Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
*$%% the world is coming to an end. the sneaker world that is...

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by phiberoptik

You got to be quick at NDC, I ordered exactly 15 seconds after they posted the link.
you got lucky, i was quick as well but that doesnt mean jack.

so far i think im the only one who got the SOLD OUT for a size 11 at around 12:25. i fully checked out and it told me they were gone and in reality they werent even close to selling out in that size. If that isnt the biggest screw over for this release on NDC then i dont know what is.
Sizes 10-15 were still available after 3hrs on NDC after they shut the site down due to maintenance... people given up early made my purchase that more easier
tongue.gif
 checked out at 4:03am EST

I thought this release was going to go a lot smoother but I'm not too mad. I was #1 in line with another NT'er at Arundel Mills here and the security kicked us off the lot and said come back 6:30. At like 6:15, people start running towards the doors so I ask them what happened to 6:30 and all they could say was "I can't stop people if they're all coming". All in all, I got me an 11 and 11.5 so I can at least end up with 2 11s at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by solezprogression

This release was mayhem in Chicago. Lots of sad faces and empty hands.
Feel like sharing in a little more detail when you got time?

I'm intrigued....................................

PM me if you don't want to post.

Originally Posted by sixfourflipp

Originally Posted by phiberoptik

You got to be quick at NDC, I ordered exactly 15 seconds after they posted the link.
believe it or not.... finished paypal check out and got my NDC order number exactly >> 4 hrs and 3min << after they posted the link on twitter, this release on NDC was like wrestling with a aligator!! lolz
roll.gif
word... it was all about endurance... i just stayed up and kept trying then i went to the mall in the morning... and came up.

I managed to get a 10.5, now I gotta trade them somewhere in San Diego for my size.
My opinion, looking at them in my hands, these are pretty ugly. The dark grey makes them look like fake pairs.
I'm tempted to just sell them instead of the trade, and just use the $ to maybe buy the Chicago Xs or trade them to a hype beast for some Concords (wishing)... why couldn't they make the grey match the box? UGH!

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by RV019

Originally Posted by green rhino123

i know, where did dude line up for these, at Taco Bell?

I ran to get in line for footlocker. I got first and we get kicked out  ("Trespassing") 
[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I ran to get in line for footlocker. I got 6th and we get kicked out ("Trespassing")[/font]
I ran to get in line for shoe palace. I got 12th and they only have 8 pairs
I ran to get in line for Robert Wayne. I got 1st and the manager says “We’re out of men’s sizes guys sorry. We only have kids and women sizes

Yo these stories are straight comedy
My champs opened at 7 and only had 1 pair of sz 11. Walked down the hall to foot locker where i was 4th in line, waited til 8:30am and grabbed em easily. Made me mad tho to see cats in line wit them "bang bangs" on (team jordans) and other weak sneakers.

This release wasn't crazy. Just a long, long and unnecessary wait (15 hour campout). But I'm glad to have these and can't wait for the month to be over. Listening to these kids talk about sneakers now, it's either a business (which I can't fault them for) or just plain silly (it's going to be 'hell' when these kids line up at HoH Scottsdale next Tuesday for the Galaxies haha). There's way too much going on for sneakers. I didn't mind campouts before, but waiting almost to work shifts for some shoes is crazy. Not as crazy as the kids who were there since Tuesday though.

what do they call people who do the same thing over and over and expect a diff result ?

EMPTY HANDED

I definitely think NT should do an age limit or become private for members only. A lot of people just watch NT for info (blots, 23isback) and steal what we work hard for. How many photoshops of shoes have been posted on here and other sites claim they are "official pics". It's time for NT to look out for NT.

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Originally Posted by dharv

Come on now. Sneakersnstuff orders will be shipped out on March 1'st now?
Correct me if I'm wrong but those are for the orders from TODAY. not the pre-orders from last saturday
But if it is true about the pre-orders being shipped March 1 too 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Apologies if it was clarified already but I was emailing SNS back and forth today and they said all pre orders made last week will ship this coming Monday. All the orders placed on RD are shipping out the 1st of March
damn....why so long?  oh well

Originally Posted by Trav T

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

the leather is the SAME as the infrared 6's IMO
The quality on the Infrareds is top notch.  This is a plus.

I think he meant varsity reds. The leather on these is nothing like the infrareds.

I understand the plastic feel everyone is talking about, but it seems like it will crease less. Also the midsole paint isn't shiny so it probably won't crack.

I guess with JB you have to make certain concessions.

Only thing i noticed was the padding, most notably on the tongue. It makes them not as bulky as the previous IV's.

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

I definitely think NT should do an age limit or become private for members only. A lot of people just watch NT for info (blots, 23isback) and steal what we work hard for. How many photoshops of shoes have been posted on here and other sites claim they are "official pics". It's time for NT to look out for NT.

I like the idea of the NT becoming private but wat about the other boards that breads just as much hype b/c i doubt they will follow suit. Then u also gotta understand that people can create an account, not post, read info & take it over to other sites. If NT was to become private alot of thought would have to go into it b/c there would be a few ways dudes could buck the system.

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by BigPoint

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Correct me if I'm wrong but those are for the orders from TODAY. not the pre-orders from last saturday
But if it is true about the pre-orders being shipped March 1 too 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Apologies if it was clarified already but I was emailing SNS back and forth today and they said all pre orders made last week will ship this coming Monday. All the orders placed on RD are shipping out the 1st of March
damn....why so long?  oh well
Yes Saturday pre-order will be shipped out tomorrow with NDC 
pimp.gif

Sorry for ya'll that have to wait 
grin.gif

True. We would need more MODS to continuously check accounts and postings. A lot of NTers geniunely love NT and what we represent. I watched for 5-6 years and studied and learned from the OGs, as well as the knowledged gained through the years myself. Not all of the Forum has to be private, just Nike, Retro, and Adidas threads. I may start a thread in general about this as it is technically considered trolling.

Back to the topic of the thread. I really hope there is a restocked because it helps bring reseller prices down (see Chicago X's)

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Originally Posted by JordanFan24

Easy cop off NDC

yeah if the site didn't crash on you. it's just luck of the draw. running off a VERY fast connection. speed wasn't the issue either. site just sucks.
I think it also has to do with where you're located. If their servers are in Washington, I'm the furthest possible from their server, so I'm always going to get beat.

Originally Posted by Trav T

These still feel more like "Tech Grey" to me instead of Cement.
I agree although I still copped because it wasn't a deal breaker.  I don't think they changed the grey on these at all.   Just speculating here but JB probably got the word that there were a lot of complaints about the "Tech Grey" being too dark.  So what do they do?  Change the name to "Cement Grey" and then put the sneakers in a cool box with a true "Cement Grey" bottom.  Just look at the bottom of the box and look at the grey on the shoe itself.  
eyes.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom