Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

I can't help but smell another Banned fiasco. Why not just a regular release? **** you JB, seriously *** you! JB is tru hypebeast.

That's prett much how it'll be.....Smh at JB thinking they're doing us a "favor" by releasing a shoe that will skyrocket on Ebay the moment someone is lucky enough to cop online. They throw these little bones at us because most sneakerheads are gullible and have too much emotion invested in their shoes to care about the bigger picture of things...

I just dislike the notion of a "Nike Air" on the back being extra limited, possibly online only, guaranteed $500+ aftermarket pricing, and most people won't have a real chance to rock these when most will be throwing this "special collectible" in their closets to rot for the next 10 years until JB decides to get off their high horse and release their shoes how they ACTUALLY looked like from the 80's till 2001...:smh:

Wow. I knew this would happen. If sales slow down all og colorway jordan 1, 3-6 will rerelease with Nike air. That is their last bullet. They have a bunch to make and lots of different colorways. I don't know how to feel about this yet lol

aw come on they just came out last year. finally able to buy a pair, but couldnt when i was younger.

im on the fence with this. if they also decide to do this for the fire reds next year (along with a lighter shade of elephant print), im in.

Was excited when I saw this on Twitter, but now that I see your info about it being "to honor MJ's 50th birthday and the 88 Dunk Contest" makes me believe it's gonna be some OD limited bull, and it's already tough enough to get some retros as it is.

I bet they're gonna be OD hard to get, and heads are gonna call em the "Dunk Contest 3's"

I'll be excited when samples of 1-6's with Nike Air come out, but for now, I'm assuming the worst and that this is a special edition one time only thing

I have my originals from 88 (worn) and several DS pairs of "Nike Air" 3s from 2001. Carting them through several moves, and taking care to store them, now seems like it was a waste of time. Once these 2013 joints drop, my collection becomes irrelevant. The point of collecting (i.e., having old or rare stuff that nobody has because they're not made any more) is now moot. EVERYTHING is being rereleased. Nothing old is special. Just wait a year and it will be back. I mean, Nike released the 3s last year! Part of why I always liked buying shoes was to have something special that not everyone else had. That has become impossible. What's next? Danny Supa Dunk retros? Eminem Jordan 2s? I'll always buy shoes, but my mindset now is strictly to wear them. Collecting is a total waste of time and money.
investing in kicks isn't a wise move. da smartest position to take when you cop kicks is cuz you like em, not cuz you

trying to be exclusive, cuz once they re-release da sodium levels increase, like you just displayed lowkey.

investing in kicks isn't a wise move. da smartest position to take when you cop kicks is cuz you like em, not cuz you

trying to be exclusive, cuz once they re-release da sodium levels increase, like you just displayed lowkey.

Thank you. JB owes you nothing. There's a thing called the stock market if you want to invest your money.

Why is everyone that owns the '03 version acting like Nike Air is in the back?

In that case, it is not the Nike Air branding (which the 2003 pairs did not have), it was the Quality of the shoe. It had nice, soft leather and you really did not have to worry about paint chipping unlike the CDP's and the 2011 retros. In addition, there is much less padding around the ankle and tongue on the 2011's. I still own two pairs of the 2003 model (one DS and the other I worn over 50 times in good condition) and 2011 pair which is DS. I plan on getting this release although I think the quality will be inferior to the 2003 pair.

I don't have any White Cements, so these would be nice to have.

Anyways, like always.....
Laughing his way to the bank.

I don't have any White Cements, so these would be nice to have.

Anyways, like always.....

View media item 188149

Laughing his way to the bank.
michael-jordan-laughing.gif

Back
Top Bottom