Official Air Jordan VII 'Charcoals' post! 9/1 Don't call 'em Raptors! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

FNL just email me that my order has been shipped with the Track # posted 8) 6 am early wit it

Last edited:
held them in my hands last Saturday. Looking good indeed. If the midsoles paintjob would be less glossy,
having standard flat laces and black nubuck on the toe and sides, then they would look even more authentic.
But with the complete durabuck, they alerady look very good.

Copped my pair fairly easily. Had to drive to another mall for my size though. But between not waking up early, not waiting in line and copping these for 149.09 (FNL WC), can't complain.

here are the 1992 OGs for comparisson.
the black nubuck has faded, almost as much like on my Black/citrus retros from 2006.
Also can see the flat laces NOT oval laces and the midsole paintjob (red/purple) is
less glossy.

I don't think the "charcoal" color really EVER had anything to do with the upper paneling. And I'm talking all the way back to the original ones.  If anything, it was the color for the shades of black & grey on the tongue.
Yep. The charcoal must be for the tongue.

It looks to me like the OG had flat black laces as well?
Correct. All the OG VIIs came with flat laces. For whatever reason I like the laces that came with these 2012's though. Probably puts me in the minority.
Anyone else think the laces on these are really long?

Also, I like everyone lace swaps with flat ones, but I'm sticking with the oval ones for my pair.

2vni143.png

smokin.gif

Best release of the year for me.

The B/Red 4s and 11s don't come close to these in my opinion.

Bring on the flames!

laugh.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by "do I only do this one time." I usually have to call every time prior to making a purchase from across the pond or from another EU country, depending on which card I use. If it's a debit card, then call your bank and tell them you are planning on making an overseas purchase. It's a pain in the *****, but its sole purpose is to safeguard you from identify theft/fraud. Also, you may get hit with a transaction fee from your bank.
Try leaving the county block blank that's what I had to do before my order finally went through. My bank called me before they let the funds go to confirm I authorized the charge.

I wasn't planning on copping cuz I'm waiting for the 4's, but the local HOH still had my size yesterday afternoon. Was supposed to buy a b-day gift for my sister, but got these instead. Oops. So far I'm very impressed.

No way in hell black and red IVS , and XIs will be limited. if you show up at a decent hour you will be able to get these. They will mass produce them with low quality and sell out instantly because  of the GRAIL status of both shoes...

Stop hyping stuff up kids..
i tried to tell them the same thing with the crimsons and they still wanted to let the inner hypebeast take over their psyche and camp 4 days before. *sigh*
mean.gif

I wonder if these are going to hit sales racks like they did back in 2002. I remember I bought ny 2002's for 69.99 at footlocker back in the day.

I wonder if these are going to hit sales racks like they did back in 2002. I remember I bought ny 2002's for 69.99 at footlocker back in the day.

if that happens, ill retire my niketalk account. times have changed and these definitely arent sitting.

cant understand why people think everything that doesnt sell out day 1 will hit sales racks. guess obsidian 12s were destined for sales racks too :lol:

Imjust sayin because footaction still had fsr and multiples in ever size. Dude pulled out about 7, 9.5 until I found the pair that looked flawless. I know they won't hit sales racks with the hype every retro gets that releases.

Back
Top Bottom