:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by toneloc83

I believe some kicks could be used as an investment but that would be a bad example for a shoe used as such.
grin.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by jkim5157

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dude, pretty much EVERY sneaker is being sold above retail MINUTES after release, nevermind years after.  How is that a false prophecy??  Can't you sell almost EVERY OG Jordan for above retail right now, especially if DS? 

Kinda confused at your backwards (non) logic
frown.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

I can share some of my opinions on this issue from experience. I am currently selling my collection now because of financial hardship, but not having much luck, even on some of my deadstock sneakers. It might be a great idea at the moment to buy what's hot and in now, but later down the road most of the sneakers lose their hype and depreciate in value. I am very surprised it was going to be this hard to sell old sneakers that are BRAND NEW. For example, I cannot sell my deadstock Olympic 6's (2008) for the life of me. They were the ones that were multi-colored with the embroidering on the toe box. They were "limited" and retailed at $175. I'm lucky if I get $175 back, but I wouldn't get the tax that I paid for back, which was like $15. Basically I lost money and time. After I experienced this, I realized I have purchased many sneakers that were not flying off my shelves as I would like. But, again, I am dealing with people from craigslist 
indifferent.gif
. freakin' hagglers.
I believe some kicks could be used as an investment but that would be a bad example for a shoe used as such.
grin.gif

F.Y.I. Spizikes were bad investments also...... the only ones worth copping were the first 2 colorways. Be careful which sneakers you decide to invest in.

Originally Posted by DatMezkinBoy

Just a comparison pic of the different color orange laces I found. Neon orange on the right, regular orange on left
2poec92.jpg
i was just asking about this the other day if i should go with the neon orange or regular orange this helped me choose i say the regular orange

I can share some of my opinions on this issue from experience. I am currently selling my collection now because of financial hardship, but not having much luck, even on some of my deadstock sneakers. It might be a great idea at the moment to buy what's hot and in now, but later down the road most of the sneakers lose their hype and depreciate in value. I am very surprised it was going to be this hard to sell old sneakers that are BRAND NEW. For example, I cannot sell my deadstock Olympic 6's (2008) for the life of me. They were the ones that were multi-colored with the embroidering on the toe box. They were "limited" and retailed at $175. I'm lucky if I get $175 back, but I wouldn't get the tax that I paid for back, which was like $15. Basically I lost money and time. After I experienced this, I realized I have purchased many sneakers that were not flying off my shelves as I would like. But, again, I am dealing with people from craigslist 
indifferent.gif
. freakin' hagglers.
grin.gif

F.Y.I. Spizikes were bad investments also...... the only ones worth copping were the first 2 colorways. Be careful which sneakers you decide to invest in.
Spizikes in general have plummeted in price. And those Olympic VIs were hated and considered a slap in the face to the real Olympic VIs when they dropped so im not surprised that they dont sell for 175. Now an example of a good investment would be the Aqua 8s. They were widely available after released and even had multiple restocks. But now, you can find a DS pair for less than 300. The playoff 8s however go for less..you can probably get a DS pair for 225-250

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by AirJaiden

Mine doesn't have that TWENTYTWELVE but everything looks legit. I'm kind of worried though. Help PLEASE!

How?!
Did you look?

& where'd you cop?

I looked every where on the shoe. I copped them form PuddinPopp on this forum. He seems legit as well. Very cool guy to talk to. I just don't know. The quality on these are awesome. Mine just lacks the TWENTYTWELVE. Where exactly do I look? I examined the whole shoe multiple times.

Originally Posted by DatMezkinBoy

Just a comparison pic of the different color orange laces I found. Neon orange on the right, regular orange on left
2poec92.jpg

The dark orange laces look better. Any restocks?

So I just checked my White Cement IV's and it says TWENTYTWELVE on it. Please don't tell me I got scammed. These are really nice to. =[

we all know JB's quality, could just be an error

anything is possible, but I doubt they're even making fakes of this shoe already.
and even if they did, the quality of the Nubuck would probably be a dead giveway.

are you sure you know where to look?
I found it insanely hard to see, but I could feel the ridges with my fingers.

Mine doesn't have that TWENTYTWELVE but everything looks legit. I'm kind of worried though. Help PLEASE!

How?!
Did you look?

& where'd you cop?

I looked every where on the shoe. I copped them form PuddinPopp on this forum. He seems legit as well. Very cool guy to talk to. I just don't know. The quality on these are awesome. Mine just lacks the TWENTYTWELVE. Where exactly do I look? I examined the whole shoe multiple times.

Send them back, you got scammed.
I sold 3 pairs of Cavs and I checked all 3 of them.  All i have the TWENTYTWELVE.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

anything is possible, but I doubt they're even making fakes of this shoe already.
and even if they did, the quality of the Nubuck would probably be a dead giveway.

I kind of felt something along the side of the tongue but I can't see jack! I just checked my white cement and it was clear! I didnt even have to take the laces off to see them. The quality on these is immaculate tho. I just don't want to pay over retail if they are fake. PuddinPopp the guy I bought it from says its a place called Fashion Avenue in NC. Real cool guy btw.

The TWENTYTWELVE is on the left shoe (that's the one I checked) on the left side of the tongue (I assume its on the right too).

It isn't as noticeable like on the WCs, but its there.

Take the laces out and you should see it.

If you don't....

grin.gif
Idk...
And great 'on feet' pic waverder bro!

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lockdown36

How?!
Did you look?

& where'd you cop?

Send them back, you got scammed.
I sold 3 pairs of Cavs and I checked all 3 of them.  All i have the TWENTYTWELVE.
Fakes already. Look harder my friend. Its gotta be there.

mines arrived via ups this afternoon / this looks very nice first time I seen them in person/ now gotta look for some blue laces haha

Originally Posted by apthekid

Dude, pretty much EVERY sneaker is being sold above retail MINUTES after release, nevermind years after.  How is that a false prophecy??  Can't you sell almost EVERY OG Jordan for above retail right now, especially if DS? 

Kinda confused at your backwards (non) logic
frown.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
. freakin' hagglers.
grin.gif

didn't those shoes hit the outlets?  I don't know anyone who would pay even retail for those.

Something is off about that moldy pair no signs of moisture or water damage on the box and only ONE pair so far has ended up like that...

youre wrong, there are fakes already..they hit the market a few months ago. even worse, they actually tried mimicking the cement box. but the key difference is that the box isnt a pop top, just a regular fold box.

Originally Posted by sthebest

youre wrong, there are fakes already..they hit the market a few months ago. even worse, they actually tried mimicking the cement box. but the key difference is that the box isnt a pop top, just a regular fold box.

post a pic of the shoe

Back
Top Bottom