Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Damn if true, resale price going to be too high for my liking ( just for a different logo). If i don't get on NDC....i'll live without.
or just cop the jump man pairs for close to retail. This release makes those pairs obsolete. I'll pay $200 for a pair of 88s but not a lick over. The nike air is not important to me enough to pay more than retail

Ok, so how does it make the jumpman pair obsolete? If you have a jumpman pair, you can't wear them EVER? :lol:. I don't understand that logic. You gotta understand, that phrasing drives the hype machine. So in effect, you're doing this community a small disservice with that man. Unless you're a reseller, ya know? :smh:

Ok, so how does it make the jumpman pair obsolete? If you have a jumpman pair, you can't wear them EVER?
laugh.gif
. I don't understand that logic. You gotta understand, that phrasing drives the hype machine. So in effect, you're doing this community a small disservice with that man. Unless you're a reseller, ya know?
mean.gif
Bruh. I can't even. Just stop. I've been here as long as you have. I know my ****. The Jumpman pairs are becoming obsolete in terms of their VALUE. You're taking it way to literal if you are thinking that you can't wear them ever. Just check the trend in market prices for these. They dropped significantly as soon as the 88s were announced. Stop with that noise. 

And when I said that they are becoming obsolete, I meant that in a good way. Because dudes like myself, who don't give a damn about "Nike Air", can come pairs for close to retail. The way it should be. You're the one getting offended with my statements. So are YOU a reseller. Are YOU hurt because the pairs you picked up are now worth less?

Doing this community a disservice? Right... I'm one of the few ones left who actually keeps it real. 

Last edited:
Ok, so how does it make the jumpman pair obsolete? If you have a jumpman pair, you can't wear them EVER? :lol:. I don't understand that logic. You gotta understand, that phrasing drives the hype machine. So in effect, you're doing this community a small disservice with that man. Unless you're a reseller, ya know? :smh:

If you wear the 2011 pair, I guess you need to make sure you wear jeans so you won't get laughed at :lol:

Ok, so how does it make the jumpman pair obsolete? If you have a jumpman pair, you can't wear them EVER? :lol: . I don't understand that logic. You gotta understand, that phrasing drives the hype machine. So in effect, you're doing this community a small disservice with that man. Unless you're a reseller, ya know? :smh:
Bruh. I can't even. Just stop. I've been here as long as you have. I know my ****. The Jumpman pairs are becoming obsolete in terms of their VALUE. You're taking it way to literal if you are thinking that you can't wear them ever. Just check the trend in market prices for these. They dropped significantly as soon as the 88s were announced. Stop with that noise. 

And when I said that they are becoming obsolete, I meant that in a good way. Because dudes like myself, who don't give a damn about "Nike Air", can come pairs for close to retail. The way it should be. You're the one getting offended with my statements. So are YOU a reseller. Are YOU hurt because the pairs you picked up are now worth less?

Doing this community a disservice? Right... I'm one of the few ones left who actually keeps it real. 

:lol: ok ok, don't kill me man. I wasn't coming at you. Since you put it that way, I'm basically on the same side you're on. I don't care about the Nike Air on the tab either. I wasn't implying that you didn't know what you were talking about. I guess when I read the word obsolete it meant they are no longer of any good use is all. My man, I'm FAR from a reseller. I can't stand them. Guess I just misunderstood you is all.

If you wear the 2011 pair, I guess you need to make sure you wear jeans so you won't get laughed at :lol:

Y'all never gonna let me live that down huh? :rofl:. From now on no more pics from that angle dammit :lol:

For some reason I feel like these aren't all that wanted outside of NT and other sneaker communities. I haven't heard anyone in person even mention these dropping.

