:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by yanky

Originally Posted by just blaze

That's what I'm thinking to. Not sure what time I should go to HOH.

What area in the bay are you from?
San Mateo U?
SF/DC area.  Normally my spot I hit up is HOH serramonte.  Bands are usually given out on thursday morning @8.  Then HOH and Footaction open up at 8am saturday morning and people with bands go in first.  Whatevers left over (if there are any) are for the rest who just line up without bands.  Finish line and SP open up at 10 first come first serve basis no bands.  Not even sure if finishline will have em, haven't called, but I believe the rest will. I'd say if you want a chance, you're gonna have to camp just for the bands thursday morning.  I already know there are people who are gonna wait around midnight, maybe even before that because that's what happend for the playoffs for wristbands. Gotten a lot harder out here compared to before to copp kicks.  A lot of younger folks out to just resell and are willing to wait hours on.  I really can't compete with that anymore.  Either I get lucky online, twitter rsvp, or sometimes camping.

What area in the bay are you from?
San Mateo U?
SF/DC area.  Normally my spot I hit up is HOH serramonte.  Bands are usually given out on thursday morning @8.  Then HOH and Footaction open up at 8am saturday morning and people with bands go in first.  Whatevers left over (if there are any) are for the rest who just line up without bands.  Finish line and SP open up at 10 first come first serve basis no bands.  Not even sure if finishline will have em, haven't called, but I believe the rest will. I'd say if you want a chance, you're gonna have to camp just for the bands thursday morning.  I already know there are people who are gonna wait around midnight, maybe even before that because that's what happend for the playoffs for wristbands. Gotten a lot harder out here compared to before to copp kicks.  A lot of younger folks out to just resell and are willing to wait hours on.  I really can't compete with that anymore.  Either I get lucky online, twitter rsvp, or sometimes camping.
I get off work at 9:30 and I'm really not trying to camp all night out there but I may drive by to see how many people are there. If anything I'll go there around 2am if I can wake up to see what's going on. Plan B was twitter rsvp but I've struck out each time they did the rsvp so the chances of that are very very slim to none. I guess online is better then nothing though. Sucks that people will line up bright and early don't they have school or something at 8am for those high schoolers. Maybe I will just head there straight after work. Last time I camped out there was for the concords and that was crazy enough. Hope there aren't a lot of people out there before me though.

I called 8 retail stores (2 finishlines, 2 champs, 2 footlocker, and 2 DTLR's) where I'm at in Richmond VA and only 1 store is getting them. Is anybody else seeing these not showing up in their local retailers like that or is it just Richmond that isn't getting many?? I know they are a quickstrike but we usually get a lot more than this.

This just confirms how sick the colorway is ... COPPED!  Hope it's not ebay prices but if I have to I will lol

Originally Posted by eatMYswoosh

7160718858_9d5ec24e3c_b.jpg

These look absolutely beautiful!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by zidane4661

really? you can be serious right now..i didnt know this is a grammar forum. Please stop E-thuggin its not cool

You're lecturing people and now you're whining about HIM e-thuggin
roll.gif

these shoes are really bringing out the maturity of some NTers in here 
laugh.gif

Aint that the truth. But these are an easy cop in ny. Called my guy and he said already has 18 pairs and is expecting even more

hope these and the lebrons aren't to difficult to get.

overheard many people saying these are gonna be hard to get at the xi release last weekend.

just hope i dont have to goto the ghetto mall to get these, cuz people dont line up their they just wait in the parking lot for people to come back to their cars
frown.gif

gonna have to call up the goons just to kop some shoes
30t6p3b.gif

Anyone in Los Angeles area have a strategy plan they'd like to share? I can't camp out for these, and I sure as hell don't want to pay $300+!!!

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

Anyone in Los Angeles area have a strategy plan they'd like to share? I can't camp out for these, and I sure as hell don't want to pay $300+!!!

Twitter RSVP or bust for me.

eastbay will have them at 5 am online. don't mind sharing cause eastbay shows me no love on RD anyway.... =T

Originally Posted by firmePORvida

There is no strategy, it's pretty much all luck to get these for retail with this release, my friend.

