Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the leather quality comparable to the Olympic VII FTLOTG? Those are a bit rigid, but my pair is holding up very well. Hardly any signs of wear. The White/Infrareds are similar in quality, too.

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Got my order confirmation from Finishline, but my Paypal still says pending. Should i be worried? Or am i good?

i checked out as guest but my paypal says pending

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Finally retirement
pimp.gif

30uegle.jpg
Damn this is the best pic yet. Now I pray my 12.5s fit but with people saying they actually are too big I doubt it
tired.gif
laugh.gif
  I agree.

very impressed, i was thrown off by the white tho, my 2nd pair of IV, also have the denver IV, fire..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my friends didnt cop, they like X and above, they not old enough lol, guess i like a "bulky shoe" models 3-8 are collectively my first faves, THEN 11-16( 15 were garbage)

just love seeing the evolution from jordan to jordan
nerd.gif

400th!

^
i have (worn them all day) & feel the midsole is fine
but, somehow, even with the shoes fitting slightly bigger or longer,
my toes are cramped up in the narrow toe box, ha ha
i would not size down (that might make for a very uncomfortable wear)

on these, better to have a liitle extra room than a tight fit in my opinion

toe box pleather feels like cdp 2 or 07 fire red 3, uh huh it's true

the ankle & tongue have zero padding, but the collar is cut higher, i do like that

overall - slightly more comfy than the miltary blue 4 retro, even though the leather
is slightly cheaper if that makes any sense
the shape is better i guess

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

Originally Posted by Big daddy 8523

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Even with employees holding pairs the total inventory would stillbe at 25 pairs just a year ago. The truth is that JB ha cut production, while increasing prices to increase sales of the Signature Sneaker and increase profits.

I believe this statement cause I talked to the manager at the Hibbetts in the mall and she told me and always have let me know how many pair they had beforehand that she usually gets about 36to48 pair and last week for the retro 10s she only got 14 and this week she got 24 pair total. And she said that all of the Hibbetts that even got these the allocation of units have shrunk.
Couple things:

1. Jordan Brand is 0% responsible for distribution WITHIN chains...how do you not understand that?

2. You guys can not judge the amount of units produced based on how many your local stores received...production on these is inline with all other Jordan Retro releases over the past few years...

3. Demand is high on this release...you guys will find ANYTHING to complain about...you guys will claim "rotting on the shelves" if the liquidation isn't 99% and on the other hand claim "Jordan Brand is screwing the consumer" if you have trouble getting a pair...nothing JB does will ever satisfy the fickle "sneakerhead" community...

Get over yourselves and grow up...

JM
cow_dung_pie_crap_pooh_delivery.jpg

...but still great to see you around J.

Originally Posted by phiberoptik

You got to be quick at NDC, I ordered exactly 15 seconds after they posted the link.

15 freaking seconds? !@#? is this some typing/texting/clicking competition championships? this is realllllly OD.
roll.gif

indifferent.gif

i dont get the "plastic" feel to these. they dont feel like that at all

i think JB did a real good job with these

love my pair.... handtag goes to the nephew

Originally Posted by green rhino123

^
i have (worn them all day) & feel the midsole is fine
but, somehow, even with the shoes fitting slightly bigger or longer,
my toes are cramped up in the narrow toe box, ha ha
i would not size down (that might make for a very uncomfortable wear)

on these, better to have a liitle extra room than a tight fit in my opinion

toe box pleather feels like cdp 2 or 07 fire red 3, uh huh it's true

the ankle & tongue have zero padding, but the collar is cut higher, i do like that

overall - slightly more comfy than the miltary blue 4 retro, even though the leather
is slightly cheaper if that makes any sense
the shape is better i guess

Yeah I remember my toes being slightly cramped up when I first got the mars, that's why I stayed with my normal size

All the complaining about shoes creasing got y'all this new material.
The shoes are leather, and a good quality leather.
Nike/JB has obviously developed a process to "cure" the leather to make it more "durable(durabuck)"
Personally never had a major issue with 4s creasing, but I don't wear them everyday all day either.