:lol: ok ok, don't kill me man. I wasn't coming at you. Since you put it that way, I'm basically on the same side you're on. I don't care about the Nike Air on the tab either. I wasn't implying that you didn't know what you were talking about. I guess when I read the word obsolete it meant they are no longer of any good use is all. My man, I'm FAR from a reseller. I can't stand them. Guess I just misunderstood you is all.
Y'all never gonna let me live that down huh? :rofl:. From now on no more pics from that angle dammit :lol:

Haha its all good. I didn't mean to snap like that, I just hate it when people act like this community isn't an important to me, but its all good. Glad were on the same page

Haha its all good. I didn't mean to snap like that, I just hate it when people act like this community isn't an important to me, but its all good. Glad were on the same page

It's cool man no worries. The community is important to me also but I feel it slipping away slowly. I've worked with resellers (those trying to be on the low and those that don't care if people know, alike) it was so hard to hide my displeasure with their trifling assess sometimes. I think I'll just walk away though and let them have it, like this release :lol:. I still got my '03's in good shape and '11s are still DS and I have TB DS also. I'm not sweating this release by any means.

Man!

I still got my 2011 Ds

And now these drop on my birthday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
What are the odds?

I didnt want em at all, but now i think a playa might have totry just for the simple sake of trying on his bday

Smh keep it the 16th..JB trippin keep movin the date around

JB never announced a date to begin with or that they were moving it around. It's because of fools like you who believe everything you read on the Internet mainly from schmucks like MN who have jouranlism credentials I could wipe my **** with that there's so much confusion. Confirmed with our "source" which amounts to usually someone who might or might not know what's going on.

Last edited:
After reviewing my finances

I'm passing

Buying an engagement ring in Feb

and some Kobe 8's that will actually perform better

Never thought I'd see the day where I choose another sig over Jordans

But I cant keep up with the prices, hype, and poor performance.

lol poor performance. you are talking about buying a shoe designed 25 years ago vs one designed today. I would hope the Kobe 8 performs better on the court. That said, all the performance comparisons are overblown, usually meaningless and always have been, in basketball, running, etc. I won't disagree that there's good reason to move on to other shoes cause of the hype and price of Jordans, but you have to be a knucklehead to whine about the performance of shoes designed 15-25 years ago. This thread has become joker city, with dudes trying to convince themselves and the rest of us why they aren't going to cop. Rationalizing is a baish!

Last edited:
After reviewing my finances

I'm passing

Buying an engagement ring in Feb

and some Kobe 8's that will actually perform better

Never thought I'd see the day where I choose another sig over Jordans

But I cant keep up with the prices, hype, and poor performance.
Realest post I've seen since I've joined this site....

lol poor performance. you are talking about buying a shoe designed 25 years ago vs one designed today. I would hope the Kobe 8 performs better on the court. That said, all the performance comparisons are overblown, usually meaningless and always have been, in basketball, running, etc. I won't disagree that there's good reason to move on to other shoes cause of the hype and price of Jordans, but you have to be a knucklehead to whine about the performance of shoes designed 15-25 years ago. This thread has become joker city, with dudes trying to convince themselves and the rest of us why they aren't going to cop. Rationalizing is a baish!

jordans performance shoes? The fly wade's were jb's best performance shoes recently. But cmon these shoes aren't for the court anymore, its just fashion now.

i seen on fnl twitter someone asked whats up with retro 88 release fnl said 2/1 ? too many differant dates 

Last edited:

My apologies for misusing the word "performance"

I did not mean on the court playing basketball perse.

I meant in wearing them in general.

I can't deal with another heart break like I did with the fire red 4's last year, blk/red 4's last year, the blk/red 13's this year etc.

I dont want to risk the $220 after tax it costs to buy a shoe i'll have to repair after a couple of wears.

Lots of precreased, overglued, and thinly painted products.

I thought back when 3's were 125 6 years ago the price was getting too high. Enough is enough for me at least.

jordans performance shoes? The fly wade's were jb's best performance shoes recently. But cmon these shoes aren't for the court anymore, its just fashion now.

No doubt, but "performance" is just marketing hype. Why do you think Nike has gone to shoes like the Roshe and Free in their running line recently? Studies have proven that more air cushioning, performance materials, etc. (i.e. higher cost) actually result in more injuries, not better performance. I'll take an AM90 over an AM13. Guys can wear a retro and have just as great a game as they do in their 2012 shoes, sacrificing very little if anything. Performance has always been a BS marketing gimmick from Nike and others. It's more about finding shoes that are your style (fit, comfort, etc).

Back
Top Bottom