Becareful who you buy the Cavs 4S from. There are high quality fakes being sold. They look so real that they would pass as 100% authentic if you didnt know what to look for in a pair of fake Cavs 4s. I know this cuz my homie received a pair he bought off ebay from a trusted NT member. Here are the signs of a fake pair. Note that my homies pair didnt even have the "twentytwelve" on the inside tongue.
1. SHOES LEATHER SHOULD BE SUEDE WITH SOFT TOUCH, BUT FOR THE FAKE PAIR IT IS VERY SMOOTH AND NO SWEDE TOUCH FEELING AT ALL.
2. ON THE SHOE'S TONGUE ( OUTER AREA ) THERE ARE WORDING " TWENTY TWELVE " WHICH MEANS 2012, FOR THE FAKE PAIR THAT WORDING IS UPSIDE DOWN ON ONE SIDE.
3. THE COLOR OF THE ORANGE LACE WING IS NOT MATCH FOR THE FAKE PAIR.
4. THE JORDAN FLIGHT PATCH PLACEMENT IS NOT SAME AS PER THE JORDAN FEET AND THE FLIGHT WORDING - YOU CAN CHECK IT WITH YOUR JORDAN 4 WHITE CEMENT 2012 ( IF YOU HAVE A PAIR ) SIDE BY SIDE AND YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENT
5. THE JUMPMAN LOGO AT THE HEEL BACK IS PLACING TOO LOW WHICH IS ALMOST TOUCHING THE GROUND FOR THE FAKE PAIR.
6. MID SOLE AND THE UPPER PART IS NOT ON THE RIGHT PLACE AND YOU CAN COMPARE THAT WITH YOUR JORDAN 4 WHITE CEMENT 2012 ( IF YOU HAVE A PAIR ) AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENT.
7. THE SHOES' TONGUE ( INSIDE SOCK LINER ) IS TOO LOW FOR THE FAKE PAIR AS ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HEIGHT THEN THE SHOES' TONGUE ( FOR MOST RECENT JORDAN RETRO )

Originally Posted by 2shady4blaze

Becareful who you buy the Cavs 4S from. There are high quality fakes being sold. They look so real that they would pass as 100% authentic if you didnt know what to look for in a pair of fake Cavs 4s. I know this cuz my homie received a pair he bought off ebay from a trusted NT member. Here are the signs of a fake pair. Note that my homies pair didnt even have the "twentytwelve" on the inside tongue.
1. SHOES LEATHER SHOULD BE SUEDE WITH SOFT TOUCH, BUT FOR THE FAKE PAIR IT IS VERY SMOOTH AND NO SWEDE TOUCH FEELING AT ALL.
2. ON THE SHOE'S TONGUE ( OUTER AREA ) THERE ARE WORDING " TWENTY TWELVE " WHICH MEANS 2012, FOR THE FAKE PAIR THAT WORDING IS UPSIDE DOWN ON ONE SIDE.
4. THE JORDAN FLIGHT PATCH PLACEMENT IS NOT SAME AS PER THE JORDAN FEET AND THE FLIGHT WORDING - YOU CAN CHECK IT WITH YOUR JORDAN 4 WHITE CEMENT 2012 ( IF YOU HAVE A PAIR ) SIDE BY SIDE AND YOU WILL NOTICE THE DIFFERENT
5. THE JUMPMAN LOGO AT THE HEEL BACK IS PLACING TOO LOW WHICH IS ALMOST TOUCHING THE GROUND FOR THE FAKE PAIR.
6. MID SOLE AND THE UPPER PART IS NOT ON THE RIGHT PLACE AND YOU CAN COMPARE THAT WITH YOUR JORDAN 4 WHITE CEMENT 2012 ( IF YOU HAVE A PAIR ) AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENT.
7. THE SHOES' TONGUE ( INSIDE SOCK LINER ) IS TOO LOW FOR THE FAKE PAIR AS ITS SUPPOSE TO BE HEIGHT THEN THE SHOES' TONGUE ( FOR MOST RECENT JORDAN RETRO )

YIKES!!!Pics of all this would be helpful. It's hard to imagine, especially if one doesn't have white cements to compare them to.

If anyone can be of assistance in the NYC area, it would be greatly appreciated..Somebody offered to help in the original thread but it got deleted so I forgot who it was

Wore Mine to a Dr appt today and another dude in the lobby was asking me all these questions about how I got them early. Then he went on to tell me how him and his brother are going to get 20 pairs to resell. Right after he said that he asked for my spot so he could go cop early.. I just looked at dude like he was a straight clown. These are might comfortable though. Good luck on dudes trying to cop these this weekend. I was going for a 2nd pair of these but the KD Aunt pearls are to clean to pass up...

Originally Posted by 2shady4blaze

Damn, that list is crazy.
Usually its something even more subtle, like insole or wrong labels.

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom