produced in the hyperstrike quantities some may think.

I think it would be foolish, unwise, smart and safe all at the same time if these are online release only though.

For now all we can do is sit back and wait for more solid news.

What better way to commemorate MJ's 1988 Slam Dunk contest win against The Human Highlight Film and celebrate his 50th Birthday at the same time. :smokin So some of you don't run around aimlessly camping in lines.. at least learn some of the history behind the man. BTW if these are indeed releasing to celebrate MJ's 50th birthday I wonder if JB will drop them on the Saturday February 16th since Jordan's birthday is on the 17th?

Last edited:
:nthat:

I will try my best to obtain these. 1994 was a long time to wait for the comeback. :wow:

here's a fun fact:

when da black and cement III's were retroed with nike air in 2001, Derick Anderson when he was playing for da Blazers had a P.E. white and cement PE jordan III

pair with nike air. da general public had to wait 2 years later to get em, but we got da jumpman version.

Appreciate this feedback fam :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom