Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
call me F'in crazy. But I thought the quality [on mine] was decent on these.  but then again, Im from a part of the universe that thinks soft leather is PREMO.  hence why a stiff leather jacket is 99.99, and a premo lambs wool jacket is $900.   MY ONLY compliant.. freaking things reek of glue.  its missing the new shoe smell.

Last edited:
They used soooo much glue even my blk plastic wrap is glued to the box. Smh JB:smh:
The smell is strong.

finally got my DM from NTLA saying they got their shipment in and they'll hold a pair till tomorrow night...ordered a pair on eastbay that hasn't come in yet tho, wish i knew if my pair was pre-creased like a lotta people been complaining about...has everyone's eastbay pairs been good or should i pick up my ntla rsvp'd pair just in case?

finally got my DM from NTLA saying they got their shipment in and they'll hold a pair till tomorrow night...ordered a pair on eastbay that hasn't come in yet tho, wish i knew if my pair was pre-creased like a lotta people been complaining about...has everyone's eastbay pairs been good or should i pick up my ntla rsvp'd pair just in case?

I grabbed 2 pair. The pair i received from Eastbay last Tuesday is perfect. The pair i bought in-store on RD was horrible. With this shoe it's just hit or miss. Regardless though, even if your pair is perfect, they won't be after the first wear. It is what it is -- wear them

Now that I look back I think the only flaw my shoe had was the strong smell of glue.......stronger than ever on these pairs

Seems as though the dudes who ordered from Eastbay had their shoes come in in great condition.......at least from what read on most of the posts. Qnd a lot of those who bought at store were precreased. I guess eastbay got a good batch of shoes

I'd be thrilled if that was the only defect in my pairs.
I feel you; but 1 defect on these 1 too many.  We pay top dollar for these releases (which, let's be honest, most of us buy at least 4+ pairs a year), and them giving us B-grades at that price is absurd.  What's worse is we can't exactly exchange them at whichever store we got them from.

Yeah, this is by far, the worst quality Jordan shoe I've bought. Wrinkles/ceases, high tags, etc. I didn't have any paint/stitching problems, but the wrinkles/creases right out the box is upsetting. I bought mines from City Gear in the Mall of LA (around noon time). They don't give refunds, only store credit. I'm seriously thinking about returning them. I missed out on the White Cement 4s, so I wanted to get these or Black/Red 4s. But after seeing the quality of these, I'm def. passing on them. I think I may be done with Jordans the rest of the year. The Bred XIs are tempting, but my CDP XIs are still looking good and I know it will be madness in the streets when they drop.

Wore my almost perfect pair today for about three hours at the mall. Granted I did use sneaker shields (always uses them though), leather held up pretty well. Did get some very, very slight creases around the ankle. Guess I lucked out :rolleyes

Makes me appreciate mine :smh:

I honestly feel like a batch of the real ones got switched with a fake batch somewhere along there way to the US.   Its been to many problems on this pair for a whole lot of people.   I'd say more people are unhappy with these over people who are satisfied with them.

Not the case, even Nike knew these were horrible quality before the initial release.

Got my pair from Arden Mall in Sacramento, CA. My pair is spotless. I'm impressed with these IV's to be quite honest. The IV's and the XI's are my favorites. Sorry to hear some of ya'll didn't get what you expected.  

I went to finishline to return mine, dude said to try eBay, that people were offering $200 for the retros off his feet. he said the prices went up. Other dude said they were going for $350 (I knew that was a lie but whatever). I tried to tell em they are going for about retail but he wouldnt listen. Ohh well, I'll return em some other day.

I went to finishline to return mine, dude said to try eBay, that people were offering $200 for the retros off his feet. he said the prices went up. Other dude said they were going for $350 (I knew that was a lie but whatever). I tried to tell em they are going for about retail but he wouldnt listen. Ohh well, I'll return em some other day.
wait, they didnt let you return it? or did they talked you out of it?

wait, they didnt let you return it? or did they talked you out of it?
They talked me out of it. I went to see if the prices went up and if they are selling as fast as they said. I checked and i dont know waht they were on because the highest i saw an ebay was just over retail + tax. But I really just wanted to know how fast it would take to get my money back to my card. They said one week so i think it would be best for me to wait for my eastbay pair. It
hough it took up to a month

Last edited:
dont know if it matters but, I purchased 2 pairs from foot locker in toronto where it is $190+13% tax. No precreases on the toebox, the tag is a bit high tho. After wearing mine since release date, it looks nowhere as bad as what I'm seeing here. Could it possibly be because of the price, the quality on the canadian shipments are better?

Back
Top Bottom