Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Not the same leather, overall softer cleaner leather than the 2011, better quality, well worth $200 & only 20,000 made, I'm gonna try for a 3rd pair at HoH in Houston Sunday
The leather is crazy nice, I never had a chance to own a pair of the 2011 to compare but if this is how the 2011's looked.. quality-wise, DAMN!

Some people saying same leather some people are saying quality leather.. who is lying ?  
nerd.gif

I dont know what you guys are seeing but its a slightly different leather from i can gather. it doesnt have that shine and is tougher. its extremely similar to the Chicago X leather

it might have a little less shine but i have a DS 2011 and the nike air has the same smell & touch

Last edited:
UPS just left...as someone said earlier, very strong smell... as ColdCity said they are the exact same shoe so now just gotta find that buyer

So many pairs on ebay, its sad.

I really do feel bad for those who really wanted them but missed out.

Help me out here, first we complained that the in store release was just crazy. People getting robbed and even killed over a pair of Jays. We wanted CHANGE, and we got it.

NIKE changed their ways on how to deal with releases. They started doing the RSVP online and in store (even that doesnt work because its rigged). BUT THATS STILL NOT ENOUGH because again, its rigged.

For those who did not get the shoes (and anyone else who wants to reply) how or what should NIKE do different? How do you want them to release a shoe to make it fair?

Is there anything different Nike , Finish line and all the other store can do to stop the purchasing of multiple pairs by one person?

I dont work for any of the mentioned companies above. I simply want to know what you as the shoe buyer want NIke to do. I personally like the online release.

The only logical solution is a preorder/backorder system like EB used to have.

im glad to say i have a pair on the way from fnl thanks to an outstanding member of the nt community. i couldnt get any orders to go thru on fnl and i tried 3 different cc and 2 different paypal accounts, all methods of payment had abundant available funds but i kept getting the problem with payment method message everytime i tried to submit my order. luckily my boy had my back and was able to submit an order for my sz with his cc, needless to say i owe him big time. i live in houston and im hearing there are rumors that the retro 3 88's will release in houston next week, i really hope i can double up or grab an extra pair for my boy who helped me out, i got your back homie.
The guy working at Champs said that Houston stores were getting them...

^ do you own both pairs? In hand? Take pics and show me that the only difference is the NA on the back. If you can't. Your just talking out your butt.

stop ya gifs

cuz hes lying ..

its the same shoes ...no differrence anywhere aside from the butt
Cold, the 88 is better bruh LOL. I mean it's not saying much but it is. The price hike still isn't justified IMO.

Last edited:
Heads up for the 3s in Houston on Sunday February 17, details in link

http://unlocked.footlocker.com/blog/2013/02/08/houston-all-star-week-release-details/

Thats going to be chaotic. Someone got shot and killed for the Bred XI in Houston back in december and that was a GR (RIP). These are Limited... I hope i'm wrong but I can imagine there will be chaos for these even if it's a line just for the tickets. I'm always hearing about that type of stuff in Houston for Jordan Releases. Good luck and be safe to ya'll Houston Nt'ers if you go out there to cop.

Last edited:
It's quality leather given today's standard. It's not the same as the 2011. My friend has the 88's and i have the 2011. The 88 is better.

the 88s have a much tougher leather than the 11s had. after wear these will be much more crease resistant due to the tumbled leather being a split grain instead a thinner single layer of tumbled leather. Nike has been doing this to save money the past few years.

i think the people who are saying this is the exact same shoe as the 11s because they are jaded that it isnt a drastic change that it was between the DMP Bulls 1s and Banned 1s. Trust me, these were made with much more care than the 11s were due to this being a online QS with a limited amount produced as opposed to a widely available GR. But even the 11s were made with quality. I see people with beat pairs all around the Chi with not even so much as 1 paint chip.

So this is what it feels like to miss out on a pair. Like I always get the kicks I want. Always had that luck. Not gonna even lie I was sort of bitter yesterday. 
laugh.gif
 Not so much that I missed out on them, but I had them and Eastbay crushed that. I'd probably be fine if I just saw they were sold out, but to get an order confirmation and to get it cancelled? A mess. 
mean.gif
  Now I'm even starting to question if FNL will ever get their GS size shipment. Sucks when all you want is 1 pair and people are able to cop multiple with ease. Crazy thing after I thought I secured my pair, I looked out for my boy and got through on a 9.5 for him and helped others here secure different size. Who would of known generosity would bite you in the ***? 
laugh.gif
 Ehh what are you gonna do though? Can't be mad, congrats to those who were able to cop.  If anyone can come across a size 6 for a decent amount help a fellow female sneakerhead out,  please? Yeah yeah I know I joined in 2012 (oh no hypebeast alert!) and it's an all boys club and we like to help just our bros out here, but pretty please? We females like kicks too. Thanx :smile:

Back
Top Bottom