Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

Hey guys quick question. I missed out on launch day so I had to resort to eBay. Wanted two pair so I won one auction and bought another pair outright. First pair came and everything is fine. I just got the second pair in and while they aren't as good as the first, I'll deal with them.

I noticed on the second pair that the tags of each shoe has a different production date. Does this happen? I'm wondering if the seller swapped a shoe of two pairs and kept the better of the two.
yup. nothing you can really do about that. only thing is ebay buyer protection. especially if you notice that the pics he listed doesn't match up w// your pair but that only gets you a refund. i got my pair from ndc and they have small issues (red stain on white leather,etc.). if you got 2 pairs though, i'm guessing 1 to rock, 1 to stock. it'll be easier to just rock the one w/ more issues. if it came precreased, i would look to refund. (unless the pre creases are in pics, you might not be able to use that as an excuse)

ebay is very buyer friendly
amazon is very seller friendly

Last edited:
2 diff prod dates is perfectly fine. It does happens. The reseller swapping a shoe is also possible.
yup. nothing you can really do about that. only thing is ebay buyer protection. especially if you notice that the pics he listed doesn't match up w// your pair but that only gets you a refund. i got my pair from ndc and they have small issues (red stain on white leather,etc.). if you got 2 pairs though, i'm guessing 1 to rock, 1 to stock. it'll be easier to just rock the one w/ more issues. if it came precreased, i would look to refund. (unless the pre creases are in pics, you might not be able to use that as an excuse)

ebay is very buyer friendly
amazon is very seller friendly
Thanks for the replies fellas. The mismatched dates threw me off because I've never seen that before. Just wanted to know if that sort of thing happens. It was nothing major, just pinkish glue stains on the white portion. Regardless, these are my all time faves and were an absolute must. I'm on the "bad" pair now and storing the better of the two for later.

Bobby fresh got back to me, looks like he is honoring the coupon. Shipping out on Monday. :D Thanks Bobby!

I finally got my pair today. Missed the RSVP on these, and I was driving back from Chicago to San Jose. I took a look on CL this morning, and found this cat who met up with me a couple blocks from my house and sold me a size 11.5 for $140. $20 over retail and practically to my door? Can't complain one bit. I compared these to the Knicks and they appear to be the exact same length as the Size 11 in those I got. A bit strange that they run a half size off from the NA 1 mold. Definitively highs, and I don't have any real complaints. They're still better quality than some 1's I've bought in the past 3-4 years.

The first retro I ever bought was the Air Jordan I White/Red-Black in 1994. I was 10 years old. I saved up my lawn mowing money and grabbed a Size 9 for $80 from my local Champs. I wore them in my Boys & Girls Club league, I wore them to school, I just wore them and wore them and wore them. While I was in college those got lost/tossed by my family. I wish I still had them (and that awesome ‘94 box) even though I couldn’t wear them. More importantly though, I’ve been on the hunt for a pair of these for the better part of a decade. It’s hard to find a pair of '94's that’s in good shape and not incredibly expensive. So while I would prefer a softer leather and the Nike Air logo, these are still an incredibly sexy shoe, and the shoe that started it all - for the sneaker world, for the Jordan brand, and for my collection of retros - and I’m very glad to have these back.

hoping to cawp another pair soon too. hoping for anywhere but an FNL restock, since i'm not trying to deal with them again.

not sure if this was posted, but someone made a video on the tag switch.

cool how he showed the process real quick, but i think he used the wrong 'nike air' tag since i think the one he attached isn't made of cloth, but the more 'plasticky' kind.

(edit: nvm, at the end of the video he says it's a custom tag, which is probably why it looks off :lol:).

Last edited:
not sure if this was posted, but someone made a video on the tag switch.

cool how he showed the process real quick, but i think he used the wrong 'nike air' tag since i think the one he attached isn't made of cloth, but the more 'plasticky' kind.

(edit: nvm, at the end of the video he says it's a custom tag, which is probably why it looks off :lol:).

Lol @ the NWO music during the Jordan highlights.

Nice idea for someone to create and sell custom tags, but it won't take long til Nike shuts that dwn.

Anyone know of an exact red, that i can use to touch my pair up?

It's paint missing on a few spots on one of my shoes and i want to keep em, if i can fix em myself, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom