Official Air Jordan IV white/cement release thread 2/18/12:::NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING:::

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will sound like a joke for some of you...but anyone knows where i can find these in New York?

Originally Posted by rocky145

This will sound like a joke for some of you...but anyone knows where i can find these in New York?

On my feet & in my closet... Seriously though, I doubt these are sitting anywhere for retail.

How much you looking to pay?  These independent sneaker boutiques want to take you to the dry cleaners but they have them, your best bet is to find them on here or ebay honestly

Originally Posted by YANO

I just called sns and they said their shipment from nike is still delayed. I ask if they really had shipment coming and she said yes. I hope sns is not BSing us...

Thanks for the info.....looks like Im gonna be waiting a long time....

^^ thnks for the response...no more than 220, ill take a quick look around if i have no luck...time to get robbed...

^^ thnks for the response...no more than 220, ill take a quick look around if i have no luck...time to get robbed...

I gave in and paid $240 it sucks but when they sell out that fast and you don't get them on RD or on a euro website you have no choice
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

Me, too.
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
   This is what's wrong with this whole shoe game today. If I don't get a size that's remotely wearable, I leave it for the next man. Why end up with a stupid sig saying "Have size 14 of Concords, need your size 7" for a year...

Hype kills...
Yeah and if that next man is someone you see walking around 15 mins later trying to sell the shoes for $300 then what?

In a perfect world everyone who is copping a pair of shoes is buying them to wear, but check eBay and Craigslist after a release.  That's all you need to see to realize how much things have changed.

If someone takes the time out to wait for shoes and has to walk off empty handed just to pay double to a reseller then what exactly was accomplished but feeding the real beasts?

The fact that so many trades go down is proof enough that this isn't the worst way to go about getting your size.  I get where you're coming from, but unfortunately this culture has changed for the worse.  Getting your size without getting ripped on the price is the goal.
Exactly. Or you can sell the pair you got to buy the size you need. If it's a limited shoe that I waited in line a few hours for, I'm getting the closest size possible.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

lol people thinking these will drop to $200 and lower. Keep wishing. If you see them for $220 you'd better buy them.

Exactly.
It'll take a while to drop this low, if ever.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by cedb713

Originally Posted by Midnight Hype

Just because a celebrity or public figure, wheres an article of clothing in a certain fashion. that doesnt mean you have to follow. If im not mistaken back in the day that nike hang tag, was flat. this tag on the other hand resembles a lolipop and it proably wieghs the same amount as an ankle weight. Im not gonna lie they look ok from the pic, if you think about it, this photo was taken at a certain angle which make it looks appealing but what about in person or a close up zoom shot of his foot... i think that would def change your opinion. at the end of the day everyone has there own sense of style but the tag was flatterrrr, this tag is bigger and it pops out no go.

1st OFF, I'M NOT FOLLOWIN' WHAT ANYBODY DOES. I BEEN ROCKIN' MY TAGS SINCE I OWNED THE OG'S IN '89. I SAW THE PIC OF TIP, AND THOUGHT "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE",AND DECIDED TO POST TO THE YOUNGER CROWD SO MAYBE THEY'D UNDERSTAND FROM OUR PERSPECTIVE (THE 30+ CROWD) AS TO WHY WE ROCK OUR 4'S WITH THE TAG STILL ON. IT'S JUST A NOSTALGIC THING,THAT'S ALL. IT'S A FREE WORLD,AND U CAN ROCK 'EM HOW U CHOOSE. I'M NOT GONNA JUDGE U EITHER WAY,FAM. 2nd, THE ORIGINAL TAGS WERE EXACTLY LIKE THE NEW TAGS OF TODAY(EXCEPT FOR THE "NIKE AIR",OF COURSE.). THEY STARTED MAKIN' THE PAPER-THIN HANGTAGS AFTER 1990. HOPE THIS CLEARS THE AIR FOR YA,FAM. HOLLA...
CED B.

they started with the thin hangtags in '88 (or late '87) & were produced through 1990
the jumbo ones like these only appeared on the real luxury Nike Air models in '89/early '90

that's why it's much easier to find a vintage thin tag than a jumbo one, much more were produced over a longer period
hope that helps more
 U KNOW WHAT? I THINK U ARE CORRECT FAM. BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER A PAIR OF MY OG TECH CHALLENGE'S IN LIKE '89 HAD THE THIN TAG ON IT... I STAND CORRECTED. THANKS GREEN RHINO! HOLLA...
CED B.