Originally Posted by southwestern

these shoes are made from some sort of plastic lol...cheap fake "leather" at very best.

i understand that everyones been waiting on this shoe for awhile now but we shouldnt be tricking ourselves into thinking that this is a good quality shoe. the "leather" was alot better on the chicago 10's.

and has anyone actually walked around in them yet? they feel like theres zero air in them.
not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

Trying to be cool by sticking with this "JB did is dirty, let's not get fooled" only goes so far kid. This is a really solid release.

This Release Got Cats Around The Country Actin' FOUL
roll.gif

That Being Said, I Was Fortunate Enough To Have A Homie Hold Me Down On My Pair..... Went Out Early This Morn To Try For #2 But The Local Spot I Was At Sold Out Of Popular Sizes By The 8th Person In Line
indifferent.gif

In Comparison To Past Releases, These New IV's MOS DEF Run A Tad Bit Big IMO..... Ended Up Settling On A 9.5 To Compensate For The Sizing Difference From These And My Size 10 '99s. As Mentioned By Some, The Leather On These Definitely Has More Of A "Plastic" Feel To It, And The Shoe Does Wear Stiff! Hoping That These Will Break In Over Time With A Few Wears. Lastly, Did Anyone Else Notice The Factory Lace Job On These? At First I Thought I Had Purchased A Pair That Someone Had Already Tried On Because The Shoes Were Tied In Normal Lacing Fashion From The Factory Itself It Seems
nerd.gif

All In All, Pleased With The Turn Out On These And To Have A Crisp Pair Of Cements On Hand Again
pimp.gif

Some Comparison Shots Of '89's --->'99's ---> 2012's...... ENJOY!

Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited

Originally Posted by southwestern

these shoes are made from some sort of plastic lol...cheap fake "leather" at very best.

i understand that everyones been waiting on this shoe for awhile now but we shouldnt be tricking ourselves into thinking that this is a good quality shoe. the "leather" was alot better on the chicago 10's.

and has anyone actually walked around in them yet? they feel like theres zero air in them.
not_sure_if_serious_8.jpg

Trying to be cool by sticking with this "JB did is dirty, let's not get fooled" only goes so far kid. This is a really solid release.

QFT

Originally Posted by dimez81

any place still have a 7 men? So my size from sneakersandstuff wont be shipped until march 1 or delivered march 1???

I have a few connects in Mississippi I can get you plug in with prolly.

Originally Posted by So Much Sole 23

This Release Got Cats Around The Country Actin' FOUL
roll.gif

That Being Said, I Was Fortunate Enough To Have A Homie Hold Me Down On My Pair..... Went Out Early This Morn To Try For #2 But The Local Spot I Was At Sold Out Of Popular Sizes By The 8th Person In Line
indifferent.gif

In Comparison To Past Releases, These New IV's MOS DEF Run A Tad Bit Big IMO..... Ended Up Settling On A 9.5 To Compensate For The Sizing Difference From These And My Size 10 '99s. As Mentioned By Some, The Leather On These Definitely Has More Of A "Plastic" Feel To It, And The Shoe Does Wear Stiff! Hoping That These Will Break In Over Time With A Few Wears. Lastly, Did Anyone Else Notice The Factory Lace Job On These? At First I Thought I Had Purchased A Pair That Someone Had Already Tried On Because The Shoes Were Tied In Normal Lacing Fashion From The Factory Itself It Seems
nerd.gif

All In All, Pleased With The Turn Out On These And To Have A Crisp Pair Of Cements On Hand Again
pimp.gif

Some Comparison Shots Of '89's --->'99's ---> 2012's...... ENJOY!
Damn, I knew the shade of grey on the 2012s was way too dark.  Thanks for the pics!

whats the rock bottom price on these right now? contemplating pulling the trigger right now but thinking i should wait a few weeks.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

whats the rock bottom price on these right now? contemplating pulling the trigger right now but thinking i should wait a few weeks.

I think you should wait, Zyzz.  I personally wouldn't pay more than $240 for them.  The price will level off the rest of the year, and then will increase by next year.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Couldnt sift through all the pages last night. Did you manage to get yours?

okay kid, the only thing solid about this release was the hype imo.

and good quality leather that has been made more durable? cmon man, good leather is durable enough without having to go through an extra process to make it durabuck. and does good leather smell how this shoe does?

to each his own though. if you feel like you got your moneys worth then thats you.

BTW i dont feel like jb did us dirty; we make the choice to buy the product or pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom