Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
dont know if it matters but, I purchased 2 pairs from foot locker in toronto where it is $190+13% tax. No precreases on the toebox, the tag is a bit high tho. After wearing mine since release date, it looks nowhere as bad as what I'm seeing here. Could it possibly be because of the price, the quality on the canadian shipments are better?
roll.gif
Their all made by the same 10 year old kids in China!
roll.gif

Everything is more expensive in Canada because of the value of the dollar.  For example look at the back of a book, Canada is always more expensive then USA

Last edited:
Wouldn't recommend wearing these without shields. Wore mine out for about 2 hours and toeboxes are creased to hell.

Wouldn't recommend wearing these without shields. Wore mine out for about 2 hours and toeboxes are creased to hell.
Yeah too bad mine were already creased like i wore them to play ball for 2 months 
mean.gif

@ Ambam: The higher price in Canada has nothing to do with the value of the dollar. The Canadian dollar is actually worth slightly more than the U.S. dollar right now. The higher price in Canada is due to the cost of shipping the products to Canada and the customs fees involved.

dont know if it matters but, I purchased 2 pairs from foot locker in toronto where it is $190+13% tax. No precreases on the toebox, the tag is a bit high tho. After wearing mine since release date, it looks nowhere as bad as what I'm seeing here. Could it possibly be because of the price, the quality on the canadian shipments are better?

:rofl:

NO

@ Ambam: The higher price in Canada has nothing to do with the value of the dollar. The Canadian dollar is actually worth slightly more than the U.S. dollar right now. The higher price in Canada is due to the cost of shipping the products to Canada and the customs fees involved.
right now? Canada's dollar is always worth at least slightly more.

Damn. The one time I get through on eastbay & it's for a shoe that people have a lot of quality issues with.

Hopefully mine are in pristine condition

WTF?
roll.gif

roll.gif
Their all made by the same 10 year old kids in China!
roll.gif

Everything is more expensive in Canada because of the value of the dollar.  For example look at the back of a book, Canada is always more expensive then USA
laugh.gif

so much discomfort though wore the SS with my Milt 4's and the next day my calves and foot were sore. Is it really worth it?

yeah the 4's do crease a lot if you wearing them normally

Last edited:
so much discomfort though wore the SS with my Milt 4's and the next day my calves and foot were sore. Is it really worth it?
yeah the 4's do crease a lot if you wearing them normally
when in doubt, just ask, what would MJ do?

c'mon people. just wear them normally.

precreased doo doo from soleheaven. i was upset they shipped one shoe right side up in the box instead of sideways so they were kinda smushed when they came in.

but one thing i noticed is the tongue is longer than other retros this year im also nitpicking but the other 3 are from us and there factory laced differently than from uk. maybe the kid from china got lazy for the uk shipment.

Well, I just got my pair and the quality is horrendous!! I have a huge gap in between the outsole and the toebox, the toe area was creased and looks like it was pre-worn. On the same shoe but the medial side, there was a black strip of gum. Very disappointed by the quality on these shoes. My military blues have no issues whatsoever. I'll try post pics~!!

Well, I just got my pair and the quality is horrendous!! I have a huge gap in between the outsole and the toebox, the toe area was creased and looks like it was pre-worn. On the same shoe but the medial side, there was a black strip of gum. Very disappointed by the quality on these shoes. My military blues have no issues whatsoever. I'll try post pics~!!

this is one I would return with no regrets. Who shipped it to you?

if you look at the 1 year you see for the most part it takes more than 1 USD to buy a CND, making the CND worth more.
I didn't mean to start a debate over the historical value of the US dollar vs. the Canadian dollar LOL  All I was saying is that the value of the dollar has nothing to do with why products are more expensive in Canada. 

Having said that, while yes, historically, the U.S. dollar has been stronger than the Canadian dollar (at times MUCH stronger), for the past several years (since G.W. Bush's second term), the U.S. and Canadian dollars have been about equal, with the Canadian dollar regularly stronger than the U.S.

Now back to the topic... I'm so glad I passed on these IV's lol

if you look at the 1 year you see for the most part it takes more than 1 USD to buy a CND, making the CND worth more.

Wrong again! The header on the chart clearly states CAD per 1 USD. It's the other way around. So it takes more than 1CAD to buy 1USD for the most part. So the CAD has not always been on top of the USD like you said earlier. Like scollard23 said, this trend of the CAD being higher than the USD at times, not most of the time or always, started when this recession started.

Back to the shoes. This is one of those releases where I am glad I copped in store which allowed me to mix and match til I got a decent pair. Off the bat from the ones they had on display, I saw how horrendous the quality was and was wondering why they couldn't have selected a better sample to display. Once the lady handed me the first pair, I knew why. I've waited so long for these to pass on them. Went half a size down on the mars back in '06 only to find out they were too snug. So I sold them to my bro-in-law. If you bought in-store on RD and still have a crappy pair, then it's your fault for putting up with crappy quality.

I can see that some people have some major gripes with their pair (and rightfully so). On the other hand, some of the nitpicking in here is comical, and really makes me shake my head. As for the shoes, they are about the same quality wise as the 06 Mars pair. Since the paint seems to be better on these and won't chip like on the Mars, I will definitely give these the edge for that reason alone. Creases happen when you wear them, so that is a wash between the two shoes. My pair had some glue residue on the shoe, nothing major. Overall, it seems that these are on par with the 2005 last shot XIV in terms of sloppiness with the glue. I never thought I would be able to say that haha.

Not really in love with these kicks. The quality is highly suspect and I'm thinking about returning them today. Its crazy cause I just recently copped the Vegas 1's and the quality on those are damn near flawless

Waitin on FNL to finish "processing" my 13 from the "Restock".  Its been since Wednesday.  Maybe the store managers are waiting to get is done on the sabath.  Not Holding Breath Though

I went to the store and they tried to guilt me out of buying it again. Telling me to sell it on eBay or they would do it themselves. I said go ahead, it is not going for much above retail. After I buy the box and waste gas to and from the UPS store I would break even. Not that I am a reseller anyway.

I also stuffed the shoes with tissue paper, like I do with all shoes that come with flimsy/hollow shoe trees. But it made the toebox precreases invisible and I didnt point that out. Can they somehow stop the refund from processing if they notice this, which one should by tonight if they do buy to sell? This is at Finishline, does anyone know, because these children would think I wore those shoes or something.

Back
Top Bottom