Originally Posted by MrSwagtastic

for those who've rocked their wc iv's multiple times, how are they holding up?(creases, midsole, etc.)
Holding up just fine.  Some small creasing near the big toe on each toe box.  Everything else is still perfect.  
Overall it took about 3-4 hours of wear for the shoes to break in a little bit.  I've worn mine for probably 12-15 hours and the comfort level has increased tremendously once the pleather was broken in.  Very happy with these overall.

still on the lookout for my size. i will get these eventually. i always find a way. just not paying 250 for these.

Finally received my pair from CT today!! I was almost starting to get worried...
Living in the Netherlands btw.

SNS sent an email.... going to wait it out. Screw it
laugh.gif

Hi,
So you have probably noticed that we did not ship the Jordan 4 you ordered yet, this is due to that Nike once again postponed the delivery and they now say mid of March and no exact date...

We actually don't know what to say, but will probably not do any pre-orders after this. 

So this is the situation right now and there is not much we can do to change it even if we want to, we have never seen this late delivery of an order since we started 13 years ago and hope that we will never see it again. 

We have no possibility to lower prices, give you free shipping or give you a second pair and so on...

And we know it's not much but we will offer you this discount code that gives you 15% of on your next purchase if you ever want to place another order with us that is. 

We will of course, if it is your wish, cancel your order and issue a full refund, please let me know a.s.a.p. if so and we will arrange it during the weekend.
So reply back to this e-mail if you want your order cancelled, if not and you want to wait for the Jordan's we will notify you as soon as we get any update on the matter. 

Best regards
-------------------------
Olof Törnqvist

caved in and got em off ebay for 220 shipped. missed on a pair that went for 187 (202 shipped) earlier.

Originally Posted by bigz704

caved in and got em off ebay for 220 shipped. missed on a pair that went for 187 (202 shipped) earlier.

$220 is actually a great price..If you drove to the store to get them, you'd be paying like $175ish plus w/e you spent on gas. So you're only paying like 35-40 more without the hassle of waiting on a crazy line.

To all the people thinking they will drop below $200, I will tell you all now from experience that Jordans as popular as the Cement 4s never drop that drastically. I have been buying sneakers since I was 16 (I'm 24) and I've never seen that happen with an OG Colorway. Playoff 12s, Bred 4s, White and Black Cement 3s, etc. None of them ever dropped under $200 for a DS Pair. People said the prices for the White or Black Cement 3s would drop under 200, but they never did, and it has been months since they dropped.

Originally Posted by bigz704

what size are you?

Originally Posted by cedb713

ba8161130cab702e8bd61a7a2f93b39df11097ea_r.jpeg
FOR ALL U YOUNGSTA'S OUT THERE STILL HATIN' ON THE HANGTAG,SAYIN' "WHO REALLY ROCKS THEIR SHOES WITH THAT SILLY HANGTAG?" OR "ONLY LAMES ROCK THE HANGTAGS.",HERE'S MY BOY T.I. SHOWIN' Y'ALL HOW THE REAL O.G.'s ROCK THEIR JORDAN 4's. I KEEP TELLIN' Y'ALL THAT EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS SILLY TO THE YOUNGER GENERATION, THE 30 AND UP CLUB CLEARLY REMEMBER THIS IS HOW WE SPORTED THESE JOINTS... SO WE ROCK 'EM WITH THE TAG ON FOR NOSTALGIC PURPOSES. I GUESS IT'S A LOVE IT/HATE IT TYPE OF THING,BUT ME IM GONNA ROCK MY TAGS WIT' PRIDE!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
#HANGTAGGANG . HOLLA...
CED B.
First off unpress Caps Lock.
Next, so because T.I is rocking it, that justify the case for all? Boy please, log off life. 

new store opened up in my city. Picked up those royal Xs for retail that escaped me on release date and a pair of Cemenet 4 size 13s for my boy for retail since he got played by NDC. Im playing the lotto after that luck

Originally Posted by JR1zero

new store opened up in my city. Picked up those royal Xs for retail that escaped me on release date and a pair of Cemenet 4 size 13s for my boy for retail since he got played by NDC. Im playing the lotto after that luck
where's your city

actually saw online that some kid i waited in line for the cements in the mall was first in line at the stores grand opening for the Red Foams today. Claims to be a sneaker head, but in interview on the website states he would buy 4 or 5 pairs to sell them all and that hes getting in the back of the line after he gets his to get another pair so he has 2 to sell. Kid was doing the same thing on cement release. Bought 2 pairs didnt care what size just to sell and let his boys cut in line. Theres the problem right there with the shoe game these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom