:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by koolchris1995

I don't know if I'ma cop yet. I want to but my money is low.

i sure hope everyone says that so i can get mine... but i'll be rocking mine w/ my away okc gear to change it up

I love how so many changed their minds once the words limited and quick strike started getting tossed around.... smhd

I buy what I like and double up on kicks For trading or Dsing purposes only. I don't get why everyone suddenly became undercover

resellers, fronting like they're all about the culture. These same cats are in line at your local mall buying any size they can get

their hands on, and are the first ones screaming "$350 right now... I got size 12 and 8.5".

These cats kill me and they wonder why they get robbed in the parking lot, before they get a chance to resell. I've seen it happen.

Decided I am going to try and get these, got some extra bread laying around if I miss out I won't be disappointed

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

I love how so many changed their minds once the words limited and quick strike started getting tossed around.... smhd

I buy what I like and double up on kicks For trading or Dsing purposes only. I don't get why everyone suddenly became undercover

THIS!  I was just talkin to my girl about this last night.  I never really understood how you "change your mind" on kicks...especially within a few weeks (or in this case, a few days or hours).  There are SEVERAL nters on this post that were originally like "pass...these are whack...trash".  Scroll through a few pages and they're like "oh man, these are hot now, I'm definitely coppin".  Like, what changed??  certainly not the shoe...I don't really get it.

UNLESS...some people saw that they were LIMITED and thus got HYPED about having limited shoes, and now they are BEASTING for them...I'm not pointing fingers or naming names, just stating an observation that I made...

Get off the d-train.  Buy what you like, wear what you buy. 

CHECK MY POSTS.

SAID I WAS COPPING FROM THE BEGINNING.

JUST NOT FOR MYSELF
wink.gif

^^^Memphis, not coming at you. I've seen your posts in several threads, for several years. I generally respect your opinion brother.

I'm actually not coming at anyone...just calling a spade a spade.

Originally Posted by dipsetkid44

I buy jordans and sell them 4 more than retail. Im not ashamed to say it. I will be in line with 3 base heads taking 4 pairs from my local champs...and all they want is 3 stones so in my mind I'm winning. hey now
"If Killa had a itch, I scratched."

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Campout outside of HOH 34th Street in NYC

video-011073.jpg

video_image-051529.jpg

video_image-051526.jpg

video_image-051521.jpg

via SneakerWatch
this is why getting sneakers in nyc is more then i could deal with 
terrible 

all nickel and dime re sellers 

and the few the want the shoes 

why put yourself through this

Originally Posted by stacks2020

Originally Posted by poorniko

laugh.gif
@ all the ppl who are "replying" instead of DMing
i wish the nike twitter wouldnt respond and tell them to DM so we'd have a better chance at getting a pair
eyes.gif

doesnt matter..usually those wasting precious time replying instead of DMing won't be getting the RSVP.  You gotta be on point with this.  I've literally DM'd  within 5 sec. of their tweet out of all the releases since this RSVP thing started and only got thru once...It's really luck if you think about it i.e. how fast your network gets your DM in, how fast you respond, etc. etc.
It's just like ordering shoes online.

These are one of those releases that I want to get, but if I miss out tomorrow, then I won't pursue the shoe further.

Looking at that HOH pic from New York up there confirms that people are gonna be lining up really early for this release.

I really hope getting there at 4/5am tomorrow at FNL still guarantees me getting the sneakers.

Originally Posted by apthekid

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

THIS!  I was just talkin to my girl about this last night.  I never really understood how you "change your mind" on kicks...especially within a few weeks (or in this case, a few days or hours).  There are SEVERAL nters on this post that were originally like "pass...these are whack...trash".  Scroll through a few pages and they're like "oh man, these are hot now, I'm definitely coppin".  Like, what changed??  certainly not the shoe...I don't really get it.

UNLESS...some people saw that they were LIMITED and thus got HYPED about having limited shoes, and now they are BEASTING for them...I'm not pointing fingers or naming names, just stating an observation that I made...

Get off the d-train.  Buy what you like, wear what you buy. 

Never fails.  Therein lies the problem with today's sneaker game.  "Buy what you like" doesn't really exist anymore.  It's follow the hype train and let the resale value make the decisions for you.  The culture has definitely changed.  Not a pair I can see myself wearing, this colorblocking is perfect on the Knicks Penny's where there's some white to balance it out and the blue/orange aren't so prominent, but it's just tacky looking on these.  Takes a lot for me to completely dislike a pair of IVs, but these just don't do it for me.  Making an attempt online for trade bait in order to avoid some of these rape prices for Concords.  Otherwise I won't lose sleep over them.  Good luck to those who want them.

For those who have these, how's the material?  I'm guessing whatever they've used here is what they'll be using on the Black Cements.

Originally Posted by to81mn514

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

video-011073.jpg

video_image-051529.jpg

video_image-051526.jpg

video_image-051521.jpg

via SneakerWatch
This is actually the line for the tickets they were handing out for the KD Aunt Pearl's at midnight, not for the Cav 4's
All these dudes are lining up to buy a pink shoe? It's like 95% men, why do they want a pink shoe?

^ Its a special, exclusive sneaker with a lot of meaning to it.

You can Google it.

Looks like most of the people will resell it though.

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

This is actually the line for the tickets they were handing out for the KD Aunt Pearl's at midnight, not for the Cav 4's
All these dudes are lining up to buy a pink shoe? It's like 95% men, why do they want a pink shoe?
Cause they broke and can't afford the Cav 4's or Elite's coming out tomorrow so they take what they can get for $95 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

^ Its a special, exclusive sneaker with a lot of meaning to it.

You can Google it.

Looks like most of the people will resell it though.
I don't know if "special" is the word...Nike's been doing breast cancer themed, pink basketball kicks for a while.  Some of them sellout, some don't.  But these are going to be WAAY more limited than any other of this weekend's release, thus the camping out.  Aint none of them ninjas copping for them, though, i bet...

Keep it real, i'd grab a pair of aunt pearls to trade for the ASG's or YOTD's...truth!

video-011073.jpg

video_image-051529.jpg

video_image-051526.jpg

video_image-051521.jpg

via SneakerWatch
when do the kd's release i aint up on anything but jordans and foams 

edit there are grow men on that line for a pink shoe ? and i mean all pink 

Don't understand why anyone would pay $300+ for these when they didn't drop yet..Why not take your chances online and then just buy the next day if you miss out? They're gonna be in that price range after release anyways

These is one of those release if your not top 25 in line, you might as well turn around home cause you won't be getting your size.

Back
Top Bottom